September 2, 2014 | 1938 users online

Lipstick - Lancome - L'Absolu Rogue Smoky Rogue

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2010 9:51:00 AM More reviews by ladymoonlight

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great lipstick, so soft and smooth and at the same time long lasting. The colour I have (150, Rouge Odysee) is extremely feminine and daring. The downside is that the colour runs and you need a lip pencil to line your lips

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2010 5:55:00 PM More reviews by uberboi1989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lipstick is a brick-redish color and absolutely flatters my NC35 complexion. The color is far from cartoonish, and the dark tint gives it a mysterious, sophisticated feel.

The lasting power was unparalleled- I applied this baby and went clubbing. After having 3 or so drinks, it looked like it barely strayed. Of course I applied a bit more (not carrying a lippie when going out is almost a sin in my book), and maintained a sleek, sexy look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2010 4:23:00 PM More reviews by rebemdee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Looks very red in the case, but on it's more of a deep pinkish red. The formula is creamy, no shimmer, and it has SPF 12 and pro-xylane. It isn't RED red, you'll be disappointed if you are looking for that pin-up girl or brick red look. On the Lancome website, it's listed under pink/berry, not coral/red. I was on the fence about it, but after wearing it for awhile, I think it suits me, as I'm a bit older and super dramatic red lipstick isn't really my thing. It's a bright pop of color without being overdone. It definitely needs to be used with lipliner, I didn't put any on and it's already bleeding all over. For 29 bucks, it is not cheap, so perhaps you can find a less expensive product that's similar, but if you want to indulge, this is a very nice lipstick. I did get a whiff of the Lancome smell and taste that people refer to regarding the lipstick, and while it's a bit unpleasant and plasticky, it doesn't last long. It doesn't taste good, but then again, one shouldn't eat lipstick. I do like the magnetic closure, it makes the case a bit bulky, but that lid isn't going anywhere. Kate Winslet, in the photo, is wearing this color, but it looks more red on her. Don't be fooled, it really is pink.
Edited: I've worn this a few times now, the staying power is magnificent, especially with a lip liner underneath. I need touchups after eating lunch, or after wearing for hours, but I still have color on my lips hours after I get home after work. I did notice a few sparkly bits in it, but very understated and not glittery or shimmery.