November 21, 2014 | 1742 users online

Treatments (Face) - LUSH - Full of Grace Serum Bar

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2014 4:35:00 PM More reviews by mtambogon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am actually an employee at lush.

I had purchased this to help with some dark spots and to also use with masks. My skin is dry - normal skin, I have Asian skin to I have a lot of redness. Unfortunately using this has cause my face to break out. I have pimples mostly on my chin.

I've seen this product work on other people ( my boyfriend ) and it's amazing for him. He's on the dry side as well, but not sensitive. he uses it as a night moisturizer and it does wonders.

If you have dry skin that is also super sensitive, I would just get a sample, and try it on a specific spot.

it doesn't work for everyone, but when it does it's amazing!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2014 4:05:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a fairly recent LUSH addict. I actually only go in lush store during autumn an winter when it's cool enough to take baths instead of showers. Hehe

But I was recently introduced to this face serum by a lush employee. I was complaining about how my face suddenly became more dry as autumn came but I also got back to back cystic acne spots on my face. The sales lady told me about "full of grace" and said it doesn't clog pores. I was a little hesitant because I was a serum bar and I've never used a serum bar before. Anywho, after humming on it for a week, I decided to buy this and store it in one of those lush shampoo tins (it's a tight squeeze but fit perfectly).
Well to my surprise after 1 week of using this nightly, my 3 tiny spots cleared up and my one cystic acne disappeared!!! I have no idea how this stuff works, but it works! I went from using Persa gel 10% daily to using this serum bar... And my face has never looked better. I've received so many compliments in the last week alone, I don't know what I would do without this serum bar.

Ps: I don't rub the bar between my palms to warm it up... I actually take the bar and apply it directly to my face - 3 lines on each cheek, one across my forehead, one on my jaw line (from one ear to the other) and 2 down my neck. Then massage it in. Less product waste

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2014 6:10:00 AM More reviews by missbioniclegs

On my second purchase of this. I've been using this as my night moisturiser and my skin looks really calm and feels amazing in the morning. It feels quite greasy at first but sinks in quite quickly and has never made me break out, in fact the opposite it has evened out my skin and I feel like my open pores look tighter too.

To use; I just cleanse my face tone then I rub it straight from the bar onto my face. I then massage it in for a few minutes. I think you could use it in the day if you weren't in a rush but I prefer it at night or if I'm not going out/wearing makeup.

I love that Lush has hardly any packaging, this comes as it is (they can wrap it in paper for you) I store it in a small plastic tuppaware type of box. It also lasts for ages! excellent value and will re-purchase again and again. It also smells amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2014 2:26:00 AM More reviews by maakeupaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have sensitive/combination/acne prone skin and this product works great to calm down my acne. Also, it helps to calm irritated skin since it has chamomile as an ingredient. It hasn't broken me out. It works well under a moisturizer as it isn't moisturizing enough on its own. When I apply this serum generously over my face at night I noticed that in the morning my face is plump and fresh looking.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2014 8:24:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

I received a bar of this about a month ago and it's quickly becoming a staple in my skin care routine! I have combo skin (oily t-zone, dry cheeks & chin) so I use this at night as my nighttime moisturizer. I just warm it up with my fingertips, run it over my cheeks and forehead, and massage it into my face. The oil's very dry, so you don't feel heavy or greasy and I never had an issue with it staining my pillow case. I was alarmed when I first used this, as when I woke up I had a bunch of new pimples on my nose! However, I stuck with it, believing it to be just a purge (and it was) and now my skin tone is much more even and glowing! I have red spots and some broken capillaries on my face that I'm a bit insecure about and I find that they've been fading as I've been using this! It smells WONDERFUL too, it smells like I just walked into a spa, very herbal and soothing. I will definitely be repurchasing this. I thought nothing could replace my Egyptian Magic as my night cream, but this stuff definitely has!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2014 10:32:00 AM More reviews by pierydys

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This funny-looking thing is a facial serum, Lushís Full of Grace. It is probably the most un-serumy serum Iíve ever tried, and actually the first one that Iíve gone to the bother of purchasing on my own. It was probably the unorthodox presentation that led me to buy it in the first place, since I tend to have magpie tendencies for cosmetics in odd formats. The ingredients list sounded interesting, too Ė murumuru and cupuacu butters (like palm and cocoa butter, but not), calamine, rose petal infusion, almond oil, rose oil and portabello mushrooms. Mushrooms, really? They say it has skin-protecting vitamins and minerals ó maybe thatís a good reason for people to eat them, but I canít say I ever thought of putting them in makeup before. Still not sure if they actually do anything or if it is just a gimmick, but the rest of the ingredients definitely work.

