September 2, 2014 | 989 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Telescopic Explosion Waterproof

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Boha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This mascara worked very well. It gave the look of more length to my lashes and didn't smudge. I have oily skin and eyelids and this is always an issue.

The applicator takes some getting used to. It does allow you to get to every little lash.

There wasn't any odd smell and it removes easily with eye makeup remover.

I would buy this again. But I'll still be trying out new mascaras

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2013 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Caramel_Apples

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for probably close to a year now, and I've found that it's become a nice, daily staple when I'm going for an everyday/natural look.

This is a really low maintenance mascara. It's impossible to get this to clump - I even applied like four layers as a test once, and not a single clump. It doesn't feel heavy even with all of those layers, and I can apply this and walk out of the house and never have to worry about fallout. I also wear glasses regularly, and mascara that doesn't dry quickly can leave black lines on the lenses when I blink. I don't have to worry about that with this product. I also like that the wand head is small, which makes application on lower lashes very easy.

I haven't tested out the waterproof aspect of this, but I can say I'm lazy with my eye makeup and rarely bother removing mascara, and my lashes seem to maintain decent lengthening effects even 3-4 days after application. So this can last through a few showers.

The reason I'm giving this a 4 is because this isn't going to give you noticeable volume. Even with my experiment applying four layers, my lashes didn't look much thicker. The main benefit of this is lengthening, which it does well and in a natural way with even just one coating. So I can recommend this if you want an easy mascara that gives longer lashes, but not if you're looking for a dramatic look or tons of volume.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2013 1:50:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

I had high hopes for this spiky little ball. The Telescopic Explosion mascara is pretty decent. I do not care for the themed packaging; the wand is awkwardly long, thin, and too flexible. It weakens the effectiveness of the Givenchy-esque brush. That being said, with some patience, you can achieve some nice length with this mascara. I got excellent separation, decent color, and plenty of length without it getting spidery. I hoped for some volume, but alas, this is only a lengthening mascara. I do enjoy using this in conjunction with my HG, Maybelline the Falsies or Benefit's They're Real. I got this for about $5 on amazon.com so I am pleased with the product, but it's not my favorite.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2013 6:40:00 PM More reviews by hiiixox3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was hesitant and purchasing this mascara at first. Normally I do not go for waterproof mascaras, however, I was wondering about the telescopic explosion mascara in general when I came across this and found that the regular one was sold out. This was when it was on sale and I had some awesome coupons that brought down this tube of mascara to roughly $2.50 instead of it's normal $10-$12 USD range. I decided to purchase the waterproof one anyway. I really like the brush; I can get the tiny lashes that I normally can't get. Also, once this is applied after curling, my lashes stay curled all day. I have not experienced flaking and it has been alright with my sensitive eyes. Just so you know, it does not provide volumes, it does provide some lengthening, it does have a faint mascara-y smell (but it goes away very quickly), it does separate (I recommend applying a light layer, NOT waiting for it to dry completely, and apply a second light layer right away), and it is extremely waterproof. If you do not normally use makeup remover, you might need to use one if your cleanser is too gentle.

Overall, I am unsure if I would recommend this mascara. It's not terrible, but it's not great. I might repurchase this again (I actually bought another tube before the sale went away).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2012 1:39:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

I thought that this would be a really cool waterproof mascara because of the size of the wand- because big wands and waterproof mascaras really do not mix! I was right. There are mixed reviews in this mascara, I have noticed- some love it, some hate it. I side with the people who love it, because I feel that it worked for me. I have really short lashes, and this did a good job of lengthening them. It does not volumize a lot, and it does harden the lashes, but those are only minor setbacks. I have read from some people that the brush has too much product; but for me, this brush does not have enough product! I literally need to use the tube part of the wand too layer on the product, and use the brush itself to separate it for maximum results. I like that it does stay in the water pretty well (I'm a swimmer), and there is minimal smudging. When you take it off, the mascara tends to come off in flakes, an fyi just in case that bothers anyone. I found the packaging to be really crappy, though; you can literally scratch the name off the tube! This product is a bit more pricey for $9, but other than that, it is a great waterproof mascara!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2012 1:36:00 PM More reviews by Chloeclover

This used to be my go-to mascara for about a year! I really liked the dramatic look it gave and it is quite WATERPROOF!!! The brush is a small ball wand type and it is really useful for both the upper and lower lashes. Although, a downside is that it might take a while to get the desired look on the upper lashes since the wand is meant to coat just small sections at a time.

Pros:
Intense black color
Holds curl
Waterproof!!
Lengthening
Small brush, great for lower lashes

Cons:
Too fake/thick spidery lashes
Flaking towards the end of the day
Small brush, can take a while to get desired look

I highly recommend this to those who want dramatic lashes without looking like a panda at the end of the day!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2012 1:39:00 PM More reviews by 4misstish

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This strange looking mascara wand may leave you shaking your head. But never fear, this mascara is really quit good. I will say it takes some time to get use to especially when you are use to using traditional wands. however, this small ball on the end of the wand is perfect for getting all your lashes especially on the inner and outer corner. One tip, run the mascara wand across the tip of the lashes to get the full effect of this mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2012 3:39:00 AM More reviews by ham409

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this mascara. After curling my lashes, these make my baby asian lashes super long - like way extend up wards - I can see the difference. The little ball applicator makes a difference in really extending the lashes. Also a plus for me is even without a primer, this doesn't smudge on me - Super +++ because my biggest issue with mascara is they all smudge on me. Good product. I like.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2012 1:48:00 AM More reviews by Mssmartshopper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara. I wish there were more product in the bottle. It lengthens the look of my lashes. I do have to keep reapplying but once i get the look that i want i stop because once it dries it's hard to put it more on it. It'll look more cake like. The price is reasonable and I like the way it makes my lashes look. Like i said I only wish there were more product in the tube. I had to keep putting back the wand to get more product. Other than that I love this mascara. I will purchase more to my collection. It made my lashes look nice and fluttery... I have used other mascaras and a friend of mine recommended this one. She has the regular. I have the waterproof mascara telescopic explosion. I like it so far. Great and good price!!! I love the rounded wand too. It really helps with the application....

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2012 11:20:00 AM More reviews by Cynth1a

I hate this so much.. it takes time to get all my lashes.. no volume..and I loose a few lashes when taking this off..