November 22, 2014 | 1945 users online

Mascara - The Body Shop - Big and Curvy Mascara

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2014 3:52:00 AM More reviews by carlablack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

As most other reviews said, this is a problematic mascara.

The problem is, it's both very liquid AND quick drying. That means, formula dries while you're applying and since it's so thin in consistency, products keeps building up on your lashes before you can separate them.
I gave it two lippies because i really like the brush and will be using it with other mascaras.

If you insist on using up this mascara, you gotta follow wayne goss' advice:
" Wipe the mascara wand. When you think you wiped too much, wipe again."

That really works! I wipe almost all the product off the wand and then i can use it without gluing the lashes together. This way it gives more definition than volume, but at least it looks decent.

Needless to say, won't be repurchasing this.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2014 6:01:00 PM More reviews by SMaj

I would not recommend this mascara to anyone. It's super wet, dries clumpy, so hard to remove, even with a good quality cleansing balm. Painful to remove and bits of the mascara begin to flake into the face and eyes causing discomfort. Awful product, which is surprising as TBS products are usually awesome.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2014 6:21:00 PM More reviews by Seemi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would never recommend this mascara to anyone!!! Don't get me wrong it's a goodie gives length and volume but here's the problem. When trying to remove this mascara it's like cement. You have to rub hard to remove it and I don't want to be pulling and tugging at my delicate eye area. All in all I will never use this again it's just not worth the hassle.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2014 11:30:00 PM More reviews by ThePinkReview

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This mascara is the best I've tried. It makes my lashes a brilliant black, and long and thick. The small brush allows every lash to be coated, which makes my large eyes appear even bigger. The only downside is it's difficult to remove.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2014 5:16:00 AM More reviews by Xyzzie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very short straight eye lashes and this mascara makes them really longer and more noticable, But I have to use a curler first.
When it was new there was a bit too much mascara on the brush, but now I'm using it for 3 months and it's still good while others mascara's are already empty after that time.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/27/2014 6:47:00 PM More reviews by Aimansaeed

This is the worst mascara ever!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2014 7:34:00 AM More reviews by hazelbeth

I am a religious buyer of The Body Shop's aloe vera cleanser and toner, so I thought I'd branch out and try their makeup too. This mascara claimed to do exactly what I wanted, make my lashes more volumised, but I didn't find this to be true at all. I have very dark lashes and so I bought the black mascara; I found it clumpy and very difficult to apply successfully. In my opinion the brush is too chunky and so it's very hard to get a clean swipe through your lashes as it picks up too much product and doesn't spread it out, applying more coats makes it even worse. I have tried to get on with this mascara multiple times as I love The Body Shop as a brand, but I really dislike the clumpy effect that it leaves on my lashes. the only positive that I have found from this mascara is that it doesn't flake or smudge throughout the day. Unfortunately, I won't be repurchasing it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2014 6:32:00 PM More reviews by ALF1969

OK, it's not the best mascara out there but I can make it work. 3 thin coats in quick succession (wiggle the first coat on near the roots for extra volume). But the thing I love about it is it doesn't flake, no flaking, in fact it needs some work to get off - not too bad but definitely needs an extra swipe of whatever cleanser I am using (EVOO, foaming face wash, etc). It stays put from dawn til dusk and my eyes are not irritated or red. Big plus. It's also cheap, £10 full price but there is always a sale at TBS. My 2 HG mascara are clinique high impact mascara extreme volume and Benefit They're Real, but these are almost twice the price. I change my mascara every 3 months so this is a consideration!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2013 1:32:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

RATING 2.5**.5
Lately, everytime I've been removing my mascara I've been losing lashes. So I bought this in hopes that it's not as toxic. It cost me $18.50 but b/c Body Shop always has deals, I got an eyeliner and an eye shadow for FREE. Lets just say I'm glad I got those items for free as I really do not like this mascara all that much. I've been using their Super Volume one for years (in the dark packaging) so just wanted to try something else. This mascara is OK at best. It took me about 3 generous coats to see any va va voom effect and while I do notice volume, the mascara did not distribute on up evenly to my (or rather on my) long lashes. So most of the product looks like it's stuck at the roots. The formula is not a rich black either. And lastly, my lashes feel dry and brittle and far from "nourished" or soft like it would from Maybelline's Mega Plush for example. This is a perfect example of how price is not everything and also how I got sucked into the pretty packaging. Love Body Shop products and will always re-purchase certain items, just never this paticular mascara again.
UPDATE: Ok, after a week or so it seemed to have applied the way I like, plumped up my lashes and after drying and a whirl with my eyelash curler (I know you're supposed to do it before hand blah blah blah) I got nice curled close knit looking thick lashes. So great for a day look as no va va voom still, but nice lashes non the less.
UPDATE: OPENED DEC 6th 2013 & GARBAGE JAN 17th 2014. Neglected it for a few wks in opt for my many others I love (like CG Lash Blast, Mega Plush, etc) & the formula was UN-usable, totally clumped / gooey up at surface of tube and too much product in the brush. Waste of ner $20 as I used it maybe four times. Never re-purchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by chizzlewizzle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am so unhappy with this product I just had to sign up to review it.
I decided to go for this mascara on a 2 for 3 deal at the BodyShop, so I didn't have to pay full price thankfully. I would NEVER pay the full amount or even buy this product again for that matter.

All the reports about it being clumpy are true. It left rock-solid clumps on my lashes which I could not remover with my makeup remover for days. It was so frustrating not being able to remove this glue-like mascara that I tried to gently ease a clump off one of my lashes with my fingertips which (I suppose rather predictably) resulted in me pulling lashes out. My lashes have not looked so sparse for a long time, they are all falling out.

In addition to this, the clumps seem to fall out into your eyes easily when the wind blows. It is not only annoying and painful having clumps stuck in your eyeball but when you've taken the time to do your makeup before going out its frustrating having to then rub your eye to get the clump out, rubbing your eye makeup off.

I have used this mascara a few times a week for a month and a half and I am fed up. I would have stopped using it sooner but I like to give things a chance/am on a tight budget.

Summary: red eyes, falling eyelashes, very very very very unhappy. Don't but this mascara, the formula is cheap and nasty and the wand is terrible. It does not make your eyelashes big or curvy, it just irritates your eyes. My experience with other mascaras from BodyShop has been OK, I would just steer clear of this one.