August 30, 2014 | 1788 users online

Fragrances - Coty - SJP NYC Sarah Jessica Parker

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2014 8:29:00 PM More reviews by Stylemummy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a lovely, everyday perfume. Great price (only $20AUD). It doesn't give me headaches which is a huge bonus! I have just purchased my second bottle, so that says a lot about how great this perfume is as I rarely finish a bottle of perfume, let alone repurchase the same one! My 15 year old daughter wears it too and loves it. Highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2014 10:41:00 AM More reviews by Lybarra118

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really enjoy this perfume. I've had it for two years and usually only wear it in the spring because of its slightly heavy white floral base. The top and middle notes are very sweet to me, like strawberries, peaches and mandarin, but mixed with the floral, it's very pleasing and not cloying. I love it! So does my husband. Now, if I'm outside on a very hot day, the gardenia tends to become *way* too sharp and can give me a headache. I have to know exactly what I'm doing for the day before I decide to wear this.

For me, SJP NYC is lovely to wear to work, an inside day event, or even on a cool day. I don't get anything creamy or powdery out of this perfume, but that's a nice change - as of late, every perfume I've bought has a powder or cream base to it.
NYC (edt) also lasts a very long time on my skin and, because of the white floral, I have to use it sparingly.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by dreamsXthatXglitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Smells very similar to beyonces heat rush very fruity/peachy sweet smell n defo a spring/summer scent

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2013 5:05:00 AM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like the container, then again, I like different. I've been to the City too many times to count in my lifetime. SJP NYC's container is tawdry, flashy and meretricious, just like parts of Manhattan can be. But the point of the design was that it was supposed to be whimsical after her character from Sex and The City. The colors were what attracted me to to pick it up and spray it on the first time. And that's all I'll say about the packaging. Because what's inside is completely different.
Immediately it's a creamy vanilla with a boozy rum feel. There's a bit of saltiness, sweet fruits like strawberry and mandarin orange, sugary mimose and honeysuckle, then fruity notes. I get that melted butter over popcorn scent like I do with Juicy Couture and it just smells so good.
This is not overpowering, just light and comfortable and pleasing. Forever Red by BBW also pops into mind as a similar scent but SJP NYC is much more natural. This sits close and is good year round. My only concerns are to the lightness of the fragrance. Altho it's heavy on the skin with its boozy-like aroma, you have to actually sniff your arm to catch the scent. So if you want something that won't leave a trail, that's hard for others to smell unless they're directly in your air space, then this is your perfume.
Lasts for a decent amount of time and great for day wear.
Normally, I stay away from any scent that has is known for its fruits, but the vanilla and the bay rum mix so well instead that they aren't cloying or super-sweet. In fact, the way this perfume has been put together, it's more of a wearable, mature blend. Inhale the rum and enjoy it. It's a bit of deepness that sits with this scent. Just like the whimsical, flirty sweetness. They play off each other very well if you take the time to appreciate their playing.
Top Notes: Osmanthus, Wild Strawberry, Italian Mandariin.
Middle Notes: Gardenia, Honeysuckle, Mimose, Rose.
Base Notes: Sandalwood, Vanille, Rum, White Musk.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2012 12:51:00 AM More reviews by joey_s

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great light, warm-weather scent for a very girly-girl. Youthful, pretty and sweet. If this is supposed to remind one of NYC, It would have to be going on a picnic in Central Park wearing a pink cotton sundress and a big hat. Doesn't last long but fun to take along and re-spritz. I adore SJP and this fragrance as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2011 1:57:00 PM More reviews by frenchconnection

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not sure why I stopped briefy in Sephora and decided to pick up the butt-ugly bottle of this stuff and give it a sniff. Well, I'm glad I did. I like fruity scents, and this one fits the bill. At first I smell lots of strawberry. And when I say lots, I really mean lots. After a bit, the strawberry mellows out and becomes much more rounded. I find it fresh and modern, and I get compliments on it all the time. It does not last long and reapplication is necessary throughout the day. Longevity and packaging are my only complaints. Will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2011 6:15:00 AM More reviews by brownie_953

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Wow! This is a strong, sweet, citrusy, boozy scent! If you enjoy that, you'll dig NYC by Sarah Jessica Parker. However I don't enjoy it.

Amongst its noteszthe mandarin, strawberries, gardenia, vanilla and rum really drive this fragrance. From the top notes right to the base notes it remains strong on the skin with simply too much sillage for my taste.

This was a Christmas present, so what can one do. I'll be giving it to a friend who likes the colorful bottle (which is suppose to represent Sarah's bedroom closet).

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2010 10:49:00 PM More reviews by didirath

I love this perfume SO much . Its not nearly as expensive as other perfumes, but it smells amazing . I note a strawberry scent. Everytime i smell it , i wanna dance around <3 . BUY IT , the only problem is the ugly packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2010 10:56:00 AM More reviews by SadAng3l

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this scent. I think it smells very sweet and has a definite strawberry note to it. Personally I think it smells almost the same as Nina by Nina Ricci which I also own and love but the only difference is that this one is cheaper.

I think its a very nice fragrance but the packaging could be better. I still really like it though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2010 6:08:00 PM More reviews by rosbergs3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a fun, playful little scent. Straight up starwberries and cream. Later on, after its been on the skin for a while, it takes on a nice hairspray kind of scent. I dont mean that in a negative way though. You know how some womens hairspray just smells really good? Well that is how Sarah Jessica Parker's NYC smells to me.