October 26, 2014 | 1054 users online

Treatments (Face) - LUSH - Full of Grace Serum Bar

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2014 6:10:00 AM More reviews by missbioniclegs

On my second purchase of this. I've been using this as my night moisturiser and my skin looks really calm and feels amazing in the morning. It feels quite greasy at first but sinks in quite quickly and has never made me break out, in fact the opposite it has evened out my skin and I feel like my open pores look tighter too.

To use; I just cleanse my face tone then I rub it straight from the bar onto my face. I then massage it in for a few minutes. I think you could use it in the day if you weren't in a rush but I prefer it at night or if I'm not going out/wearing makeup.

I love that Lush has hardly any packaging, this comes as it is (they can wrap it in paper for you) I store it in a small plastic tuppaware type of box. It also lasts for ages! excellent value and will re-purchase again and again. It also smells amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2014 2:26:00 AM More reviews by maakeupaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have sensitive/combination/acne prone skin and this product works great to calm down my acne. Also, it helps to calm irritated skin since it has chamomile as an ingredient. It hasn't broken me out. It works well under a moisturizer as it isn't moisturizing enough on its own. When I apply this serum generously over my face at night I noticed that in the morning my face is plump and fresh looking.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2014 8:24:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

I received a bar of this about a month ago and it's quickly becoming a staple in my skin care routine! I have combo skin (oily t-zone, dry cheeks & chin) so I use this at night as my nighttime moisturizer. I just warm it up with my fingertips, run it over my cheeks and forehead, and massage it into my face. The oil's very dry, so you don't feel heavy or greasy and I never had an issue with it staining my pillow case. I was alarmed when I first used this, as when I woke up I had a bunch of new pimples on my nose! However, I stuck with it, believing it to be just a purge (and it was) and now my skin tone is much more even and glowing! I have red spots and some broken capillaries on my face that I'm a bit insecure about and I find that they've been fading as I've been using this! It smells WONDERFUL too, it smells like I just walked into a spa, very herbal and soothing. I will definitely be repurchasing this. I thought nothing could replace my Egyptian Magic as my night cream, but this stuff definitely has!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2014 10:32:00 AM More reviews by pierydys

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This funny-looking thing is a facial serum, Lushís Full of Grace. It is probably the most un-serumy serum Iíve ever tried, and actually the first one that Iíve gone to the bother of purchasing on my own. It was probably the unorthodox presentation that led me to buy it in the first place, since I tend to have magpie tendencies for cosmetics in odd formats. The ingredients list sounded interesting, too Ė murumuru and cupuacu butters (like palm and cocoa butter, but not), calamine, rose petal infusion, almond oil, rose oil and portabello mushrooms. Mushrooms, really? They say it has skin-protecting vitamins and minerals ó maybe thatís a good reason for people to eat them, but I canít say I ever thought of putting them in makeup before. Still not sure if they actually do anything or if it is just a gimmick, but the rest of the ingredients definitely work.

I generally like Lushís facial care products because they usually (thereís a few exceptions) donít bother my overly sensitive skin. Not sensitive in the I-break-out-in-acne-a-day-later sort of way, but sensitive in the OMG-swelling-hives-on-my-face-where-is-the-prednisone way. My momís the same, so thanks, genetics. As I mentioned in a previous post about facial moisturizers, this tendency has led to my warily making my way through entire aisles of products and coming away with only a handful of items that are actually compatible. Iíve had good luck with a few of Lushís facial moisturizers, so thought Iíd give the serum a chance as well. The description mentions that this serum contains chamomile and calamine for calming easily aggravated skin, and I have noticed that my complexion is less red and blotchy (it still gets that way from winter weather at times, even with assiduous moisturizing) on the days I go to sleep with this stuff on.

So yes, calming and soothing, check. Moisturizing? Yeah, Iíd say so. In fact, to the point where itís a bit on the greasy side, which is not something Iíve experienced with the serum genre before. Probably because of those fancy-named butters. Itís not the type of greasiness that translates to breakouts, though, so thatís okay. It does mean that you have to wait a while between application and moisturizing and/or makeup, if you go that route, though. I usually only use this at night or when Iím going to be schlepping around the house with a bare face, so itís a non-issue. The smell is nice, sort of rosey and earthy and warm, but not in an overly flowery sort of way. Itís a scent that works well when you use it before going to sleep.

