August 1, 2014 | 1937 users online

Liquid - Gorgeous Cosmetics - Sheer Brilliance Liquid Foundation

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2014 10:31:00 AM More reviews by izzybella

This was great for five minutes, but it soon oxidized into a red mess on my face. I had to quickly go over it with another foundation because I was too lazy to take it all off and reapply something else.

Initially, it seemed to melt perfectly into my skin. It has a nice velvety finish with medium coverage. I wasn't a fan of the smell, which reminded me of men's cologne but maybe they were trying to go for a fresh scent. It was nice before it changed color on me!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2012 4:39:00 AM More reviews by makeupqueen2011

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I tried this foundation during an event makeup booking in store.

It is good coverage and feels good on the skin. I have combination skin with an oily T Zone. I find by lunch time all my oils are coming through and I get shine.

I find it's just a little too expensive.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/11/2012 10:34:00 PM More reviews by hikari001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this foundation from the counter girl and it just didn't work for me. I have combination/oily skin with dry patches around my T-zone. Even though I wasn't color matched to it, this foundation sample blended in nicely with my yellow undertone skin-tone and I like how it feels lightweight on my skin unlike other foundations. The major flaw with this foundation is that it doesn't have any staying power and did nothing to control the oiliness on my face. I usually became oily in just 1-2 hours and this made me oily in about the same time. I admit I didn't use a primer underneath but my Revlon Colorstay could mattify my face for 5-6 hours with no primer. It might work for people with normal and dry skin but I definitely wouldn't recommend this for people with oily skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2012 9:06:00 PM More reviews by denns

I purchased this foundation at IMATS 2012 in Los Angeles, and probably wouldn't have paid full price for it (I believe I bought it for $25, no tax). I had purchased it because the day before I received a sample that I LOVED and had to pick it up. Maybe the samples were older, but the sample I received was a little bit thicker and fuller coverage than the foundation itself was. I still like the foundation, but think its a little odd. Just an FYI for those who may have tried a sample of this.

I wear the color 2N-SB and I'm between an NW20 and NW25. The color matches beautifully, and wears very lightly on my skin. It's somewhere between light and medium coverage - it covers redness very well, and keep my pores filled in/covered up so they're not as noticeable. It's definitely buildable, but you will not get Coverstay or any TRUE full-coverage quality from this foundation. I usually use 2 pumps (pump style bottle, oh yeah!) for my whole face, and then go back with another 1/2 pump or so to cover any extra red spots or pimple-zones that I have. I usually go over any active breakouts as well as my under eye area with concealer. I love that the foundation doesn't "mattify" skin too much, and it gives you a nice dewy, albeit polished, look.

The foundations states its for dry skin (it has Vitamin A & E in it) which I like, because it gives a slightly dewy look (nothing overly shiny). I use coconut oil as a moisturizer, which is SUPER hydrating, so I can't really tell if this hydrates my skin or not. It doesn't accentuate dry patches though, which is good.

Overall, its a decent foundation that I like, although overpriced. If you have dry-ish skin and you're just looking to cover redness without sacrificing your skin's natural glow, I'd say go for it! Especially if you already use a concealer that you love and don't mind going over trouble spots with it. I would not purchase it again however, because I don't love it quite enough to warrant the hefty price tag.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2012 10:54:00 PM More reviews by stephiesaurus

This product smells lovely, provides light to medium coverage and goes on very smoothly. It lasts well throughout the day and covers redness well, giving a natural glow. The packaging is sleek and gorgeous, but my only issue is with the price and that is why I wouldn't buy the product again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2011 9:14:00 AM More reviews by stephyk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Gorgeous are a great, emerging Australian cosmetics company and this foundation is good if you are looking for a light to medium coverage and can afford an expensive brand .I found it lasted well through out the day...putting a loose powder on over the top does help keep it in place.
The smell is amazing but because my skin is very sensitive, and cheeks get very red, I need a fuller coverage. I think this foundation gives a healthy look and looks best applied by a foundation brush.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2010 11:54:00 AM More reviews by cendana

I'm torn about this foundation as well. I initially liked it when I first came across it, however it disappoints me, sadly. I think maybe better off trying out the fuller coverage range.
After few months, the foundation has separated to oil and glob. Even if I shake it, it doesn't make any difference. The foundation doesn't blend well on my face and actually sort of balls up unevenly. I don't know what's wrong, did I get a bad batch? Weird.
Again, the only thing I like about this is the scent and the idea of it and the packaging is alright too. However, me no likey at this point.