I generally like Lushís facial care products because they usually (thereís a few exceptions) donít bother my overly sensitive skin. Not sensitive in the I-break-out-in-acne-a-day-later sort of way, but sensitive in the OMG-swelling-hives-on-my-face-where-is-the-prednisone way. My momís the same, so thanks, genetics. As I mentioned in a previous post about facial moisturizers, this tendency has led to my warily making my way through entire aisles of products and coming away with only a handful of items that are actually compatible. Iíve had good luck with a few of Lushís facial moisturizers, so thought Iíd give the serum a chance as well. The description mentions that this serum contains chamomile and calamine for calming easily aggravated skin, and I have noticed that my complexion is less red and blotchy (it still gets that way from winter weather at times, even with assiduous moisturizing) on the days I go to sleep with this stuff on.

So yes, calming and soothing, check. Moisturizing? Yeah, Iíd say so. In fact, to the point where itís a bit on the greasy side, which is not something Iíve experienced with the serum genre before. Probably because of those fancy-named butters. Itís not the type of greasiness that translates to breakouts, though, so thatís okay. It does mean that you have to wait a while between application and moisturizing and/or makeup, if you go that route, though. I usually only use this at night or when Iím going to be schlepping around the house with a bare face, so itís a non-issue. The smell is nice, sort of rosey and earthy and warm, but not in an overly flowery sort of way. Itís a scent that works well when you use it before going to sleep.

I guess that leaves us with commentary on the format. I keep my bar in the wax paper it was originally wrapped in, and that works fine. We do live in Finland, though, so itís not like we ever have to worry about anything melting from the heat, even at the height of summer. I started off applying this directly to my face, but found that I get more even (and less greasy) results from rubbing it between my palms until enough melts off, then smoothing it onto the face. Thereís usually enough to get my neck as well and any leftovers are good for my much-abused and constantly-washed hands anyway, so I donít feel like any is going to waste. I do sometimes wonder how hygienic leaving it open to the air like that could be, and there have been a few close calls where I have almost dropped it and would have had trouble figuring out how to wash/wipe it off (I mean, really, wash a bar of butter?) if I had. Perhaps some sort option for an applicator mechanism wouldnít be bad.

Would I buy this again? Sure. Itís only £8.50 a bar and has lasted me going on two months now, though Iíve not been using it on a daily basis. Would still be decently priced if I did use it daily (like I should). Serums in general are usually the priciest things on the shelves, and this isnít even in the ballpark with some of the other things Iíve been using. I have a few other jars of stuff to finish off after this bar is done, but itís definitely on my re-order list for when the time comes.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by alyssavalle21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This serum bar is great for dry sensitive skin. You rub the bar between your hands to melt it and then apply to your face. I've only used this at night so far so I'm not exactly sure how it wears throughout the day or under make-up but I have no complaints for night time use thus far.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by RuqZy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this little bar so much! I have had many allergic reactions since my skin is extremely sensitive and dry. This has really worked for me. It's really soothing and moisturising. I use it as a moisturiser and I use it twice a day after cleansing with Lush's Fresh Farmacy soap bar. Both are amazing and good for my extremely sensitive skin! My skin is liking something at last!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Carela26

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm in love with this product. Unlike the other reviews, I don't find it greasy. I'm use to using oils I'm my skin, so that may be the reason. My skin feels comfortable and healthy with this product. It has calamine which is good for reactive skin, like mine. It smells divine. No itchy, red, irritated skin for me. The only criticism I have is the fact that it has no packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2014 9:18:00 AM More reviews by caramelly87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My skin: in the past I had rosacea (flushing, red bumps and a few pustules) on my cheeks mainly. Typically oilier T-zone with dry cheeks. Very pale and translucent with dark under eye shadows. Sensitive to temperature changes.

Why purchase?: I bought this on a whim whilst browsing in Lush in January 2014 when I asked about their best moisturiser for rosacea.

How to apply?: It is a serum so I warm it up with my hands and glide it on underneath my make up.

Pros?: It does not aggravate my rosacea, it doesn't smell offensive, and it feels like a light moisturiser. It will last for ages as no product is wasted. Doesn't affect my make up routine.

Cons?: a lack of packaging. I keep mine in an upturned shell from the beach.

Recommend?: If you have sensitive skin I would give this a go - it's very gentle and contains no harsh chemicals.