I guess that leaves us with commentary on the format. I keep my bar in the wax paper it was originally wrapped in, and that works fine. We do live in Finland, though, so itís not like we ever have to worry about anything melting from the heat, even at the height of summer. I started off applying this directly to my face, but found that I get more even (and less greasy) results from rubbing it between my palms until enough melts off, then smoothing it onto the face. Thereís usually enough to get my neck as well and any leftovers are good for my much-abused and constantly-washed hands anyway, so I donít feel like any is going to waste. I do sometimes wonder how hygienic leaving it open to the air like that could be, and there have been a few close calls where I have almost dropped it and would have had trouble figuring out how to wash/wipe it off (I mean, really, wash a bar of butter?) if I had. Perhaps some sort option for an applicator mechanism wouldnít be bad.

Would I buy this again? Sure. Itís only £8.50 a bar and has lasted me going on two months now, though Iíve not been using it on a daily basis. Would still be decently priced if I did use it daily (like I should). Serums in general are usually the priciest things on the shelves, and this isnít even in the ballpark with some of the other things Iíve been using. I have a few other jars of stuff to finish off after this bar is done, but itís definitely on my re-order list for when the time comes.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by alyssavalle21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This serum bar is great for dry sensitive skin. You rub the bar between your hands to melt it and then apply to your face. I've only used this at night so far so I'm not exactly sure how it wears throughout the day or under make-up but I have no complaints for night time use thus far.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by RuqZy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this little bar so much! I have had many allergic reactions since my skin is extremely sensitive and dry. This has really worked for me. It's really soothing and moisturising. I use it as a moisturiser and I use it twice a day after cleansing with Lush's Fresh Farmacy soap bar. Both are amazing and good for my extremely sensitive skin! My skin is liking something at last!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Carela26

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm in love with this product. Unlike the other reviews, I don't find it greasy. I'm use to using oils I'm my skin, so that may be the reason. My skin feels comfortable and healthy with this product. It has calamine which is good for reactive skin, like mine. It smells divine. No itchy, red, irritated skin for me. The only criticism I have is the fact that it has no packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2014 9:18:00 AM More reviews by caramelly87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My skin: in the past I had rosacea (flushing, red bumps and a few pustules) on my cheeks mainly. Typically oilier T-zone with dry cheeks. Very pale and translucent with dark under eye shadows. Sensitive to temperature changes.

Why purchase?: I bought this on a whim whilst browsing in Lush in January 2014 when I asked about their best moisturiser for rosacea.

How to apply?: It is a serum so I warm it up with my hands and glide it on underneath my make up.

Pros?: It does not aggravate my rosacea, it doesn't smell offensive, and it feels like a light moisturiser. It will last for ages as no product is wasted. Doesn't affect my make up routine.

Cons?: a lack of packaging. I keep mine in an upturned shell from the beach.

Recommend?: If you have sensitive skin I would give this a go - it's very gentle and contains no harsh chemicals.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by callmeDNA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE this little thing. Perfect for my winter skin, gets dry easily but nothing too gnarly. I put this on before bed every night and I swear it helps calm pimples so much. Also skin looks just generally more supple, even, and brighter. Just melts right in and smells delicious. I've attributed this to my sleepy time smell. No complaints except its hard to travel with, but what can they do? I just have them put mine in a little tin (that their hard shampoos come in) and it fits perfectly. BUT if I know that I won't be home immediately and its warm outside, I have them put it in their plastic containers, because if it melts I can just refrigerate and it holds it's shape. I would NEVER put it in one of their paper bags, if it melts, you're out $15.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 4:47:00 AM More reviews by alh011

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am majorly in love with this serum bar. I've never used a serum in a bar form before I started using this. I had to throw out my last bar as I left it in the bathroom which got too hot with the afternoon sun and it melted, spreading throughout a lot of my cosmetics. Sadly, I threw it away and forgot about it. However, I recently popped into a LUSH store (which involves going to another country as there's no LUSH in Malaysia) and bought a new serum bar.
I am so glad I did! I have combination skin and by combination I mean it's oily so I use oil control products then it becomes dry, so I use products for dry skin and it becomes oily!
This serum seems to calm my skin down a lot, takes away the redness, makes my skin feel 'comfortable' (not tight) and makes my skin smooth as a baby's bottom. I'm really loving the benefits.
I know others have said they can't use it in the morning, but I work from home so I have time to let it sink in before applying makeup. But I can understand if time was of the essence this would take too long sinking in.
Can you believe I actually re-apply this at midday after a quick splash of water to freshen up? My skin is absorbing this like air.
It's a great price for the benefits it offers, but be careful how you store it. I had mine in the paper bag it came with but the bag was becoming 'oily' and I was worried the paper was drawing the benefits from the bar so I've now got it in a LUSH shampoo bar tin which seems to be working fine. Just be very careful to store this in a cool place because it melts very easily.