October 1, 2014 | 1181 users online

Sunscreen - Aveeno - Aveeno Continuous Protection Sunblock Lotion SPF 55 (active photobarrier complex)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2012 2:02:00 PM More reviews by googleit1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Surprised at the bad reviews. This has been my go-to sunscreen for almost a year, and I'm pretty picky. I was using an all-physical that broke me out and my skin was looking rough and dry. I switched to this even though I am pro-physical ss on principle. This is just so easy to use and looks great with makeup. It's a little shiny and white at first but dries down quickly and then looks beautiful on my slightly dry skin. Doesn't sting or feel heavy/sticky, but then again I'm used to heavier ss (IE, it's not super light or fluid like a moisturizer, like some people might be expecting). I don't have a problem with that as I am used to having a heavier formulation for more protection. (It is definitely more of a cream texture. Don't expect it to sink it like a moisturizer, as it does have a slight silicone feel).

What I really like is that when I use this I can tell a noticeable difference in how my skin looks -- more even toned, less pigmentation, smooth. Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) is the first ingredient of the inactive ingredient list -- adding to it's antioxidant and protective properties. Pretty good for a d/s product! Also contains soybean protein to even out tone. I'm very fair, with freckles, and clog prone. This doesn't break me out, my skin has actually been looking better using this. So happy to have found something I don't have to order online and that is not expensive!

Really like this ss and hope they don't discontinue it! I sometimes have trouble finding it, I can only find a smaller Aveeno Active naturals which has completely different ingredients & doesn't contain the Vitamin C : /

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2011 6:17:00 PM More reviews by Jessica1993

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like how this product doesn't break me out. Most sunblocks I've tried have and this one doesn't. It moisturizes well and what- not but it feels kind of heavy on the skin. This heaviness is the only thing I don't like and the fact that it seems too thick to penetrate into the skin. I will buy it again, at least until I find something better.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2011 12:09:00 PM More reviews by saratee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I really like the texture as it's light and moisturizing, but the formulation is terrible and blocks my pores and ALWAYS makes me break out.
Update: I completed tossing out all 4 bottles of this after a gigantic boil formed on my nose after using this F#$ed up product

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2010 2:25:00 AM More reviews by honu66

I bought mine in SPF70 specifically formulated for the face + oil free, waterproof, with natural soy and vitamins a, c and e...sounds good right? I also got it for $5.99 on sale at Walgreens. I was so happy to get this, but when I tried it on my face, it burned and peeled! Granted I use glycolic and other products on my face for anti-aging, but unlike the Neutrogena 85 w/Helioplex, this thing burned and made my face peel! I tried it 3 different times to be sure and the results were consistent. I have melasma and I need the protection, but w/the peeling and burning, I was thinking that the spf was coming off w/the skin...leaving it raw and unprotected. I went back to my Neutrogena and am happy again. Wouldn't use this again, unless I need a peel! :-)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2010 11:47:00 AM More reviews by tashraf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This review is for the SPF 85 one. When I saw that it was "continuous" protection, I was sold. When I first put it on, I liked that it's light weight, absorbs quickly and doesn't have an overpowering smell. But, then I went out and had to walk under the Florida sun for a while and got sweaty. I looked down on my hands and saw basically all my sunscreen that I put on mixed with my sweat. Sorry if I'm grossing out anybody. I even got darker by a shade or two, so there was no "continuous" protection (mind you, I wasn't even wearing the sunscreen for more than 2 hours) I liked the fact that this product doesn't have an overpowering smell. Other than that, I didn't like this product at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2010 6:23:00 PM More reviews by oumsker

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I like this product a lot because it is a good sunscreen AND works great as a primer for my makeup! Surprisingly, my face doesn't really shine badly as with other products after a long wear under makeup. I'm looking at my face now after 4 hours and it still looks pretty matte. It tends to have the white cast effect though...but it's SPF 55 so it's something to be expected. The only thing I don't like about this product is sometimes it leaves a powdery stuff on your skin after a while, so you have to make sure to wipe it out when that happens...I'm not sure if it's the heat or the sweat that causes it.

But it's a great sunblock lotion (esp. with makeup on top) for the price...
oh forgot to talk about the consistency...it's sticky but still blendable for me...and doesn't feel so heavy on my skin.