September 30, 2014 | 1744 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - 6 Piece Eye Brush Set (5 brushes,1 case)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2014 7:31:00 AM More reviews by Sk8ter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

The brushes hardly pickup any eyeshadow. I have to keep apply same spot again and again, still the result look more fade than I apply same eye shadow with my finger once.

Other pros: They are very cheap and also soft.
I think they might be great for beginners in make up because you can never apply to much. Moreover if you apply the wrong spot, you can barely see the mistake due to the fading effect.

If the brushes pick up more product,i would rate this 4 stars.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2014 9:26:00 AM More reviews by Vonne092

I bought these brushes as a cheap alternative to the sigma brush set I am lusting over, at only $10AUD they were a steal. Although the actual bristle quality is lovely, I am overall disappointed with this product.

First off, when they say travel size (and they do, in super small print on the case) they really mean it. These brushes are tiny. I thought it would be fine, however I was not prepared for just how small they are. I like to store my brushes in a pen cup for ease of access - and I can't even see them in it!

As for application I find myself only using three of the five brushes. The pencil brush is great for sculpting the brows, the flat brush for eyeshadow application, and the blender which is barely adequate.

Pros:
- Price, they are very affordable.
- Soft bristles.
- Eco friendly, made from synthetic hair and recycled products.

Cons:
- Teeny tiny little handles
- Three of the brushes have very little variation between them.
- Does seem to lose a lot of the product before it even hits your face.

Overall I would not recommend these brushes for someone looking for dabbling in more advanced makeup looks, or who reaches for a variety of brushes in their daily use.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by fairbrownblue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I found these on MUA when I had to toss all of my brushes and eye make up because of an eye infection. I needed a replacement set and do not want to spend a lot of money it. After trying a terrible sephora selection fro twice the price I found these, thanks to MUA. They are very reasonably priced and a very good selection. The bristles are soft, handles sturdy. One lippy off of packaging because the "case" should not count as part of the set!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2014 3:07:00 AM More reviews by mizlyn02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Great set for a great price! For those who need brushes that are just starting out, use Ecotools. Don't really have to jump start in the high end brand brushes. That's what I did lol. These brushes are just fine :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2014 3:14:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaJo19

Before I got this set, the only eye brushes I had and used were the brushes that came with the UD Naked 1-3 palettes and the Eco tools shadow brush(long handle). I love the shadow brush but the UD blending brushes weren't cutting it! I am in love with the two blending brushes in this set. I use the petite shading brush to apply the crease colors and blend, and then go over and blend more with the angles brush. I don't use the other brushes much, because the large eye brush is a bit large and I prefer the other brush that's not included in this kit for applying shadow. I use one of the double ended brushes to apply black shadow in the crease and pat it on then blend with the two other brushes. These brushes are so soft and worth more than what you pay for!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by englande

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am just starting out with using brushes for my eye makeup, so from my previous experience (which is hardly any) these seem alright. They are much softer than cheaper brushes I've bought and they do blend well, although I wish they picked up a bit more product. They don't scratch and I like that they come labeled with their uses. This is so helpful for a newb! I couldn't ever achieve the look I wanted with my shadows until I bought these. I do basic stuff, but it really helps with the application and now I'm not so afraid of trying different looks. It actually looks decent on me! Tools really do matter. For now, I will use these until I feel like I am more experienced and can gain use out of higher-end brushes. These are great for beginners. I haven't had any problems cleaning them and I use Philosophy's Purity foaming cleanser (which is actually for the face, but is excellent on brushes too).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2014 8:54:00 PM More reviews by graceybaby8

Ecotools were the brushes i loved before I found real techniques. I love how soft these brushes are - which sometimes makes it hard for me to apply my eyeshadow because the soft bristles doesn't pick up enough eyeshadow. I like that they're easy to travel with because they're half the size of a regular ecotools brush. These brushes are about $18 CDN.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by AccioPretty

I think this brushes are amazing for their price! I wanted a cheap set of eye brushes because I am just starting to experiment with eye make up and I find them to be super handy because they have their name engraved on the handle. I have cleaned them twice with the oil and dish soap method, and they are still in perfect shape. Yes, they do are really small, but I have small hands so I have no problem, and I find their size to be perfect for traveling ( they even have a little bag in the package to store them). Over all, I think it's great value, but I wouldn't buy them again, because I plan on buying a full size set by the time they start to shed.

-Perfect size for travel.
-Really cheap.
-Good set for begginers.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2014 12:40:00 AM More reviews by sarah_417

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The brushes are worth about what they cost (very little) The real techniques brushes are a better option at this price range. One wash and these brushes are trash, they get scratchy, frayed, and do not keep their shape. (I wash with MAC brush cleaner)

What really irritates me is the Eco-friendly claims. First off, that giant plastic package they come in, really? Bamboo is not a green material. Here's a quick over view of why:

Bamboo is only renewable if it's properly maintained, and the fertilizers, pesticides and clear-cutting that has become more common to keep up with the demand for bamboo has made it less than an eco champion. There's also the cost of transportation, as well as the cheaper bamboo that has popped up on the market, which is not only less durable but also use formaldehyde emitting finishes.

The manufacturer claims it is green because it grows so quickly compared to wood. Most bamboo is manufactured in some of the worlds most pollution filled countries, with minimal laws on the chemicals that can be used and dumped. Properly maintained and harvested forests are much better for the environment.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 10:12:00 AM More reviews by MikeyLauren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like these brushes! I tend to like smaller brushes for doing the whole lid instead of the big fluffy ones and this set has a great mix of both. I use the fluffy ones for blending and these brushes work well with my high end eyeshadow and my cheapies! I agree with some reviewers that these brushes can vary greatly from package to package but just examine a few sets at the store and pick the one that looks the best. I picked a set with smaller brushes intentionally while there were other sets with more fluffy brushes. These brushes were a great price and you can often find coupons online for Ecotools brushes to save even more. These brushes are everything I wanted and they are worth trying before turning to a more expensive brand. On a side note, I had also tried the E.L.F. brand brushes and I like Ecotools much better. There's less fall out and the brushes are denser to hold shadow better.