Ole Henriksen Ultimate Lift Eye Gel

2.8

Water, Glycerin , Glyceryl Polyacrylate, Phenoxyethanol, Carbomer, Oleth-20 , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder , Potassium Sorbate , Potassium Hydroxide , Copper PCA, Arginine HCl, Steareth-20 , Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract , Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract , Propylene Glycol , N-Hydroxysuccinimide , Euphrasia Officinalis Extract , Chrysin, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide , Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I've been trying a lot of eye creams looking for a good one. So far this one is the best out of the three I've tried. It burns the first few uses than I no longer experience the burning after three days. It does decrease puffiness and fine lines so concealor applies without any issues. It's really thick so don't use so much and you'll be fine.

on 3/7/2015 10:22:00 PM

Found this at marshalls. Love how it feels but it doesnt lift a thing!

on 12/6/2014 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have been searching for a cooling eye gel and like the previous review stated, it even stung a bit. I feel like this product is overpriced and there are much better options at the drugstore. I returned this and will not repurchase.

on 10/29/2014 5:19:00 PM

I generally like gel products, especially during warm weather, when they seem to stay on my face longer than creams or lotions. But this product was a disappointment for me.

First of all, it's more of a glop than a gel. Really sticky, and hard to get out of the jar. Then, once on my eyes, it actually stung a little bit. I tried this for four weeks, and it just wasn't for me.

on 10/25/2014 2:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

I completely understand why some people say this stung them. It did to me too at first. However, what I find that works is using this eye gel with another eye cream - I use Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Eye. I apply this on the sides, where crow's feet would usually be, and on my lids to "lift". (I use Kiehl's under my eyes as it feels more comfortable and moisturizing for the more delicate skin on that area.) Now I don't really know if it "erases" wrinkles as Im using this as preventative measure, but I do find it very cooling. Due to the price, I am thinking of switching out from this to Lumene Time Freeze.

Okay, here's the thing with this product: it does actually work for my concern. I have one heavy/hooded eyelid and one "normal" lid. This is obviously worse with allergies/lack of sleep/etc. This product, due to the tacky nature of the gel, DOES cosmetically tighten up my saggy eyelid. So that's why I couldn't give it only 1 star, because it does the job.

The caveat is: THIS BURNS! I don't mind discomfort, but this product is the ONLY product I have ever used that I had to return because it hurts my eyelids to the point where they are red and inflamed. Disclosure, I do use Refissa and several AHA products, so this may be making me more sensitive, but I have no issue with any other face or eye creams. This was a total nightmare for me!

So it does tighten up the skin (cosmetically anyway) but I say proceed with caution and if it burns, don't persist in using it. I thought it would get better but it doesn't, it just got worse each time I used it.

on 5/21/2014 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This burned!!! For the record, my skin is usually fairly resistant to products that causes sensitivity to others so I'm really surprised that this product acted this way.

The first time I tried this it was vaguely unpleasant but the second time it actually hurt. Being stubborn I left it on but then the stickiness set in and I had to get rid of it

Have not tried it long enough to see whether or not it lifts because it's going in the bin. Pity - I had high hopes for the gel texture. Good thing it was a sample

on 3/27/2014 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This eye gel is pleasant to use but doesn't really do anything.

PROS:
It's got a nice consistency.
You get a lot of product considering how little you need to use.
Nice cooling effect.
Tightens up the skin around the eyes a little.
My personal preference: I like a pot as opposed to a pump or tube.
Packaging matches the other (more effective) OH products nicely. I like the rainbow look on my dresser.

CONS:
Slightly tacky feeling
Pricey
Can only use at night but the tightening effect is short lived. Who needs "lifted" eyes while you're asleep?

Summary: Nice for a spa night, but don't expect much.

on 2/22/2014 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

No lifting, de-puffing, visible results at all. It is pleasant to use and did not irritate my eyes in any way, but after a couple of weeks I didn't notice a change at all so I stopped using. My night cream of choice is shiseido benefiance so I'll be back to that.

on 1/19/2014 12:31:00 PM

I only bought this, along with the corresponding am roll on, 3 days ago but I feel compelled to write a review already because it is amazing! However, the results really depend on what you are using it for.

It WON'T do anything to "lift" your eyes if you have hooded eyes or if they're sagging from aging. Those are things that can probably only be fixed with cosmetic surgery. It will "lift" your eyes if they look droopy and puffy from lack of sleep or allergies though! I have both and I can really look so different from day to day depending on factors such as how tired I am and how my sinuses are doing. This eye gel won't change how your eyes naturally are, but it can bring them back to how they optimally are.

I've noticed such a dramatic difference since I started using these products, I constantly look fresh and well rested, even when I'm not! It's like having an awesome hair day every day.

Ok, now to describe the actual product and not just the results, it is a little sticky, but that's why it's the pm version. The am one isn't really sticky, though if you wear eyeshadow you'd probably be better off using a primer over it. And it really is cooling! I don't know how, it doesn't contain menthol or anything like that, but the cooling effect lasts for hours. While it doesn't feel rich or particularly hydrating, my eyes have been completely hydrated since using it, and they are normally prone to dryness. It's unscented, as all eye area products should be. Also doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes at all. I've tried PLENTY of de-puffing eye gels, and this is honestly the first one that's actually worked. It's also better than almost every regular eye cream as far as moisture and correcting those fine dehydration lines goes. The only one I've tried that's better for that is a Sisley one, but it's $200. Oh, and I got this in a set at Sephora with the am roll on for $35. The roll on is normally $28 by itself, and the pm gel in the kit is .25 ounces which is a very sizeable amount considering how little you need, so get that because it's a huge bargain and I think the two eye gels work best together.