August 29, 2014 | 949 users online

Styling Products - Aveeno - Active Naturals Nourish + Style Curl-Defining Spray Gel

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2011 5:32:00 PM More reviews by harriss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This spray gives my fine, wavy hair lots of body and curl but, after about a week of using it, my hair started to look dry. Thus, will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2010 3:58:00 AM More reviews by holymell

I really like this! I have just begun to embrace my wavy hair, and this is the very first gel that I have ever used in my hair. I have tried mousse, which generally makes my hair quite crunchy, so I avoid that. I absolutely cannot STAND having hard hair. It angers me, and I do not see the point in using a product that makes it unpleasant for you or others to touch your hair, or that makes that particular activity impossible.

I like that this gel has no silicones, and that all of the ingredients will wash out without shampoo, as I do not use shampoo. I like that it has proteins in it, which are really good for damaged hair (mine is very damaged), and I like that it makes my hair shiny, it defines my waves and the few spiral curls that I have, and that it isn't hard once it dries. It IS very hard while my hair is drying, but once the hair has dried I have soft, shiny, non-frizzy waves and curls and I love it! It also smells fantastic!

My hair is very prone to turning crunchy with styling products, and the first time that I used this I didn't wait for my hair to dry before I washed it out. This time, I did, and I am so glad that I did because otherwise I would have never known that I love this product! So if you find that you have hard hair, wait until your hair is dry and it will soften up:) I can't wait to try their other styling products!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2010 7:30:00 PM More reviews by lpreble

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is okay, but it's a spray as opposed to a gel or serum, which isn't what I wanted. It left my hair sort of flat and not really moisturized. I have curly, fine hair. I find it tough to get a good, even amount of product in my hair from a spray. So, maybe it's not just the product, but the delivery.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2010 5:48:00 PM More reviews by TAMESWAN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I actually adore Ouidad Heat and Humidity gel, that was my holy grail, but am trying to find something cheaper and this is pretty good. Not perfect, but pretty good! I have tried so many styling products for curly hair. I agree with a previous reviewer that is is a tad stiff, but I can live with that. It does have castor oil in it and thats a good ingredient which strengthens the hair and I always look for that in my product. My hair is fine and curly, shoulder length and has turned gray the past 2 years, and I may just keep it that way, it actually looks pretty good). Haven't been on here for awhile and was txwildswan (I reviewed tons of things under that user name) but can't recall my password from back then, so I have started under a new user name.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2010 11:52:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Really helps define my curls that are quite sketchy and weak to begin with, so I am grateful for it. Does NOT weigh down my ultra fine hair. Does not dry my ends out. Reasonable price.

CONS: A little stiffer/crunchier than the alternates below.

ALTERNATES: I now use "Garnier Wonder Wave Wave Perfecting Spray" (or perhaps "Spray it Curly") sprayed into my hand to scrunch my ends with. I then take Suave Captivating Curls Mousse and adore the combo, for very defined but not crunchy curls.