August 29, 2014 | 1673 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Le Metier de Beaute - Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge Anti-Aging Complexe Tinted Treatment Fluid ...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 1:16:00 AM More reviews by fadedgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have used Retin A and retinol products off and on for decades. I am extremely familiar with them and what they do (and don't do) for my skin.

This product is amazing. I wear it to bed at night, not during the day like most. What supposedly sets this product apart from the rest is that it has a patented system called "Syntoc Actif" to deliver the retinol way down into the dermis. Whether this is fact or hype, I do not know. But I do know that my skin has not been this supple or glowing in years -- and this after only using for a little over a week.

The condition of my skin has improved so drastically lately due to this and to using Skinceuticals CE Ferulic -- I am really amazed. I will continue to wear this at night until I reach a month's use, and then I will use it in the daytime as well. After having needed full coverage foundations for over a decade, I am already needing a foundation with less coverage and am even wearing tinted moisturizers (impossible heretofore). I am looking forward to being able to only wear the CE Ferulic, this product, and the Skinceuticals Physical Fusion 50 SPF most days and looking great doing it. I will save my Amorepacific Cushion foundation and my Sisley Transmat for only occasional wear. Woot woot!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2014 6:51:00 PM More reviews by hurlyburly

It doesn't deliver anything of what it promises to do.
The bottle looks pretty and that's all. Awfully overpriced.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2014 8:22:00 AM More reviews by A88A

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm a self-professed product junkie, and foundations are my ultimate kryptonite. There is just something about finding the perfect canvas for showcasing the rest of my makeup that makes me almost pathological in my neverending search for the perfect base product. I have oily skin and giant pores on my nose and cheeks. If that wasn't enough, I also have mild/moderate nasolabial lines, as well. The combination of oily, rough-textured skin and lines that cause my makeup to crease whenever I smile makes my search for perfect skin a particularly challenging endeavor.

Because of my oil situation and general hatred for foundations that feel like paint, I can't stand longwearing formulas. No matter what primer I use, they look cakey in my T-zone after a while. I work 8+ hours with little time to touch up my makeup, so I need something that is not going to go all texturally funky on me. Surprisingly, given my oily skin, I've been having great luck with tinted moisturizers and spot concealing under my eyes and on the random zit.

Although I've been more or less happy with NARS TM in Terre Neuve, I'd been very curious about LMdB Peau Vierge (The marketing! The insane price tag! The silver cannister! The dubious skincare claims!). I bought it in Shade 1, and I've used it for 2.5 weeks. Given that you're supposed to see measurable results in 7 days, I think I'm due for a review.

Well, it's nice. Pretty darn nice. Some acne scars along my jawline have faded noticeably. I caught myself in a store mirror yesterday, about 9ish hours after applying my makeup, and my skin looked good, especially along the sides of my face, where my faint acne scars tend to look blotchy when foundation wears off. I don't think anyone is going to see tretinoin-like results with this stuff, but I'm impressed that there are results, period. As far as tinted moisturizers go, it's lovely. It's very sheer, but does offer adequate coverage for toning down redness. It's also not too emollient for my oily skin. It does have a teensy bit of a sheen, but Shade 1 is the least shimmery, and it doesn't emphasize my large pores at all. I like to apply it with my fingers, patting and pressing it into my pores. This stuff is way too spendy for me to use a brush or sponge with it.

My only complaint is the color selection. As you might imagine, what with Terre Neuve being my match in NARS TM, I'm pretty fair. Shade 1 in Peau Vierge is a hair too dark and yellow. Just a hair. Sometimes I'll dab a little NARS TM or concealer along my jawline, or apply a very light bronzer to my neck to ease the transition from my face to my neck. It's not something a muggle would notice, but I'm OCD about foundation matches. I like it enough that I just may continue to use it in spite of the slightly 'off' color. I'm knocking off a lippie solely because this product is not pale person friendly.

