October 2, 2014 | 1560 users online

Moisturizers - Estee Lauder - Hydrationist Maximum Moisture Creme [DISCONTINUED]

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2014 4:42:00 PM More reviews by littlestarface

Noticed a lot of bad reviews from people with oily/acne-prone skin. This is NOT suited for those skin types! It's job is to HYDRATE! You people don't need hydration. Best suited for people with dry/very dry/sensitive and to some degree combination skin.
Probably the best moisturiser I've ever used. Only need a little bit and your skin feels like silk. When you do apply it on your face it looks and feels greasy for the first minute. After giving a minute and time to dry it makes your face look flawless and feel incredibly soft.
Perfectly suited for dry skin.

Downfall - way too pricey for a moisturiser.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by MushroomFace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have dry skin so opted for the hydrationist. This did nothing for my skin, my face gradually gained dry patches in the day and once removed my skin was drier.

After using this product I refused to use high street brands, technically it is but a little bit more 'high end'

PROs: easy packaging

CONs: the hydration cream doesn't hydrate. Left skin drier.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2013 2:55:00 AM More reviews by LisTan

This moisturizer is ok, I wasn't blown away. It did its job, but maybe not for the price. I was using Shu Uemera's deepsea emulsion before this which is cheaper and I think similar in terms of it's function. It doesn't make your skin feel too oily after a few hours, so that's one of the advantages.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2013 9:53:00 AM More reviews by CoralElectra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Didn't do anything to my skin. It didn't break me out nor did it moisturize it. I have a combination skin with sometimes dry patches during the winter months so I was looking for a good moisturizer. Nothing special and certainly not worth the price EL asks for it. Will not buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2013 5:05:00 AM More reviews by Bulabalabibi

I like this cream... it's not very perfumey like most EL products. I personally like my creams to be sticky and this does just that! However, I have to say that I believe the serum (ANR) is doing most of the work as I can't tell the difference after switching to this cream. Nonetheless, it's not doing anything untoward and I will keep on repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2013 7:22:00 PM More reviews by pauvres

The first time I used this cream I hated it. It was really thick, and I'm pretty sure it broke me out. Goodness me was i wrong. After having it in my cabinet for a few months I decided to try it again and wow! It is such a nice cream, still thick but once you smooth it onto your skin, it just drinks it up. Made me skin feel soft and beautiful and hasn't broken me out so I must have been using another product at the same time. This might even knock my HG moisturiser - the chanel hydra beauty gel cream - out as it sometimes can make my skin feel a bit sticky. Will keep using until its done and see how I feel about it, but wow, I'm so amazed.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by Tara1973

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this creme for over 2 weeks now and I see a noticible difference in my skins appearance and texture. I got this in a kit with the advanced night repair serum and eye cream. It's a bit on the greasy side of creams but it absorbs nicely into the skin. I will definitely be buying again!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2011 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Jake84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hydrationist is a great basic moisturizer with three skin type formulas. As it's winter, I'm using the creme because my skin is drier and I like having a rich creme. The texture is quite a bit heavier than the lotion, which I've used more in the summer months. It has a bit of fragrance but not enough to be off putting. The price isn't bad for what it is. I would repurchase, it seems to moisturize my skin quite well.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2011 3:05:00 PM More reviews by jensen2027

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow! This is a great moisture cream if you have dry skin! It really does hydrate from the inside out. Being in my 30's my skin is so dry now and this has been a huge help! no breakouts! no crazy shine and GREASE as with many others! I'm very impressed and will keep buying! Doesn't feel thick like wearing a mask- it ABSORBS into your skin and actually makes it softer! So thankful I tried this. Get a sample at the counters before you commit. I would have gotten the pump instead but was told it wasn't as hydrating and I also tried a packet of it before hand and it wasn't enough. For maximum moisture go with the cream for dry skin/ maximum moisure/hydration.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2010 8:35:00 PM More reviews by kerish345

Packaging : hmm .. I don't like jars but because this jar is opaque I am convince the ingredients most be more stable .I think its good enough.
Ingredients: I am not too familiar with theincredients in this product. I decided to do my research @ the store .. Bad idea .I do know that it has some patent pending technology that will allow it to not only hydrate your skin today but teach ur skin to hydrate itself in the future
Texture : this is a like a gel and creme combination.It goes on easy and my face looked hydrated immediately.This somewhat thick so it takes a little while to absorb into my skin (2minutes) over my Serum.My skin is combi ,sometimes oily so I would not wear it during the day.
Result : OMG! The first two nights I used this creme my face and eyes were stinging!! I read a prev review about stinging the eyes so I took special care not to apply too close to my eye...that did not help!I. Decided to give it a 3 day trial . On day 3 there was no stinging .
I had no rashes or redness after the stinging.I woke up each morning with baby soft skin.It does what it says "Hydrate"

I was not looking for NE thing else from this creme. I just realise that the PR was right I needed to use a moisturiser with my Estee Lauder Night recovery serum.I thought the advise was just a ploy to get me to spend more.
Buy this product if U want to hydrate your skin .. Don't know of any other results. The lotion was also good but I opted for creme for its thicker formula as its only for night use.
WARNING!! Althu I waited out the stinging It was a personal gamble. IFthe stinging somes with irritation I wld discontinue use.