Aveeno Positively Nourishing- Refreshing 24 Hour Moisturizer

4.3

on 8/27/2011 6:37:00 PM

This is my first Aveeno product and I totally love it! The scent is great and the lotion itself moisturizes my skin perfectly and leaves it supersoft. One of the best body lotions I EVER puchased! Will definitely repurchase:-).

on 7/7/2011 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

WOW DOES THIS SMELL DELICIOUS! Sweet ripe blueberries. :)

I have my favorite lotion for moisturizing (Curel) but I love the scent of this (found out from a friend) & will be hunting down my own bottle of it.

Light greaseless moisturization, leaves skin comfortable (but not for a long time). The only lotion I've found that moisturizes my skin well for long periods is Curel Itch Defense. But I do like this product & I LOVE how it smells!

5 Lippies from me just for the scent, that is all I care about in this product.

on 9/27/2010 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

i love this stuff. i have it in pomegranate and rosemary, and the smell of very clean and invigorating, and lingers a little bit (in a good way). it was a bit pricy ($11) where i live, but i don't really mind because i really like it. it's moisturizing, but not necessarily for 24 hours - i feel the need to reapply after about 1 hour.

on 9/11/2010 5:55:00 PM

This lotion smells AMAZING but in NO WAY is it moisturizing ! It says 24 hour yet I swear my skins starts to get ashy after half an hour. I wish it was a bit more moisturizing then I would love it more. I'm still going to give it 3 lippies because its the only drugstore I own that smells good.

on 9/4/2010 9:10:00 PM

So far so good. I wasn't sure about buying this because I hated the other Aveeno lotions. I have this one in the Grapefruit+Rosemary fragrance and I really like it. It isn't that noticeable and it makes my skin very smooth. Smells very clean too, which I love.

on 6/14/2010 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is $9.99 at Ulta. I haven't bought this yet (I'm waiting for a coupon & a sale) but I tried it on & I LOVE it! Smells delicious (not overpowering, just a clean, yummy, sort of baby scent). And I love the texture & feeling of it; it's not too thick & greasy but really moisturizes & leaves your skin super soft! Will definitely purchase this soon!

Here's the description on it's website:
"Refreshing fragrances in a formula with Blueberry and Goji Berries awaken your senses and keep you feeling recharged. This breakthrough body lotion goes beyond pampering your skin. Formulated with nourishing ACTIVE NATURALS® Oatmeal, it provides the essential moisture you need for healthier-looking skin today. And, this formula with antioxidants nourishes your skin to keep it healthier-looking tomorrow."

on 6/6/2010 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Generally speaking, when it comes to skincare like moisturizers, i always stick with organic as the majority of the drugstore brands of lotion ceased to impress me: Vaseline's cocoa butter lotion, Nivea's smooth sensation, Olay's purple bottled one, that Aloe one from a separate brand, etc. The only reputable lotion from the drugstore is Ocean Potion's Aloe lotion, other than that they're usually not amazing.

I bought this because I know that Aveeno is supposed to be a gentle brand, the packaging was appealing (sleek with a pump and light blue all over), and it read BLUEBERRY (love blueberries) goji on the cover. The advertising "refreshing, positively nourishing, 24-hour body moisturizer, luxurious soft smooth skin" didn't get me at all, as they go overboard with the claims and adjectives, as most drugstore/department brands do.

I was disappointed. It was not money well spent, as I barely make use to this comparatively to my Mi Voga Acai lotion (which is organic) and simply divine.

Pros:

1. easy to buy at Target, cheap price

2. beautiful packaging (perhaps its strongest point)

3. very nice light scent (although when you put it straight to your face, you can smell the chemicals).

Cons:

1. Isn't organic

2. Isn't superbly moisturizing like it claims

3. It smells like chemicals (as i put my arm over my eyes when i sleep, and that's all i could smell)

4. No difference in my skin texture the next day

5. Still feeling a little greasy after it sinks in

Would I buy again?... No, I will get enough of the beautiful packaging sitting on my shelf for a good two years from now. Blah.

UPDATE: i still don't use this more than my Mi Voga nor more than my Mountain Ocean coconut lotion as those are the best organic lotions I've tried by far (even better than Albas), but this one is not half bad. I still won't repurchase, but if I had to recommend a few drugstore lotions, they would go in this order, Jergen's cherry almond, Noah's Naturals body lotion, and this one of Aveenos. Though, I'm sure using the one that controls how fast your body hair grows makes more sense, unless there is a scent of this one that you can't pass up. I saw results with that other Aveeno lotion, and can say I would recommend it to someone, because after all, everyone else has different priorities, standards, and needs, and i'm sure one of my friends would love that she doesn't have to shave often.