December 22, 2014 | 1055 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Earth Science - Hand Body and Massage Lotion

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2013 5:02:00 PM More reviews by tried_em_all

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm highly allergic to fragrances and have skin reactions to silicones, ppg/pegs, fabric softener type ingredients, shea butter, and several other things. I can't even use just regular oils such as almond, olive oil, grapeseed, etc., without some reaction either on my skin or with hay fever type symptoms.

I've been looking for a lotion for years and have suffered through dry skin, and products that irritate, instead of soothe my highly sensitive skin. So many of the products out there rely on silicones as the main ingredient, or fabric softener ingredients, and shea butter is in almost everything. Needless to say, it's been very frustrating.

I have loved the ADE Creamy Cleanser for years, so I was interested to give the lotion a try, but I didn't have high hopes, because while I think that this is really great lotion for some, unfortunately, I did have a reaction on my hands. It's creamy, and goes into my skin beautifully, without feeling greasy or coated. It has silicone at the very bottom of the ingredient list, but that wasn't the problem for me...I'm beginning to think I can't use safflower oil. I think it's worth a try if you're sensitive, because it's a great lotion and I marked that I would buy it again, even though I can't use it. For now, it's back to Whole Foods 365 Fragrance Free, which isn't great, but I don't have any reactions.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2012 11:02:00 AM More reviews by inouerinn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is the best body lotion at any price. i gag in a good way when reading the ingredients.
the texture is quite rich and very moisturizing because the second ingredient is safflower oil. however, it absorbs quickly.
my only complain is that earth science is using clear plastic pump tube rather than opaque ones.
i make sure that that i store this away from light after every use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2010 1:52:00 PM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been searching for a truly great fragrance-free body lotion, and I've finally found it. Earth Science Hand, Body, & Massage Lotion is completely fragrance free and has achieved the perfect balance between rich and light--moisturizing enough even for my hands while still being non-greasy and absorbing quickly. It also has a few antioxidants (vitamins E and C) and skin soothing ingredients (oat extract, allantoin). And it's very well priced at vitacost.com and luckyvitamin.com.
Ingredients: water, safflower oil, glycerin, isopropyl palmitate, glyceryl stearate, stearic acid, jojoba seed oil, cetyl alcohol, tocopherol, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, oat extract, rose hip oil, green algae extract, panthenol, yeast extract, carbomer, ascorbic acid, dimethicone, allantoin, lecithin, sodium hydroxymethylglycinate, phenoxyethanol. continued >>