April 16, 2014 | 1442 users online

Treatments - LUSH - Serum- Full of Grace

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by alyssavalle21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This serum bar is great for dry sensitive skin. You rub the bar between your hands to melt it and then apply to your face. I've only used this at night so far so I'm not exactly sure how it wears throughout the day or under make-up but I have no complaints for night time use thus far.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by RuqZy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this little bar so much! I have had many allergic reactions since my skin is extremely sensitive and dry. This has really worked for me. It's really soothing and moisturising. I use it as a moisturiser and I use it twice a day after cleansing with Lush's Fresh Farmacy soap bar. Both are amazing and good for my extremely sensitive skin! My skin is liking something at last!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Carela26

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm in love with this product. Unlike the other reviews, I don't find it greasy. I'm use to using oils I'm my skin, so that may be the reason. My skin feels comfortable and healthy with this product. It has calamine which is good for reactive skin, like mine. It smells divine. No itchy, red, irritated skin for me. The only criticism I have is the fact that it has no packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2014 9:18:00 AM More reviews by caramelly87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My skin: in the past I had rosacea (flushing, red bumps and a few pustules) on my cheeks mainly. Typically oilier T-zone with dry cheeks. Very pale and translucent with dark under eye shadows. Sensitive to temperature changes.

Why purchase?: I bought this on a whim whilst browsing in Lush in January 2014 when I asked about their best moisturiser for rosacea.

How to apply?: It is a serum so I warm it up with my hands and glide it on underneath my make up.

Pros?: It does not aggravate my rosacea, it doesn't smell offensive, and it feels like a light moisturiser. It will last for ages as no product is wasted. Doesn't affect my make up routine.

Cons?: a lack of packaging. I keep mine in an upturned shell from the beach.

Recommend?: If you have sensitive skin I would give this a go - it's very gentle and contains no harsh chemicals.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by callmeDNA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE this little thing. Perfect for my winter skin, gets dry easily but nothing too gnarly. I put this on before bed every night and I swear it helps calm pimples so much. Also skin looks just generally more supple, even, and brighter. Just melts right in and smells delicious. I've attributed this to my sleepy time smell. No complaints except its hard to travel with, but what can they do? I just have them put mine in a little tin (that their hard shampoos come in) and it fits perfectly. BUT if I know that I won't be home immediately and its warm outside, I have them put it in their plastic containers, because if it melts I can just refrigerate and it holds it's shape. I would NEVER put it in one of their paper bags, if it melts, you're out $15.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 4:47:00 AM More reviews by alh011

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am majorly in love with this serum bar. I've never used a serum in a bar form before I started using this. I had to throw out my last bar as I left it in the bathroom which got too hot with the afternoon sun and it melted, spreading throughout a lot of my cosmetics. Sadly, I threw it away and forgot about it. However, I recently popped into a LUSH store (which involves going to another country as there's no LUSH in Malaysia) and bought a new serum bar.
I am so glad I did! I have combination skin and by combination I mean it's oily so I use oil control products then it becomes dry, so I use products for dry skin and it becomes oily!
This serum seems to calm my skin down a lot, takes away the redness, makes my skin feel 'comfortable' (not tight) and makes my skin smooth as a baby's bottom. I'm really loving the benefits.
I know others have said they can't use it in the morning, but I work from home so I have time to let it sink in before applying makeup. But I can understand if time was of the essence this would take too long sinking in.
Can you believe I actually re-apply this at midday after a quick splash of water to freshen up? My skin is absorbing this like air.
It's a great price for the benefits it offers, but be careful how you store it. I had mine in the paper bag it came with but the bag was becoming 'oily' and I was worried the paper was drawing the benefits from the bar so I've now got it in a LUSH shampoo bar tin which seems to be working fine. Just be very careful to store this in a cool place because it melts very easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2013 12:12:00 AM More reviews by poonamguinn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I work in dermatology, I've tried every single moisturizer on the market, it took a serum bar (oil) to make me feel hydrated. So far I've had it for about a week, and I use it in the morning under my SPF and again after I shower. Again, keep in mind my skin is really really really dry, so it soaks in alot quicker than it would on most people. The price is on point too!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Nicolebby

I love, love, LOVE this product! I am seriously obsessed with it. I use it at least twice a week depending on how my skin looks and feels. I use it only at night because of how "greasy" it is under a moisturizer (typically LUSH's Vanishing Cream) and wake up in the morning with smooth and soft skin. It has seriously worked wonders for the dry skin around the sides of my nose and between my eyebrows. I don't just use it in those spots though, I use it over my entire face (and I have combination skin) and it does not make my skin extra oily or anything like that. I previously used 100% Pure Argan Oil from Josie Maran, which I still do use occasionally (mostly just to finish it off, since this works SO much better on my face at least, I still love Josie Maran for my cuticles, elbows, knees and hands!). Unlike some others, I really don't mind the smell of Full of Grace. I don't know exactly what it smells like but it is rather light, not too overpowering, and it does not seem to last long, or at least I do not notice it after awhile.

Packaging wise, I just store it in one of the little tins that LUSH has for sale, but I'm sure it could be in a bag or just left out but it will melt. I do not mind rubbing it between my hands, except i find that I usually get too much product. So I just leave it in the tin, and rub my clean fingers on the bar a couple times and get the perfect amount. Price wise, it may seem expensive at first, but it is cheaper than Argan Oil and lasts for a decent amount of time. I will definitely repurchase!

I noticed that there is not a list of ingredients on this page, so for anyone who was wondering, I looked in the LUSH catalog and it says "Portebello and Rose Serum" as well as "packed with moisturizing butters, fresh extracts, and soothing floral oils to hydrate and improve skin's elasticity." For $14.95 U.S. this stuff really is what miracles are made of.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2013 10:03:00 PM More reviews by 1432

I think this was really moisturizing but it did break me out when I first started using it. I suggest using it in the winter or when your skin is really dry because it can be too heavy during the summer. It's a solid bar but it will melt a bit to your body temperature and leave you with a thick cream or oil that you rub on your face. It has a subtle smell of roses. It takes a few minutes to fully sink in. I use it at night and when I wake up, I am left with super soft, moisturized skin. It lasts long so I think it's ok for the price. For the packaging, there is none. This could be a problem because it can melt and it gets oily when you use it so you probably don't want it rubbing on other things. You can keep it in a Tupperware or ziplock bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Dengail

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have mostly normal skin, a little oily here, a little dry there. This works wonderful! I use it after a shower and face scrub of Lush's Ocean Salt. The combination of these two cleared up my dry patches on the side of my nose and in my eyebrow that was peeling and annoying. I barely use any between my fingers and apply all over my face, especially those areas. I have to do this at least twice a week or those patches want to return. Remarkable.