August 21, 2014 | 1947 users online

Eye Shadow - Mary Kay - Mineral Shadow Sweet Plum

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2013 2:15:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My aunt invited me to a Mary Kay party and this was one of the items I purchased. It is a pretty burgandy/plum shade that some say is a dupe for Mac's Sketch Eyeshadow which I never tried. However, this looks great against my brown eyes and gives me an unique smoky eye. It does blend well but a base is required to make it last longer as this started to fade on my oily lids after a couple of hours. You can layer this easily to get the color saturation you want but I found that this had good pigmentation for me. This would look nice blended with black, brown, or navy blue eyeshadow or eyeliner.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2012 2:38:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I caved and bought some Mary Kay products - so now I have to buy the $16 compact to put them in, too. Thank goodness for ebay - I got Sweet Plum mineral eye shadow for $4.00 (including shipping) and it seems OK - a mid-toned purple/eggplant color. Medium pigment - not too dense, not too sheer. Moderate staying power - better if applied wet. Not awful and not spectacular - kinda like MK in general.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2010 8:53:00 AM More reviews by fleabags3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i'm happy with the three mineral shadows i've purchased from Mary Kay.
PROS: colors are great; price is so cheap, goes on easily, blends nicely, seems to stay put for 8hrs/work day. i usually extend this time by sometimes (as needed) using Mac's painterly paint pot underneath(this makes it last untl i take it off)

cons: well, other than MANY drug store brands(all drug store eyeshadows i've tried STINK), i'm only able to compare this to Clinique (MK lasts longer) shadows and MAC (can't beat Mac eyeshadows and pigments) I haven't tried Nars, but its next on my list... I will buy these again and use my makeup money on other fun items :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2010 2:07:00 AM More reviews by Kammers10

ANOTHER pretty color, just not the best on me. A slightly shimmery aubergine/plum tone, ok but not as good as a violet tone. Same complaint about MK mineral shadows-texture/staying power *Sigh*.