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 5.0%, Zinc Oxide 5.0%
Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, PEG/PPG-18/ 18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Disodium Lauriminodipropionate Tocopheryl Phosphates, Tocopheryl Phosphate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Chloride, Lysine, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Leaf Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Phytantriol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Boron Nitride, Glycerin, Palmitic Acid, Dextrin Palmitate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Retinol, Polysorbate 20, Methicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by jadebella11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Im in love with this product! it makes your skin look dewy and healthy! this does not offer full coverage.. it is quite sheer .. I apply this first then a lil bit of foundation on my cheeks to cover the redness. It leaves a beautiful glow. For reference im an NC20 and have used both shades 1 & 2. 2 is way more glowy than shade 1. I bought shade 1 because shade 2 was sold out for awhile. I had ran out n I needed this asap! so I bought shade 1. I prefer shade 2 because of how much more glowy it is.. for me this is a must have.. I dont get breakouts from this and doesnt irritate my sensitive skin.... will keep repurchasing this for as long as they make it :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2013 8:46:00 AM More reviews by MissusJones

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I'll start by saying that my foundation looks amazing when I use this as a primer. So much in fact, that I ended my nightmarish quest to find a new foundation because all those in my rotation were never quite perfect...but now I have found what an amazing difference the right primer makes. Yes, this product has a certain degree of shimmer. I have discovered that on most online retail sites, it is listed as Peau Vierge Tinted Treatment or Tinted Moisturizer. While the treatment part is correct, it is in fact, a luminizer and not a true tinted moisturizer. I think that's a big reason why people get this product, discover its shimmer and sheerness, and are displeased. This tinted treatment is chock full of skincare benefits and I can honestly say that after the first 2 weeks of daily use, I saw a positive difference in the softness and smoothness of my skin. It is very very sheer, so while it does cover my redness, it will not cover discoloration or imperfections...at first that disappointed me as I thought I had wasted my money...but once I began using it as a primer, I was hooked. I am aging, so I have to be careful with "radiant" or "illuminating" foundations...but I do so love the glowy look and it's difficult to accomplish sometimes when you don't have the benefit of those foundations. However, using Peau Vierge makes my foundation absolutely glow in a healthy radiant way. It is not at all heavy feeling like some primers can be, and its creamy, lovely, and it applies smooth as silk. There is shimmer, but it just somehow "works". It doesn't make my aging skin look older, and it doesn't accentuate pores or imperfections at all. It blends seamlessly and the texture is amazing. Not runny or dry, just a perfect gossamer texture. Now...about the shades. A few different blogs had mentioned that the product was so sheer that the shades would be universal...but I did not find that to be true. I am a light nc15 in Winter, but a dark nc20 come Summer. I have to wear shade 1 in the winter and shade 2 in Summer. In springtime when I'm starting to get some color and am almost nc20, I can interchange shades...in that transition time, shade 1 is a match, but shade 2 warms up my complexion beautifully and gives me a sun kissed look without it looking like I'm wearing foundation thats too dark. However, it could very well make my face darker than my neck if I'm not careful. I also noticed that shade 2 has more shimmer than shade 1...quite a bit more in fact. The packaging is surprisingly lightweight considering how sturdy it is...I don't like that I can't see how much I have left BUT keeping light and air away from the product is crucial for protecting the anti-aging ingredients and keeps them from breaking down. It's a sleek, tall, round silver/chrome colored bottle and it has a pump that dispenses the perfect amount every time. The price is a little unsettling at $125 per ounce, but if you're looking for that one thing that will definitely make a difference in your makeup routine AND have a little skincare to boot, this puppy is the one to splurge on. In my opinion is was/is money very well spent and now that I've used it steadily and have seen what it can do, I can't imagine not having it in my daily routine. Thumbs way up on this one, LMdB has given us yet another gem with Peau Vierge! The only reason I took off a lippie is because the price is so high. Happy makeup-ing everyone!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2012 3:09:00 PM More reviews by Deandra

Two things that bother me about this "treatment." One is that they market it as a "treatment" when it is a tinted moisturizer with a few ingredients that exist in hundreds of products. The second is the exorbitant price - this does not need to cost $125. I insisted that the SA provide a sample that would last a week rather than fall prey to the annoying sales pitch they try to pressure you with. Initially looks dewy and flattering but within a couple of hours it dries and calls attention to any tiny line or expression fissure that you may have. If you must have a tinted moisturizer with hyaluronic acid, there are others available including one from By Terry which is around $65, so roughly half the price of this. However, the By Terry moisturizer is heavily fragranced and this is fragrance-free. If you have very oily skin and want a hyaluronic acid product, and if the high price tag doesn't scare you, get a sample in Shade 2 (the most neutral color).

