September 1, 2014 | 1499 users online

Fragrances - Thierry Mugler - Womanity

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2014 7:21:00 AM More reviews by snkatha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Black

This perfume is really strange in a good way! It's an aquatic fresh perfume but what makes me like it is the saltiness you get. It's savory & this savory quality tones down the aquatic bit and makes me think of sweaty, clean skin. It's like you sprayed yourself in the morning with one of those regular colognes that are touted as being an "aquatic" "clean" perfume, went for a jog around the block & your sweat has mingled with the cologne to create this salty tinge, with the slightly metallic tang of a sweaty body. I then get a sweet fig, that is tempered by the salt in this perfume. It manages to be sweet, savory & fresh all at once.It has that "lived in" feel i like in a perfume. The dry down on me brings the sweet fig to the foreground & it loses that salty edge that drew me to it in the opening so it loses a lippy for that. Otherwise, I love this perfume. As with all Thierry Mugler fumes this one has staying power & quite the sillage!
By the way, I can see this perfume being carried off very easily by a guy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2014 12:58:00 PM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a coconuty, scent. That is strong and lasting. If I try and pull apart the notes I can sense spicey ginger, figs, salt, aquatic hints, a smooth base of light powder, vanilla, resins, and a light pepper bite. Some days the ginger/vanilla mix for me replicates the fizzy scent of coca cola, mixed with an aquatic like Davidoff Cool Water, and a helping of spicy ginger oat biscuits (cookies).

So well blended and distinctive, it reminds me of a higher end concoction! It could be described as "accessible" but this is no negative, its very well done and I really appreciate its not too hard to get.

Comes in an amazing quality bottle that you can buy refills for if you get the refillable ones that unscrew the top. I like this concept as you can always keep the original actual bottle someone gave you if you want. You never have to throw away or run out of perfume, just refill it! I like to think this keeps all the memories of the person who brought it for you or time you brought it intact with the bottle. I brought this blind because of the good price and the refillable bottle thinking if I didn't like it I could always put another perfume in it, but ended up really liking it.

Love the contrast of warm, spicy and fresh elements, each stands out individually yet seamlessly fits together. My only warning is, as with all aquatic and sharp peppery notes, it can be headache inducing to some people especially in warmer weather. I wear weekends, not for the office or enclosed spaces like a movie theatre or cafe. On occaison it bothers me or a sensitive friend is coming over I simply wash it off.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2014 12:46:00 PM More reviews by Geerat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This perfume is extremely unique and smells very "wood" like.
I agree with other reviews that it is a mysterious scent.
It is very strong like most thierry mugler perfumes, and has great longevity, however it smells much nicer one it has settled!
I prefer this perfume once the bottle has been open for a while and the fragrance has matured.
I don't think i would repurchase this and think it may be more suited to a more mature lady, its too much of a strong and powerful smell for me.
All of muglers perfumes are unique and strong, i'm a regular Alien user and much prefer the floral scent of it!

This perfume would suit a very strong woman, to match the title of the perfume and the strong scent!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2014 11:40:00 AM More reviews by Sherrywijaya

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Oh and he lasting power and strength is very good or maybe too good..might be good or bad,depends

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 12:26:00 AM More reviews by kblimm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Short and sweet: I was shopping at Lowes one day. A nice man stopped me and told me he purposefully walked past me three times so he could smell my perfume. Love how it smells mysterious and unique. I am also a big fan of Angel, and I have worn it for years. I like to alternate between the two of them depending on my mood for the day!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 1:01:00 AM More reviews by robertsmithwillsaveusall

I have been wearing and loving this perfume for quite sometime now so a review is definitely long overdue! I had been on the hunt for my "signature" scent for a long time and often had to settle for mediocre, lovely but not "wow" fragrances in the past. That was until I discovered Thierry Mugler's "Womanity". It was on my holiday in France over a year ago and I had just visited Grasse, the world's capital for perfume making and the memory of beautiful vintage perfume flacons had still remained freshly in my head. When I encountered Womanity, it was the bottle that drew me to smell it. I've never heard of Thierry Mugler until that day. It was love at first sniff. It was just extraordinary. I love how you cannot put your finger on this perfume, it's curiously sweet and unsettling in a seductive way. I was immediately sold. My boyfriend, who had up until that point been smelling countless of perfumes with me for the past year agreed that he loved it too and offered to buy it for me. The staying power of this perfume is perfect. Strong at first and then resting gently on you for the rest of the day as if it is really you emitting this strange and curious scent. This perfume is what I'd imagine a Cure girl would wear; it reminds me of the lyrics "Strange as angels, dancing in the deepest oceans, twisting in the water... you're just like a dream" off my favourite song Just Like Heaven by The Cure. My only gripe is, Womanity is perhaps not the best name for this perfume, I would've called it "Strange as angels" after the Cure song. I just started off my second bottle of this perfume and keep it mostly for weekends as it is too special and sexy for work. Plus I just found the perfect work/day perfume which I will review soon.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by dragongirl26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know how to explain it. I like this, yet I don't like it...
I think it's the fig scent that I really like in it, and maybe not so much the caviar..
I've sprayed it on myself countless times at Macy's. Since I'm such a fan of Angel for Women, I've tried every other Thierry Mugler fragrance that has come out but haven't been a fan of any of them. This one is so unique, though, and it grows on me after I wear it awhile. This would not be a daily use kind of scent for me; I would have to be in the right mood to wear it. It's quite strong, so it should last a long time if used sparingly.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2013 1:13:00 PM More reviews by Rocki

I like a figgy smell, so the SA, showed me this fragrance. At first spray, I liked it a lot, until it hit it's second stage, OMG...horrendous, to me. I was so disappointed, it was a different kind of scent, which I liked, BUT...it was off putting to me. I was making horrible faces, and some people walking by said, "I don't think that's for you." You said it...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by rachelsummers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i absolutely adore this fragrance such a unique and beautiful smelling fragrance just like all the Thierry Mugler scents

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2013 9:15:00 AM More reviews by marylizette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love, love, love...different, fresh, sophisticated. Its unique and wonderful.