April 23, 2014 | 1404 users online

CD/Books/Movies - Paula's Choice - Don't Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me 8th Edition

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2010 1:34:00 PM More reviews by Lizzy28

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Ok, here's the deal: don't take everything Paula says for granted, use your common sense but this book does provide some very useful information, might save you a lot of money and steers you in the right direction when it comes to buying skincare- and makeup products suitable for your particular skintype. I really don't agree with everything Paula claims (some things she says are just b%#!l) but I do appreciate her no-nonsense approach and her philosophy of "less is more". Some of her skincare products are truly HG for me which is no small feat considering I have extremely sensitive, dry, fragile skin and I suffer from Rosacea. When I'm lemming a new product I first browse MUA Reviews and I use this book. It really helped me saving big bucks as well as helped me trying some new products which I otherwise wouldn't have tried. Together with her Beauty Bible I think these books are worth buying as they are a good (but not perfect) source of information on skincare & makeup. Even though lots of mentioned brands/products aren't available overhere (Netherlands). And if you don't want to buy this book, at least try borrowing it to read. Before you're spending wasted money on ridiculously overpriced, overhyped brands and products;-)