Make Up For Ever Double-Ended Sculpting Brush and Case

4.5

on 2/15/2015 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have the new iteration of this brush(es), the 158, and it's my favourite MUFE brush yet. It comes without a case but has super soft synthetic bristles that clean easily, fairly durable, and no shedding after 6 months despite daily spot cleans and biweekly deep cleans. One end is rounded and is perfect, just perfect for blush application. You can also use it to pat in setting powder in the small and sensitive under eye area. The angled end is a bit denser and marvellous for applying contour, especially to the cheeks. It's my go to for this because it applies the pigment smoothly and kind of blends as it goes. You'll want something smaller for nose contour though. The price seemed steep at first but it's basically two brushes in one, it gets daily use and really is a pleasure to use. The only annoyance is drying and storing it in a way that won't harm the bristles and will keep shape. I just lay it flat in front of my brush case but it would do well to have some protective sheaths.

on 6/18/2010 12:45:00 AM

I got this brush at Sephora. One end is a slanted shaping brush to sculpt and the other end is a rounded uplight brush to illuminate. This brush is super soft and I really liked using it. The slanted end is perfect for contouring. It picks up just the right amount of product. HOWEVER... this is a PAIN to wash. I tried so hard not to get any water on the ferrule but I noticed that despite my hard work, it looks like the glue may be breaking down. Although there hasn`t been a lot of shedding going on. So I dunno if maybe I got a bad one or this really was cheaply made but I will go back to Sephora to exchange this for another one.

Popular Makeup Brushes