August 23, 2014 | 940 users online

Lipstick - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay in Place Lipstick - Stay Rose

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2013 1:33:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I saw a woman with really nice natural looking lipstick on and had to ask what it was. She said it was "Stay Rose", and I bought it that week. I've been wearing this colour for months now at work or to go out wherever, it's suitable for any occasion - it does look lighter and brighter in the pictures here on MUA but it is a medium tone creamy nude pink and suits my NC20-25 complexion and dark hair and eyes. This and YSL Rouge Volupte Ultimate Beige #03 are my go-to's for daily wear.

The staying power is great, not as long as those 2-step lip products but I think this is much better, there is no cracking of colour on the lips nor dryness (like with Revlon's ColorStay 2-step, ugh!). It feels moist throughout the day and I only have to apply lip balm maybe once during the day. I do have to reapply after eating but it's not a big deal - I'd rather that than have flaky lips that most long-wear lipsticks cause for me. It's very pigmented so I only need one swipe, and it wears well with gloss on top too. Haven't found any dupes I like so I will probably repurchase when it runs out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2010 4:21:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Pretty good price for the quality. Feels pretty good/doesn't dry too much for long lasting. I love Stay Rose on my N15 (leaning to NC) skin. Adds a big pop to my natural color. But not overwhelming.

CONS: If you're looking for something to fully last through a meal, this probably isn't your choice. Along the same lines, gloss will greatly reduce the staying power. A little expensive, but I bought it for a special occasion, and I'm glad I did. :-)

ALTERNATES: Nice alternate to "Double Wear Stay in Place Lip Duo" which lasts longer but is too drying for me. HE alternate is Laura Mercier's stains. Good DS dupe is Revlon's Colorstay Soft and Smooth Lipstick, but it doesn't last quite this long.

**********The color in the pic. is slightly lighter than what it is in actuality.***********

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No