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2012 8:27:00 PM More reviews by artemistzitzikilakis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Is this a joke? This is a TM with retinol, that is the big, overwhelming "skincare treatment" ingredient. And I can get it at the drugstore. It looks okay at first, absolutely nothing special about this, comes in the quite normal and unfortunate limited color selection of three and is not sheer enough to blend in "whatever your skintone". Number 2 was applied to me and it is very warm toned, it did not match. And it's $125! LM, Stila, Tarte - all better TM's. And retinol does not justify this pricetag. Go two steps here, apply a retinol and then a TM if it is that important. I use Retin A so why would I use retinol? This is almost an insult to a consumer and the s/a's are VERY agressive, with this price tag they probably have to be to make one sale a day. As the day wears on this looks even worse. Well, the color was wrong from the beginning. S/A's are going to have a hard time selling this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2012 3:10:00 PM More reviews by streckerj

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this. I don't see any shimmer as others have mentioned. It makes my skin look great and gives light, but good coverage. I was able to get this in the new "light" shade. They now have 3 shades and that works great. I don't think I could use anything darker. I am a foundation junkie and this is my HG. I notice some people are using it as a primer but I don't feel I need anything on top of it. I haven't used it long enough to say anything about the benefits as far as hyperprigmentation, but I'm hoping for the best. I love this so much I am serieously considering the $350.00 night cream. You only use 2-3 times a week so I would hope it would last awhile.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2012 12:15:00 PM More reviews by kittyk9t

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Gave this the 7 day test run and I have to say it definitely improved my skin noticeably. I have some hyper pigmentation due to running outdoors all summer and plain just getting older :( I also have some superficial acne scars which usually take a few months to fade. PV definitely has lightened them up and my skin overall is much brighter. I don't have large pores but I do have visible pores (sans makeup) on my nose and on my cheeks near my nose. PV has seemed to have made them smaller but it isn't drastic. For my little trial run I used all my normal face care products including my moisturizer that contains SPF 20 and the only face makeup I used was Chanel's Double Perfection powder foundation, lipgloss and mascara.

This treatment fluid definitely will not give you coverage. Some get more than others but I think since I am on the darker end of the users of shade 2 (I'm NC30) I don't get as much coverage. If you are any darker than NC30, you should probably try shade 3. I will probably try shade 3 for the summer. It doesn't cover much but it really tones down redness/splotchiness. It has ALOT of shimmer to it - like a surprising amount. Some reviews I read said it didn't have sparkle and others said it was full on glittery or "disco ball" I think the words were. I wouldn't say it's glittery, more like really shimmery because it's a really fine textured shimmer - and noticeably so. But the shimmer factor is easily toned down with powder. I used my Chanel DP and it matted out the shimmer with one pass and looked really natural - more natural than just the Chanel DP on it's own. I think it's because of the luminosity the PV gives my skin so powder doesn't look as flat on.

The price at $125 for 1 oz. is ridiculous but I will continue to buy this. It just makes your skin look better - with makeup and without anything on your face. It comes in a really sleek silver pump and one pump is more than enough for your whole face. The amount of product dispensed is really easy to control so I am able to pump out about 3/4 of a full pump and that's a good amount for me. The consistency is really nice - not too thin/thick and really silky so it spreads evenly and easily. I still think the price is way too much but like I said, I will continue to fork over the money. If you already have really great skin, you could skip this but for everyone else, this is kind of a must have!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2012 8:11:00 PM More reviews by linzyn87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Splurged on this and it happens to be too sparkly and not enough yellow in it. Nothing special for 125 dollars.