November 23, 2014 | 1599 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Bamboo Wear Bamboo Silk Face Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 1/1/2013 8:19:00 PM More reviews by tsurikichi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I expected more from this product. First of all, the glitters in the powder show on my face, and makes it look extra shiny. Second, the powder discolors my skin tone. It looks gray and gross and I don't like it. Also, the smell is unpleasant (it smells like sneeze). It's a shame that it comes with the bronzer. I wish I could buy the bronzer and case by itself, because the bronzer is great. I would not buy this product again.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2012 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Peridot07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

What's the point of this product? I bought it in Translucent and it's too sheer to act as a foundation and doesn't help control shine. At first I thought the problem could be with the little brush that comes with it, but I've tried applying it with other tools and got the same result. It's a shame because I love the packaging and other products from the company, but this one is a dud.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by ladyduck

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this powder. I use it almost everyday and for the most part, it controls my combination oily skin. One thing I don't like is the way it smells though (I can't stand it when products have a noticeable unpleasant smell). But I will buy this again because I think it works well and the packaging is super cute! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2011 12:57:00 AM More reviews by Strawberryblonde3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I really liked the case, however I hated the brush. It has light natural coverage and it doesn't cause me to break out. As other people have said unfortunately it smells bad (though I wouldn't buy something with fragrance in it either) though I don't notice it once wearing it. My biggest problem with this is it does nothing for oil or shine which is kind of the main reason to use powder......

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2011 9:58:00 AM More reviews by Rachael22

My oily skin makes me a mostly powder user, and in the summertime I don't ever use foundation. I loved the concept of this product, and I got the powder with the compact in it as a bonus gift so I only spent like $9. The brush is useless, don't even bother. It is hard to get on a brush at all, so you should use a decently large powder brush and really brush into it, and then you'll get enough product to apply. Most people will think that's a negative but this product lasts forever. I think it makes my skin look good. It makes me look glowy without looking shimmery at all, which amazes me. It doesn't have great coverage, I think it's more of a setting powder. But it does even out my skin tone. Overall I wish it was more of a foundation powder, but that's not what it is and it's not how it's advertised, so I'm ok with it. It doesn't smell (to me anyway) and it doesn't make me break out, and it makes my skin look natural. It doesn't get chalky, it doesn't pool in oily spots, and when I wear it no one can tell I'm wearing anything. I think I'd like to try the PF organic powder, my choices are limited since i switched over to all natural products but this is a decent powder, I'm just not sure I'll buy again since I'm looking for more coverage.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2011 6:29:00 PM More reviews by DCookiemonster25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use this as my setting powder over my true match liquid foundation and I really like it. It is a light veil that doesn't overwhelm my face. The packaging is adorable and I love the compact.

EDIT****
I have dry skin and have been trying to figure out why the past two months my skin looks soooo oily and shiney like i dunked my face in oil. I couldnt figure it out, but it only happened when I was wearing makeup and it would be shiney within an hour of application. I finally figured it out and it is this product. When I looked closely at the powder it had shimmer in it, I do not know why you would want a face powder with shimmer, isnt the point to mattify the face...it might just be the color I picked but horrible. I have it in light translucent.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2011 3:17:00 PM More reviews by thewidowpicard

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is a very good setting powder. The price is good if you don't spend extra on the case or brush they suggest with it. If you purchased those too It would be a 15 dollar powder versus the 5 if you just keep it in the plastic case. It's a very thin veil and not chalky at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2011 7:15:00 PM More reviews by senoritadurazno

one word: SMELLY! :(

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2011 10:19:00 PM More reviews by kmbeauty86

I find that this powder is just okay. I bought it on clearance, so I'm really not out much but I feel that the packaging is kind of gimicky with the bamboo case, and I could see how it would be easy to buy a refill on accident and be stuck without a case.

However, as for the powder, it works okay for me but I've tried better from the drugstore. Unlike other reviews here, I didn't notice a smell with mine, but it is not a matte powder and has a certain glow to it. It's not exactly glittery, but has this sheen to it. When on the skin, it looks natural but at the same time it really doesn't have any coverage. I use this as a setting powder, and it works well for controlling any oil (I don't have super oily skin though) but if you are looking for a powder foundation this will not do the trick. I wouldn't buy it again because there are better powders out there. This one is very basic and doesn't really do much.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2011 9:35:00 PM More reviews by diamond97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This has no coverage. It doesn't even work as a blotting powder. And it has a strange (read: bad) smell that won't go away once on the skin. It's too bad we can't give a 0 rating.