July 28, 2014 | 1742 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Eye Express Cream Shadow Stick in Minty

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2010 12:33:00 AM More reviews by pinkishbrown

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is so great, I can't imagine why anyone would prefer to spend nearly three times as much for a MAC shadow stick, or any other brand.

The shadow is so creamy and non-gritty, just perfect really. It's a pale mint green...with shimmer. Think of the Andes mints, with the dark chocolate on one side, and the creme de menthe other side. That's this same shade, except it does have a frosty finish.

I uploaded a photo that is actually from NouveauCheap blogspot, which is exactly the display I encountered at my local supermarket. Rhianna is wearing "minty" in the shot, and she looks awesome. I have dark skin and while this could be a very odd product if overapplied, it looks amazing just applied to my lashline and inner corner, and even the outer corner of my lower lashline. I love the creamy aspect, and how it doesn't skip. It also swivels easily and the packaging is foolproof.
The packaging is attractive to me - the pencil holder is the same color as the shadow, and it's sturdy but elegantly thin. You could easily store this in a small bag to go.

I'm tempted to get more of these, but am trying to use what I have. Honestly, the ease of application and nearly kid-friendly manipulation is what is so appealing. I wish they had more of these in every shade. The "cooling effects" pencils are thicker and not as easy to use. This truly is a wonderful product, and it probably was modeled as a dupe for MAC's Shadow sticks.
Cost: about $5 or less at my local supermarket.

Having trouble finding this? look for the special displays on endcaps or in the "featured" area of the drugstore. These are not in Maybelline's permanent display IME, which tells me they're limited edition. Also, they are mysteriously unfound on maybelline.com.

Wanted to also add that this is part of the Sweet Thing Spring 2010 collection...beautiful polish colors and other cream sticks as well. (cute lemon shade was very craveworthy for me!)