August 20, 2014 | 1114 users online

Lipstick - BeneFit Cosmetics - Silky-Finish Lipstick in Make Nice

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2012 7:28:00 PM More reviews by AmyNicola

I love the packaging of this lipstick. It is so pretty but apart from that I don't like it at all. It doesn't last any longer than about 30 minutes (if I have class lasting an hour I will defintely need to reapply it when I come out!). Although the glitter isn't so bad I have noticed it before but I don't mind it. The texture feels lovely but if it doesn't stay on your lips why bother applying it at all? I wouldn't recommend this lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2011 5:23:00 PM More reviews by arissamay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A nice neutral lipstick with a gloss feel on the lips. It doesn't dry out the lips, but it does manage to somehow evaporate fairly quickly. That has never really bothered me, though, because the neutral color makes it really easy to throw on throughout the day without a mirror. I haven't experienced the glitter remnants, probably because the glitter is very tiny- sort of like a shimmer. It's definitely a more casual and understated look unless blended with other darker lipsticks, but for me it's a safe bet that I can always throw in my purse that will go with anything and never leave color on my teeth!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2011 12:24:00 PM More reviews by foofyjen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was the first time I bought a benefit lipstick and I really love the texture. It is so luscious on my lips and keeps them moist. I love this color! It is great for my complexion, being fair skinned and blonde. The glitter does not bother me too much, but then again, I use my Burts Bees honey lip balm before I apply my lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2011 6:22:00 AM More reviews by Daisy100

oh goodness! i have never ever ever found a more beautiful lipstick color in my life and i have been buying a lipstick a week at least for the last hundred years---its a wam pink. makes an incredibile feature of my mourth, makes my lips look much bigger is unbelievably sexy and pretty HOWEVER the sparkles!!! the D*MN sparkles!!!! D*MN !!! they just ruin everything.BUT unlike the reviewer below i found that the sparkles disappear and im left with a beauitful long lasting stain. im going to try and find a company who copies lipsticks and get this made without sparkles. oh and beauitful soft creamy texture. buy it if you like sparkles. im a mac n5

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2010 4:50:00 AM More reviews by AndieHeartsMAC

I have several of Benefit's lipsticks,and while the lasting power is poor, the formulas feel great on the lips. They seem like a lipstick - gloss hybrid in a convient package.

When I first put Make Nice on my lips is went on smoothly like the other colors, and was a nice flattering nude with shimmer on my pigmented lips. This, like the other colors, wore off quickly in under 2 hours (I have pretty low expectations for lipstick stay time). There was just one problem.....

The glitter.

While the color was all gone, my lips were coated in glitter. Luckily the glitter is fine and non gritty, but for an adult woman to be walking around with glitter all over her lips... not good. The glitter also seemed to migrate all over my face. I had the fine glitter on my cheeks, chin and upper lip. I have no idea how that happened, but it did, on multiple occasions.

I would recommend the cream type of the Silky Finish l/s for those who like rather natural colors that feel great on, but don't really care about having to reapply often. The pearl colors? I wouldn't really recommend them to anyone.