October 25, 2014 | 1714 users online

Body Scrubs - LUSH - Glorious Mud

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2012 10:46:00 AM More reviews by Rw566

This is really only suited as a face mask, and I wish they would market it that way. It;s so crumbly, and you lose so much of it in the shower your credit card starts hurting. It's also impossible to leave it on for several minutes, even if you're taking a bath.

These are all reasons I prefer it as a face mask. It takes a fine hand to collect all the strewn-about chunks and particles that occur after breaking off a chunk, and crumbling it into a small tupperware container lets me save as much of my money as possible. Adding a tiny amount of water into a smaller container with the product, it fizzes and creates a mousse-like consistency that I then spread onto my face and leave on for 10-15 minutes. It's a fine enough scrub that it's not abrasive or harsh to the face in any way. When I take it off, my skin feels quite soft though a bit dry, so I would recommend following with a moisturizer.

All in all, I would only recommend this product as a face mask

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2012 9:40:00 AM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this as a scrub/masque for my body. The scent is amazing, the fine granules exfoliates gently, great for my back, chest area which are more tender. I keep it in a righteous butter container, closes the lid tightly to keep it dry. Scoops out a handful and massage over my skin, leaves it for 5 minutes, ideally 10min.

After rinsing it off, my skin is super soft and smooth. Smells so good.... I love love this!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2012 12:02:00 AM More reviews by juliawilson22

This product is okay, but it did leave my skin fairly soft. I don't crumble it as you are supposed to, I just rub it on my body so that it lasts longer. It can be messy, but overall I like this.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2012 2:44:00 PM More reviews by violetkat22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I didn't really like or dislike this product. I used it as directed as a body scrub/mask in the shower and it scratched my skin a little, and really got my tub a mess. I won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2012 4:18:00 PM More reviews by SuzanneDee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Lush's Mudflats soap used to be my favourite summer face soap - it contained Rhassoul Mud and was meant for body acne or something, but it really helped prevent forehead breakouts when I went out in the sun.
Then Lush decided to stop making the soap, prompting me to buy 800 grams of the stuff and store it away like Smeagol (Rhassssoul, my precioussss!). It eventually ran out.
Glorious Mud however is fast becoming a very good replacement. It contains the mud, smells divine (like Lush Creme Anglaise cream) and is meant for the body too. But I've been using it on my face with great success.
Half a teaspoon of the crumbled up mud with a few drops of water makes a gritty paste that I poke to smoothen out and then apply on my damp face. The stuff fizzes slightly in my hand and on my face there's no reaction until 4 minutes later when my cheekbones itch slightly.
I rinse, rubbing very gently (though the particles are finer than any scrub I've used). All that's left behind is a clean face - no redness, no oily zones. That and the fragrance which lasts several hours, I even get a hint of it when I'm wetting my face 5 hours later.
One use makes no difference. Five uses over 7 days however has made my skin smoother to touch and less prone to forehead breakouts. I'd like to say my face looks brighter, but I've seen peel-off masks do that better (though temporarily).
I'm so glad to be reunited with Rhassoul. One mud to rule them all. Smeagol is very pleassssed!

EDIT: Just want to add that it's been a month of near daily use. This is the first summer in which my forehead hasn't broken out once.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2011 8:36:00 PM More reviews by lyndsay2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

this is a great product with a terrible execution. right off you should know: it will fall apart upon opening if it has not already done so during shipping/transit from the store. it will be a dry, crumbly, hard to clean up mess so make sure you're near a tub or garbage when opening. luckily, it smells yummy and is a fun product to use once you get to using what ever you have been able to salvage off the floor (half kidding!). when i buy the mud now, i know that i'm either gonna use the brick in one shot or be prepared to have tupper-wear near by to store it. buy multiple mud bricks as well since a little will NOT go a long way. i usually save it for a tub soak after a shower when my skin is not sopping wet but damp. this really isn't meant for a quick shower. happily, it feels lovely and is very mud/spa like once you figure out how to use it.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2011 10:57:00 AM More reviews by myfacewithin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have heard amazing this about this product, so I decided that instead of buying it (since I live about 200 miles from the closest LUSH store) to swap for it. After what seemed like forever, I was finally able to get a hold of some. It was already crushed, so I can't comment on what happens if you break up the block, but I can tell you that the powder went EVERYWHERE. I didn't mind this so much since I had read the reviews and prepared it over the tub.

What I did to prepare was to wet my skin briefly underneath the shower. I then took a small glass bowl, poured in the powder, and then poured some hot water into it. I mixed it up with my fingers, and spread it over my arms and legs. I set the timer for 10 minutes, and sat. I sat and sat and sat. Do you know how long 10 minutes are when you're just sitting on the edge of the tub? Ugh.

About two and a half minutes in, I started to get a tingly feeling. Then I got an itchy feeling. The itching became unbearable, so I finally gave up. I rinsed the mask off after about 4 minutes.

I have to admit, it left my skin silky smooth and moisturized with no greasy feel. BUT, I had to give this product a low rating because [1] the powder went POOF! everywhere, [2] the mask was very thin (perhaps it's my fault if I put in too much water, [3] I don't have 10 minutes to sit in the tub waiting for the mask to dry, and [4] the itching was unbearable. I have found tons of other products that make my skin soft...I just can't justify buying this.

On a better note, I have heard TONS of amazing reviews about this product that did not involve itching. I gave the remainder to my friend, and she did just fine with it. Perhaps I just have sensitive skin? Either way, I won't be buying it or swapping for it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2011 2:02:00 PM More reviews by sunday1966

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This scrub made my skin feel really soft and the smell is absolutely delicious. A definite con as far as I'm concerned is the fact that it's so incredibly messy. After using this scrub you need to clean your shower area meticulously because it gets all over the place which is (in this case) a rather disgusting sight. I like it but I will only buy it again if it comes in a tube, pot, container whatever.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2011 8:40:00 PM More reviews by Jenny86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this as a sample. It came in a plastic container crumbled, not in a block. Smells really, really good! But sadly, when I took it to the bath with me it doesnīt exfoliates at all. My Sugar Plum Fairy Scrub is more exfoliating but gentle with my sensitive skin at the same time.

Yes, Glorious Mud itīs quite moisturizing, but I can also apply a moisturizer on my skin when I get out of the shower instead using a "scrub" like this one to only moisture my skin

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2011 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Saga17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I also have mixed feelings about this one. This hard block cost me 10,95 euros and it was really hard, I couldn't even cut it with a knife without crumbling all over. So I decided to take the whole block with me to the shower. It dissolved poorly even under running water. I managed to rub some all over my skin and went to sit in a sauna. I really liked the scent and my skin felt super soft and silky after washing it off. But I won't purchase again because it was so difficult to use and kinda expensive.