Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Trio - Walking on Eggshells

Price: $

Price: $

Great shadow pallette and so cheap! The colors are nice and creamy and have a very satiny texture to them. My favorite is the bottom shade, which is great for every day wear. Perfect to dress up or just to wear to work. Great staying power too!

on 9/28/2015 5:20:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I stumbled upon this trio at a drugstore about 6 years ago while looking for a wearable pink eyeshadow, and I've had this product in my kit ever since. I even wore it at my wedding a few months ago, while going for a romantic look.
The packaging isn't anything to get excited about, although I've never had the clear lid break off, so it seems sturdy enough. The top "browbone" color is an eggshell/champagne, and the "crease" middle shadow is a soft brown/bronze. The real star of this trio is the "eyelid" shadow, a soft rosy pink with just a touch of taupe that helps it to read as a nude or natural instead of veering into obvious pink territory. All three shadows have a similar silky feel and are wonderfully buildable with good color payoff. They are all pearlescent. The three shades work well together, although often I'll wear either the brown or the pink alone on the lid. Overall a great product and I would pay way more for these shadows than they're actually charging!

on 9/28/2015 4:31:00 PM

LOVE this palette. In Holland you can only buy this brand online in a specialized make up webshop. Shortly after I bought this, I ordered a second one..just in case they might discontinue it. The colours are very flattering and pigmented. The quality is as good as (or even better than) the high end shadows I own. Since it only costs €5,95 I'd say this is EXCELLENT value for money. I will repurchase over and over.

on 9/24/2015 12:11:00 PM

I never knew what a buttery eyeshadow was until i purchased this little drug store gem. (I got this at Walgreens BOGO 50%, i also bought Sweet as Candy, but haven't used it yet) I've seen it talked about on the boards, YT's and blogs.

The packaging is cheap and annoying to open but i do love that it comes with TWO applicators, great to use if you wanted to touch up throughout the day or if you were traveling.

the color payoff is impressive, really made me brown eyes pop. Its so versatile, you can create so many looks with these three shades. The colors are so easy to blend.

for reference I used Miliani eyeshadow primer and NYX jumbo pencil in Milk as a base. Lasted all day, no creasing.

I'm sad i waited to so long to pick this up! Can't wait to try more of the trio's

on 9/19/2015 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This palette is almost perfect. I wish I could get rid of the middle crease shade as I never touch brown eye shadows. It just does nothing to compliment my coloring. I'm blonde, green eyed, and very pale (neutral leaning yellow). Other than that though... I don't have a single complaint. Wet n Wild makes AMAZING eye shadows. I find them comparable to Urban Decay in terms of pigmentation and (buttery) texture.

I absolutely love the lid shade. It is a medium champagne beige color. This shade is perfect for making my green eyes pop - without looking overdone/clown-y on my pale skin. I wouldn't limit it to pale skin nor green eyes though. The champagne color is a pretty universal shade and would flatter many eye/skin combos. It reminds me of one of my favorite Too Faced eye shadows - Silk Teddy. I own Silk Teddy in the TF Natural Eye palette. In all honesty I think I love them equally. Both are wonderful.

The highlighter shade is nice, too. It's a light cream color. There's nothing wrong with it whatsoever but I find myself only bothering with it if I'm adding in a crease color too. The brow color (highlighter) definitely completes an eye look.

I will force myself to use the crease color from this trio next time I'm sporting a spray tan. For the record I've repurchased Walking On Eggshells several times since 2008. The lid color is worth it to me to buy another even if i didn't touch the other two as much. But at $3, who cares.

on 9/19/2015 6:12:00 PM

Wow! This is a great drugstore gem! This is even better than the Cover Girl 3 kit eyeshadow in Shimmering Sands and it's cheaper too!

This is a great option if you want a natural eye look. All three colors work great together.

This will be my HG drugstore eyeshadow from now on.

Kudos to Wet n' Wild for knocking this one outta the ball park!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

At 33 years old, I am re-learning how to apply makeup properly by watching various Youtube MUAs. This trio of eyeshadows comes highly recommended by many MUAs and makeup junkies. I was excited to find this trio at my local Walgreens and got it on sale for around $1.99. I ADORE this trio, here are some specifics:

PRICE: I believe the normal price range for these is around $2.99. These are worth every penny if not more! These trios often go on sale (at least at my Walgreens), and I have seen Wet N Wild coupons before too.

PACKAGING: Standard WnW plastic packaging- a bit on the chintzy side, but no complaints here since the price is FAB. The trio comes with a spongetip and mini brush. There is no mirror, but again, the price is FAB!

FORMULA: These shadows are buttery and finely milled with very high pigmentation. A little goes a long way with these. All three colors have this same gorgeous consistancy and seem to good to be drugstore. Since they are highly pigmented, it is wise to tap the excess of your brush prior to applying to avoid fallout.

COLOR: The pink eyelid color is SO soft and frosty and creates an angelic look. I have brown eyes so this color really contrasts nicely and has a great brightening effect. The brown crease color is perfectly paired with the pink eyelid color. I have used this color as recommended- lightly in the crease and it creates a natural depth and contour without looking too dramatic. The ivory browbone color is indeed a great highlight for the browbone or inner corner, but can also stand on its own. I have used just this color on my entire lid to create a wide-awake, doe eyed, angelic look.

This trio is great for everyday use and it seems it would work great for ALL skin tones/eye colors. FABULOUS!

on 7/26/2015 2:53:00 AM

This was my first eye-shadow pallet from wet n wild and I absolutely loved it.

I love neutrals and all the three colours complement each other very well. Only that the you need a primer to make it long lasting especially the lightest one as it be a little chalky.

On my travels I also use the brown shade to do my contouring.

on 7/25/2015 11:28:00 PM

-Very smooth and buttery

-Fall out is minimal (But there is some)

-Buildable pigmentation

-Eyelid shade may look frosty

-The shimmer may not be everyones cup of tea

-Package would break easily

I would recommend wearing a primer to get the best results. :) It is fairly long wearing and average pigmentation on bare skin. Overall, I really like this trio and would repurchase. For me, it would be awesome if there was a matte version.

4.5/5 Stars

on 7/24/2015 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had always avoided Wet and Wild products because I remember them as being pretty cheap and terrible as a teen in the late 80's/early 90's. I saw some online reviews of people raving about the Wet & Wild eye shadows so I thought I'd try them out while Walgreens has them on sale buy one get one half price.

I was really pleasantly surprised by these palettes! The quality is amazing, colors are beautiful, and the price can't be beat! I have the Comfort Zone palette, Walking on Eggshells trio, and the Don't Steal My Thunder trio. The Walking on Eggshells is a very soft, neutral color palette that is perfect for every day wear. They are super pigmented and easy to blend. I use these shadows with the Fergie Wet & Wild primer and they last all day. They look almost the same at the end of the day as when I put them on in the morning.

By all means try these palettes! They're so cheap that even if you don't like one or two of the colors you're still getting a great deal!