October 26, 2014 | 926 users online

Shampoo - Yes To Carrots - Yes To Cucumbers - Color Care Daily Makeover Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2013 9:55:00 PM More reviews by denimull

I use to be a huge Burt's Bees fan, using the entire line body,face and hair care line . . . until I started having skin reactions. Due to health issues, I keep to natural products as much as possible. When I found the Yes To product line, I knew I had to give Yes To Cucumbers shampoo a go. Two words - Love. It. My hair was colored a strawberry blonde (I'm a natural very dirty blonde) when I started with this shampoo (and conditioner) and have progressed to a plum/vibrant red/honey blonde and have never had to worry about fading at any point along the way. My stylist - a hair color guru, if I may say so - is constantly amazed at how my hair holds the color and comments (almost complains) on the incredible health of my hair. With all the trauma I put my hair through to gain the color I want, my hair is the softest, silkiest it has been since my early childhood.

The bottles are large and the very small amount needed to shampoo with tons of lather - which is rare to have with natural products - means a HUGE bang for the buck. The only detractor is in the caps if you happen to purchase a bottle of the older packaging. Sometimes the opening is too small making it difficult to squeeze out. I usually just do a little widening using the end of a metal nail file if need be and it's good to go. I have yet to purchase a bottle in the new packaging currently being rolled out to be able to comment as to the functionality of the caps.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2013 10:05:00 PM More reviews by thereisalwayshope

I mix this shampoo with my coconut oil and the results are wonderful. I use a a 1:1 coconut oil to shampoo ratio on my roots and 3:1 oil to shampoo on my length. I have never in my life experienced complete tangle free hair, but now i can go two days without even touching a comb. My hair is very long and naturally straight.

Research coconut oil mixed into shampoo and see for yourself the benefits.:)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by baileygc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Worst shampoo ever, both my daughter and I now have an itchy, dandruffy scalp,I hate it. Also used the face moisturizer and I got blemishes all over, I would never recommend this to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2012 3:43:00 PM More reviews by maggiealisa

HG shampoo, for sure. I have been slowly converting to natural products, and this is the best shampoo I have tried that doesn't contain parabens, sulfates, etc. It smells so fresh and clean, not overwhelming at all. My hair must love this stuff. I have really coarse, thick hair that is usually frizzy, but once I started using this shampoo along with the matching conditioner, my hair is smoother and silkier than it has ever been before. It also comes in a nice 16oz bottle, and I only paid $8.99 for it. Definitely will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2012 1:55:00 PM More reviews by natasha102002

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

It didn't protect my colour, my blue highlights completely faded and the bleached colour under my pink came out much earlier then expected. It made my hair dry and I have to condition a lot. It made my hair like straw and dried it and washed out my coloured. And, because it dried out hair, it got super oily It might be a good clairifying shampoo.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2012 12:21:00 PM More reviews by misanders

This shampoo is horrible! I have long curly hair with a few highlights at the top. Bought this because I try to use paraben & sls free products as much as possible. Also because it is specialized for color care. All this did was strip the few highlights I have and made my hair feel like straw. I had the color for months and didn't have problems until I started using this. Not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2012 7:59:00 AM More reviews by MelissaJuice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I didn't really need a new shampoo, I just bought this on a whim more or less, just because I saw it and because I like the Yes To... products in general.
I was not disappointed! I have been trying quite a few different shampoos in the last months, and I think I can say that I like this one most!
It has an absolutely delicious smell (a bit like banana ice cream if that makes any sense haha), you need only a really small amount so the huge bottle will last quite a while.. it doesn't contain petroleum and silicones and still leaves the hair sleek, soft and shiny and very clean in a good way.. so I don't feel the need to use a conditioner at all.
The only thing that confuses me is that on the bottle it says that it's SLS free, but if you have a look at the ingredients, it DOES contain Sodium Laureth Sulfate.
Anyway, I would definitely recommend this shampoo!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2012 6:53:00 AM More reviews by vloterbiegje

I have always been someone who changes shampoos every couple of months. But finally it seems like a have found 'the one'. I have repurchase twice already and the bottles are quite large, so that means something.
Why I love this? For some time now, I'd been looking for a more natural shampoo to reduce my ecological footprint. I'm not a hippie who believes all chemicals are bad for you, but the amount we get into the sewer system each day in the name of personal hygiene was weighing on my conscience. Unfortunately, most 'ecological' shampoos left my hair an unmanageable mess. Until I found this one. I don't feel that 'yes to cucumbers' does a lot for my hair colour. But it leaves my hair soft and healthy, and even has an unexpected bonus: it's the first shampoo to really reduce oiliness (I can go two days without washing now) and ... itchy scalp! I had tried different anti-dandruff shampoos in the past but none of those seemed to help. Now I still have some left but it hardly bothers me especially since the itchiness is gone!
Mind you, this is no miracle product: you definitely have to follow up with a good conditioner (the yes to cucumbers conditioner is perfect for daily use) or your hair will be too dry. But for me, it's the best.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2012 10:51:00 AM More reviews by autumnsylver

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This shampoo is ok. It made my hair kind of soft, but not very shiny. I was using Revlon Outrageous all out shine for colour treated hair before, and after using Yes To Cucumbers, my hair was a lot less shiny.
The smell is so-so. Not particularly nice, but not particularly disgusting, either.
It also made my scalp itch like crazy. I haven't been able to find a natural shampoo that doesn't make my scalp itch.
I will not buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2012 5:41:00 PM More reviews by reesagirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this after reading some reviews. I have finally determined that my problem child scalp & hair (oily scalp, dry ends and color treated) was also offended by 'cones. I need something cone-free and sulfate-free. I had a coupon, so tried this one out and am very pleased with the results, even with my hard water. Here's how it performed on the items I needed: color care, scalp care and hair condition.

1. color care: my color had started to fade but since I began using this product, has stayed steady with no additional fading.

2. scalp care: the oiliness is somewhat reduced, the itching and clogged follicles have also reduced down dramatically.

3. hair condition: my hair is no drier on the ends than before, and has actually looked and felt better overall and requires less product than before. This shampoo definitely needs a conditioner as it can make hair feel dry and knotty after using, but overall, hair seems to stay in good condition longer.

It is a bit pricey for me, near the $10 range, but the bottle is large and has barely moved in the 3 weeks since I started using it, so a little does go a long way. I also have not had to use a clarifying shampoo since purchasing this either.