AG Hair Cosmetics Conditioner Deep

4.5

on 4/17/2015 3:43:00 PM

I have medium-thick, long hair that gets dry and tangled at the ends and oily at the roots. I wanted a product that would help the ends of my hair because I want to keep my hair long and am tired of it getting tangled and broken at the ends. I decided to try AG Hair Cosmetics Conditioner Deep because of the good reviews on here.
This conditioner is a toothpaste-like mint-colored fluffy cream. I apply it after shampooing and conditioning by rubbing it on the ends of my hair, combing it through and then leaving it on for about a minute. After finishing the entire tube, I can say that it is alright for detangling and it has moderately improved the dryness of my ends but not enough for me to continue using it. It rinses out leaving my hair feeling silky but the ends of my hair tangles up again through the day. I also tried using this alone as a conditioner and this left the ends of my hair feeling dry, so it seems to work the best for me when used after a separate conditioner.
I had pretty high expectations for this product. After finishing the tube (I used it consistently every other day) this deep conditioner is a disappointment but not a complete waste of money.

on 4/1/2014 3:56:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I got this product from my work for my mom, she was looking for a treatment since her hair has ended up being fairly try from coloring it. I was staying at her house for a few days while she was out of town and decided to try it to see what it was like. It smelled amazing, like all AG products do of course. I did a quick squeeze of my hair to get all the excess water out and then threw this on for a few minutes while I shaved and washed, after rinsing it out, my hair was still a little tangled which was surprising but I continued with my routine and put on my usual conditioner. After getting out of the shower I put all of my after shower products in my hair and blowdried it (which I actually never do) and wow what a difference! My hair felt super soft and touchable and flowy. Really impressed! I might have to get a tube for myself once i'm out of my current 3 masks that I alternate through haha. The only thing I didn't like was how tangled my hair was after rinsing out this treatment, but I suppose it was bearable, that's the reason I took off one lippy though!

on 1/6/2014 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I picked this up last month at the Ulta liter sale. It has a sweet candy-like smell that I really like and is baby blue in color. I left it on my hair for a couple of minutes before rinsing and I couldn't believe how well my hair had curled up. That lets me know that this stuff absorbed well. My hair is less frizzy and it has good shine. It has a good amount of protein and silicone and gives the perfect amount of weight to my hair. I am tempted to use it everyday but then it would be protein overkill for me, so I alternate this with my other conditioning products every three or four days for balance. The A/G line is quickly becoming one of my fave hair care lines along with Joico and Kenra when it comes to salon products. If you have dry, damaged hair then I think this is worth a shot.

on 5/11/2012 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Smells like a banana Laffy Taffy. Texture is more gel than creme, and I find it hard to spread onto my hair. Those points aside, it makes my hair look and feel fantastic. I seriously haven't had a bad hair day (meaning poofy, hard to manage hair that I have to soak in leave-ins and serums,) since I started using it.

I just started using this product but so far it is AH-MAZING. i wash my hair 3-4 times a week and use this everytime. it leaves my hair silky, shiny and tangle free. before this i used joico intense hydrator, but i got 1L of this for only $30 and i payed about the same for joico, but it was only about 8.5 fluid ounces, this is a GREAT save, and i would say the products are on par with each other. i would deffinatly repurchase and i highly recomend this!

on 4/11/2011 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This deep conditioner is truly amazing! My hair looks and feels like silk and I get a ton of compliments on how long and healthy looking it is. I use this conditioner daily, mainly on the bottom half of my hair and I let it sit while I shower. It works well as a leave in overnight as well. I use it with use with AG'sTech Two shampoo. A must try as the value is good and the product is great.. :)

on 12/3/2010 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This has to be one of the best deep conditioners I've used (and I've used many). My hair is long, fine texture (although I have a lot of it) and curly/wavy, and this does wonders for it. Use it once a week. It's on par with Kerastase's oleo-relax for me, but cheaper (although still pretty expensive at $20). Highly recommend!

on 6/14/2010 11:58:00 AM

I have used this product for about a year now. I can not believe the difference it makes in my hair. My hair stylist recommended using this once a week after clarifying my hair with clarifying shampoo. My stylist told me that if you were to go to the salon and have a deep conditioning treatment more then likely it would be with this product. You are supposed to leave this product on for 5 minutes. I find that I usually only leave it on for about 3 and it works just as well. It smells great and leaves my hair soft and shiny for the entire week. I love this product!