April 16, 2014 | 1417 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - 6 Piece Eye Brush Set (5 brushes + case)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2014 3:07:00 AM More reviews by mizlyn02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Great set for a great price! For those who need brushes that are just starting out, use Ecotools. Don't really have to jump start in the high end brand brushes. That's what I did lol. These brushes are just fine :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2014 3:14:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaJo19

Before I got this set, the only eye brushes I had and used were the brushes that came with the UD Naked 1-3 palettes and the Eco tools shadow brush(long handle). I love the shadow brush but the UD blending brushes weren't cutting it! I am in love with the two blending brushes in this set. I use the petite shading brush to apply the crease colors and blend, and then go over and blend more with the angles brush. I don't use the other brushes much, because the large eye brush is a bit large and I prefer the other brush that's not included in this kit for applying shadow. I use one of the double ended brushes to apply black shadow in the crease and pat it on then blend with the two other brushes. These brushes are so soft and worth more than what you pay for!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by englande

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am just starting out with using brushes for my eye makeup, so from my previous experience (which is hardly any) these seem alright. They are much softer than cheaper brushes I've bought and they do blend well, although I wish they picked up a bit more product. They don't scratch and I like that they come labeled with their uses. This is so helpful for a newb! I couldn't ever achieve the look I wanted with my shadows until I bought these. I do basic stuff, but it really helps with the application and now I'm not so afraid of trying different looks. It actually looks decent on me! Tools really do matter. For now, I will use these until I feel like I am more experienced and can gain use out of higher-end brushes. These are great for beginners. I haven't had any problems cleaning them and I use Philosophy's Purity foaming cleanser (which is actually for the face, but is excellent on brushes too).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2014 8:54:00 PM More reviews by graceybaby8

Ecotools were the brushes i loved before I found real techniques. I love how soft these brushes are - which sometimes makes it hard for me to apply my eyeshadow because the soft bristles doesn't pick up enough eyeshadow. I like that they're easy to travel with because they're half the size of a regular ecotools brush. These brushes are about $18 CDN.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by AccioPretty

I think this brushes are amazing for their price! I wanted a cheap set of eye brushes because I am just starting to experiment with eye make up and I find them to be super handy because they have their name engraved on the handle. I have cleaned them twice with the oil and dish soap method, and they are still in perfect shape. Yes, they do are really small, but I have small hands so I have no problem, and I find their size to be perfect for traveling ( they even have a little bag in the package to store them). Over all, I think it's great value, but I wouldn't buy them again, because I plan on buying a full size set by the time they start to shed.

-Perfect size for travel.
-Really cheap.
-Good set for begginers.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2014 12:40:00 AM More reviews by sarah_417

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The brushes are worth about what they cost (very little) The real techniques brushes are a better option at this price range. One wash and these brushes are trash, they get scratchy, frayed, and do not keep their shape. (I wash with MAC brush cleaner)

What really irritates me is the Eco-friendly claims. First off, that giant plastic package they come in, really? Bamboo is not a green material. Here's a quick over view of why:

Bamboo is only renewable if it's properly maintained, and the fertilizers, pesticides and clear-cutting that has become more common to keep up with the demand for bamboo has made it less than an eco champion. There's also the cost of transportation, as well as the cheaper bamboo that has popped up on the market, which is not only less durable but also use formaldehyde emitting finishes.

The manufacturer claims it is green because it grows so quickly compared to wood. Most bamboo is manufactured in some of the worlds most pollution filled countries, with minimal laws on the chemicals that can be used and dumped. Properly maintained and harvested forests are much better for the environment.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 10:12:00 AM More reviews by MikeyLauren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like these brushes! I tend to like smaller brushes for doing the whole lid instead of the big fluffy ones and this set has a great mix of both. I use the fluffy ones for blending and these brushes work well with my high end eyeshadow and my cheapies! I agree with some reviewers that these brushes can vary greatly from package to package but just examine a few sets at the store and pick the one that looks the best. I picked a set with smaller brushes intentionally while there were other sets with more fluffy brushes. These brushes were a great price and you can often find coupons online for Ecotools brushes to save even more. These brushes are everything I wanted and they are worth trying before turning to a more expensive brand. On a side note, I had also tried the E.L.F. brand brushes and I like Ecotools much better. There's less fall out and the brushes are denser to hold shadow better.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 1:44:00 PM More reviews by aqualeks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Great quality, extremely soft, durable, long lasting, and as good as high end brushes, if not better!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2013 3:13:00 AM More reviews by UbiquityEssence

Love this kit! I have had this for four years now. I like small brushes that I can easily put into my makeup bag. I predominantly only use the highlight brush and smudge brush. I normally only use four brushes daily and they my Eco Tools highlight and smudge brush, sephora eyeshadow brush, and Urban decay's karma brush from the Naked 1 palette.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by asianpandaloves

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

An amazing eye brush set for beginners. I got the one with just the brushes in a pouch because my Target didn't have the one with a case. <:1
Pros:
- SUPER SOFT! :)
- Never seem to shed.
- The bamboo is really nice and makes it an easy grip.
- The brushes are travel-size, which was perfect for my small lid space.
Cons:
None! :)
I found uses for ALL the brushes, in case you have trouble finding something to do about the two larger brushes.
Large eye brush - It's great for applying a nude powder base all over the lid. In some cases when I have less time to get ready and can't use my fingers, I use it to blend my concealer (I use very little concealer, so it's not time consuming). The large brush makes it good for blending harsh crease shadows softly above my crease.
Angled crease brush - WAAY too big for my crease. I use this to blend harsh crease lines as well, and the shape's also good if you want to just have the shadow in the crease area and not above.
Highlighting brush - Great for blending. It's not super fluffy, but it gets the job done. It also does what it's supposed to be used for well--highlighting. Gives precise application to my brow bone area.
Petite eye shading brush - For my small lid space, it's perfect for depositing eyeshadows. Also good for REALLY precise brow bone highlight.
Smudge brush - Awesome for lining my bottom lashline and of course, smudging. If you want a subtle eyeliner look, use this brush to softly line the upper lashline. You can also use this for inner corner highlighting. :)
The pouch is also helpful if you want to bring along some makeup for touching up at school or work. I highly recommend this to anyone who just needs a cheaper alternative to high-end brushes (but still nearly have the same quality). It's great for traveling, too. :D I will DEFINITELY be repurchasing this when they start to get old...which is probably a long time from now since every time I use them, the more they stay just as new! (Oh, also I recommend washing these every few days or weekly.)