November 26, 2014 | 1792 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - 6 Piece Eye Brush Set (5 brushes,1 case)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by Geekwmakeup

Is it just me or do more expensive eye brushes suck? I have the mac 213 and 217. It's like trying to apply es with a scrub sponge. Most stiff and scratchy bristles ever! Waste of $$!

However, these babies....I've never found a brush soft enough to rub along my waterline, until now (the smudge brush). Hello gorgeous blended liner. Or a small enough lid brush for hooded eyes that is SOFT enough to actually PRESS into your skin without pushing, itching, or pulling too much. Thirdly, the highlight brush is the best blender brush I've found to date. Mac 217 sucks. Urban blender ineffective and not soft enough, even though it's soft. This one is soft and works it's butt off! The other two are kinda big for my eyes, but that's good for base coloring. The angled one could be used for nose contouring, which I tried, even though I don't contour my nose, but it worked!

Anyway, if you need soft brushes and are tired of wasting $$$ you'll get an excellent smudger, lid, and blender brush, which for the price is ridiculous. Yes they're too small to put in my brush holder (which is a glass beer mug) but hey it's has a pouch people. Seriously I was so skeptical, but now I know the truth. Ecotools a makes soft brushes that mac doesn't,

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2014 9:29:00 AM More reviews by Meshmmesha772000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Another brushes hit from Ecotools :) I have a four piece travel set & have had the blush brush , but I gave it away as I didn't like it ..Before writing any reviews about this set , I must tell you first that I live in a country where MU brushes are very rare , usually expensive for their quality and don't exist sometimes ..So buying online is my only option , I bought this set from Amazon and it just fits the bill for me , my most important priority in brushes is blending brushes , I prefer natural hair one but this one even though is synthetic, it does the job nicely ..The brushes are very good priced though of the change rate issue and are very sturdy and good , the only draw is their size, a bit short for most people , not a biggie for me , I have small hands and though they are short , their head is relatively big for most eyes .. Again ; I have big eyes so no problem for me ..The writing on the handle is mixed up , but we all know how a shaderr brush looks like after all , so no need for instructions ..All in all nice purchase for me :)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2014 7:31:00 AM More reviews by Sk8ter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

The brushes hardly pickup any eyeshadow. I have to keep apply same spot again and again, still the result look more fade than I apply same eye shadow with my finger once.

Other pros: They are very cheap and also soft.
I think they might be great for beginners in make up because you can never apply to much. Moreover if you apply the wrong spot, you can barely see the mistake due to the fading effect.

If the brushes pick up more product,i would rate this 4 stars.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2014 9:26:00 AM More reviews by Vonne092

I bought these brushes as a cheap alternative to the sigma brush set I am lusting over, at only $10AUD they were a steal. Although the actual bristle quality is lovely, I am overall disappointed with this product.

First off, when they say travel size (and they do, in super small print on the case) they really mean it. These brushes are tiny. I thought it would be fine, however I was not prepared for just how small they are. I like to store my brushes in a pen cup for ease of access - and I can't even see them in it!

As for application I find myself only using three of the five brushes. The pencil brush is great for sculpting the brows, the flat brush for eyeshadow application, and the blender which is barely adequate.

Pros:
- Price, they are very affordable.
- Soft bristles.
- Eco friendly, made from synthetic hair and recycled products.

Cons:
- Teeny tiny little handles
- Three of the brushes have very little variation between them.
- Does seem to lose a lot of the product before it even hits your face.

Overall I would not recommend these brushes for someone looking for dabbling in more advanced makeup looks, or who reaches for a variety of brushes in their daily use.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by fairbrownblue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I found these on MUA when I had to toss all of my brushes and eye make up because of an eye infection. I needed a replacement set and do not want to spend a lot of money it. After trying a terrible sephora selection fro twice the price I found these, thanks to MUA. They are very reasonably priced and a very good selection. The bristles are soft, handles sturdy. One lippy off of packaging because the "case" should not count as part of the set!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2014 3:07:00 AM More reviews by mizlyn02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Great set for a great price! For those who need brushes that are just starting out, use Ecotools. Don't really have to jump start in the high end brand brushes. That's what I did lol. These brushes are just fine :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2014 3:14:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaJo19

Before I got this set, the only eye brushes I had and used were the brushes that came with the UD Naked 1-3 palettes and the Eco tools shadow brush(long handle). I love the shadow brush but the UD blending brushes weren't cutting it! I am in love with the two blending brushes in this set. I use the petite shading brush to apply the crease colors and blend, and then go over and blend more with the angles brush. I don't use the other brushes much, because the large eye brush is a bit large and I prefer the other brush that's not included in this kit for applying shadow. I use one of the double ended brushes to apply black shadow in the crease and pat it on then blend with the two other brushes. These brushes are so soft and worth more than what you pay for!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by englande

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am just starting out with using brushes for my eye makeup, so from my previous experience (which is hardly any) these seem alright. They are much softer than cheaper brushes I've bought and they do blend well, although I wish they picked up a bit more product. They don't scratch and I like that they come labeled with their uses. This is so helpful for a newb! I couldn't ever achieve the look I wanted with my shadows until I bought these. I do basic stuff, but it really helps with the application and now I'm not so afraid of trying different looks. It actually looks decent on me! Tools really do matter. For now, I will use these until I feel like I am more experienced and can gain use out of higher-end brushes. These are great for beginners. I haven't had any problems cleaning them and I use Philosophy's Purity foaming cleanser (which is actually for the face, but is excellent on brushes too).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2014 8:54:00 PM More reviews by graceybaby8

Ecotools were the brushes i loved before I found real techniques. I love how soft these brushes are - which sometimes makes it hard for me to apply my eyeshadow because the soft bristles doesn't pick up enough eyeshadow. I like that they're easy to travel with because they're half the size of a regular ecotools brush. These brushes are about $18 CDN.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by AccioPretty

I think this brushes are amazing for their price! I wanted a cheap set of eye brushes because I am just starting to experiment with eye make up and I find them to be super handy because they have their name engraved on the handle. I have cleaned them twice with the oil and dish soap method, and they are still in perfect shape. Yes, they do are really small, but I have small hands so I have no problem, and I find their size to be perfect for traveling ( they even have a little bag in the package to store them). Over all, I think it's great value, but I wouldn't buy them again, because I plan on buying a full size set by the time they start to shed.

-Perfect size for travel.
-Really cheap.