Yes To Carrots Yes To Cucumbers - Color Care Daily Makeover Shampoo

3.6

Aqua (Water), Sodium Coceth Sulfate, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Extract*, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Peucedanum Graveolens (Dill) Extract*, Capsicum Annuum (Green Pepper) Extract*, Maris Limus (Silt) Extract, Maris Aqua (Dead Sea Water), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate Peel) Extract*, Brassica Oleracea (Broccoli) Extract*, Parfum (Fragrance), Magnesium Chloride, Algea (Spirulina, Rhodella, Dunaliella) *, Spirulina Maxima Extract*, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Gel, Citric Acid, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Almond) Extract*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil*, Spinacia Oleracea (Spinach) Extract, Benzyl Alcohol, Lactic Acid, Centaurea Cyanus, Beta Vulgaris (Beetroot) Extract*, Simmondsia Chinensis Cera (Jojoba) Extract*, Niacin*, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) *, Ginkgo Biloba Extract*, Panthenol, Dehydroacetic Acid.

on 2/13/2015 3:07:00 PM

I'll start by saying that I have sensitive skin and an especially sensitive scalp, so I'm sure that the extreme reaction that I suffered will not happen to everyone. I was previously using LUSH Godiva shampoo, which was great for my scalp and hair, but I started coloring my hair regularly and the sulfates and salts in LUSH shampoos would surely have stripped my color, so I tried this one out on a whim when it was on clearance on Target. Within 3 washes, my scalp was broken, itchy, and had large patches and scabs. And to make it even worse, my hair was tangled and coming out in clumps when I brushed it. Terrible product.

on 6/30/2013 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use to be a huge Burt's Bees fan, using the entire line body,face and hair care line . . . until I started having skin reactions. Due to health issues, I keep to natural products as much as possible. When I found the Yes To product line, I knew I had to give Yes To Cucumbers shampoo a go. Two words - Love. It. My hair was colored a strawberry blonde (I'm a natural very dirty blonde) when I started with this shampoo (and conditioner) and have progressed to a plum/vibrant red/honey blonde and have never had to worry about fading at any point along the way. My stylist - a hair color guru, if I may say so - is constantly amazed at how my hair holds the color and comments (almost complains) on the incredible health of my hair. With all the trauma I put my hair through to gain the color I want, my hair is the softest, silkiest it has been since my early childhood.

The bottles are large and the very small amount needed to shampoo with tons of lather - which is rare to have with natural products - means a HUGE bang for the buck. The only detractor is in the caps if you happen to purchase a bottle of the older packaging. Sometimes the opening is too small making it difficult to squeeze out. I usually just do a little widening using the end of a metal nail file if need be and it's good to go. I have yet to purchase a bottle in the new packaging currently being rolled out to be able to comment as to the functionality of the caps.

I mix this shampoo with my coconut oil and the results are wonderful. I use a a 1:1 coconut oil to shampoo ratio on my roots and 3:1 oil to shampoo on my length. I have never in my life experienced complete tangle free hair, but now i can go two days without even touching a comb. My hair is very long and naturally straight.

Research coconut oil mixed into shampoo and see for yourself the benefits.:)

on 4/28/2013 11:09:00 PM

Worst shampoo ever, both my daughter and I now have an itchy, dandruffy scalp,I hate it. Also used the face moisturizer and I got blemishes all over, I would never recommend this to anyone.

on 11/26/2012 3:43:00 PM

HG shampoo, for sure. I have been slowly converting to natural products, and this is the best shampoo I have tried that doesn't contain parabens, sulfates, etc. It smells so fresh and clean, not overwhelming at all. My hair must love this stuff. I have really coarse, thick hair that is usually frizzy, but once I started using this shampoo along with the matching conditioner, my hair is smoother and silkier than it has ever been before. It also comes in a nice 16oz bottle, and I only paid $8.99 for it. Definitely will repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

It didn't protect my colour, my blue highlights completely faded and the bleached colour under my pink came out much earlier then expected. It made my hair dry and I have to condition a lot. It made my hair like straw and dried it and washed out my coloured. And, because it dried out hair, it got super oily It might be a good clairifying shampoo.

on 9/13/2012 12:21:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This shampoo is horrible! I have long curly hair with a few highlights at the top. Bought this because I try to use paraben & sls free products as much as possible. Also because it is specialized for color care. All this did was strip the few highlights I have and made my hair feel like straw. I had the color for months and didn't have problems until I started using this. Not for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I didn't really need a new shampoo, I just bought this on a whim more or less, just because I saw it and because I like the Yes To... products in general.
I was not disappointed! I have been trying quite a few different shampoos in the last months, and I think I can say that I like this one most!
It has an absolutely delicious smell (a bit like banana ice cream if that makes any sense haha), you need only a really small amount so the huge bottle will last quite a while.. it doesn't contain petroleum and silicones and still leaves the hair sleek, soft and shiny and very clean in a good way.. so I don't feel the need to use a conditioner at all.
The only thing that confuses me is that on the bottle it says that it's SLS free, but if you have a look at the ingredients, it DOES contain Sodium Laureth Sulfate.
Anyway, I would definitely recommend this shampoo!

on 7/22/2012 6:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have always been someone who changes shampoos every couple of months. But finally it seems like a have found 'the one'. I have repurchase twice already and the bottles are quite large, so that means something.
Why I love this? For some time now, I'd been looking for a more natural shampoo to reduce my ecological footprint. I'm not a hippie who believes all chemicals are bad for you, but the amount we get into the sewer system each day in the name of personal hygiene was weighing on my conscience. Unfortunately, most 'ecological' shampoos left my hair an unmanageable mess. Until I found this one. I don't feel that 'yes to cucumbers' does a lot for my hair colour. But it leaves my hair soft and healthy, and even has an unexpected bonus: it's the first shampoo to really reduce oiliness (I can go two days without washing now) and ... itchy scalp! I had tried different anti-dandruff shampoos in the past but none of those seemed to help. Now I still have some left but it hardly bothers me especially since the itchiness is gone!
Mind you, this is no miracle product: you definitely have to follow up with a good conditioner (the yes to cucumbers conditioner is perfect for daily use) or your hair will be too dry. But for me, it's the best.

on 6/27/2012 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This shampoo is ok. It made my hair kind of soft, but not very shiny. I was using Revlon Outrageous all out shine for colour treated hair before, and after using Yes To Cucumbers, my hair was a lot less shiny.
The smell is so-so. Not particularly nice, but not particularly disgusting, either.
It also made my scalp itch like crazy. I haven't been able to find a natural shampoo that doesn't make my scalp itch.
I will not buy this again.

Popular Shampoos