July 28, 2014 | 1042 users online

Polishes - China Glaze - Flip Flop Fantasy

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2014 4:57:00 PM More reviews by brittneyxoxo

packaging : nice peach looking colour, love it
price: in my local ulta it runs around $7.00 + how ever i did get a deal 2 for $10

Applying the polish: Coat #1: colour is satisfying for sure. Kinda bright (neon) streaky
needs second coat
Coat #2: im noticing its kind of gloopy almost, it looks very uneven
its going to need another coat i still love the color
Coat #3: it looks pretty good now you could do another coat if you
wanted. it still kinda looks uneven. and bumpy but lets see
what a top coat does

( before the top coat it was drying kinda matte)
Top coat: now the polish looks A LOT better the streaks aren't AS
noticeable . its still very uneven looking. It could be my
finger nail. i still love the colour however i think the formula
needs some work.

Im not sure if i recommend this or not aha. In all honestly. i love the colour so i would definetly tell you to buy it for that reason. but i do not like the coverage at all. its not what i expected.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2014 6:52:00 AM More reviews by JasmijnM

I love love love this polish! Just bought my second bottle. First of all, the color is amazing. So vibrant and pretty! When I wear this, I always get compliments. I see a lot of people here say they hate the formula but if you know how to work with it, there is no problem. Just make sure there is enough polish on the brush and don't go over the over a freshly applied layer twice before it has had time to dry as it will get tacky. If you do that, application (at least for me) should not be a problem. I always do two coats for full opacity and the matte finish doesn't bother me. This polish isn't quite longlasting but for me it will stay on for 4-5 days I guess. I have been obsessed with this polish for over 2 years and I don't think that that will change anytime soon!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2014 5:00:00 PM More reviews by Law08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ok this is a tricky one, I LOVE THIS COLOR, off of the color alone of say 5 stars, it's super neon fabulousness, orangish pinkish, muted, just lovely but BUT it's crazy streaky, I've never actually owned a china glaze this streaky and I'm a china glaze fanatic. It took me 4 coats and it was still a bit streaky, but that's without a base coat I think with one it would probably be fine I think it just dries too fast and doesn't any back tracing

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2014 4:35:00 PM More reviews by LindseyAnne

So this color is one of the most beautiful I've ever seen. In natural light it pretty much glows. It definitely looks brighter and more orange on the nails then it does in the bottle. I did take three coats to build up the opacity, but they were thin coats and didn't take super long to dry so I can't complain. However, this wears terribly. I painted it on in the evening last night with both a top and base coat, and I woke up with chipping. How? I have no idea. But I painted another coat on and another layer of top coat before work in hopes to keep the chipping at bay. Unfortunately, every fingre has chipped now which definitely bothers me. And because of how vibrant the color is, the chipping is quite noticable. I'm going to play around with it some more but at this point I'm a little bit diappointed. Great color though for those that can get it to work!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2014 12:22:00 PM More reviews by bikerchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Flip Flop Fantasy is my favorite toe color for summer. I have been using this bright neon coral for over 2 years now and am on my second bottle. This neon polish can be a little tough to apply. The formula is a little thin and streaky, typical of many neons. I use a white polish (OPI Alpine Snow) as a base then 2 medium thick coats of Flip Flop. Using the white base really helps with the streakyness. It dries fast to a rather dull matte finish which is also typical of many neons, a shiny top coat fixes that problem. It usually lasts a good 2 weeks on my toes before starting to chip and look a little dull and faded. My biggest complaint about this polish, and all China Glaze polish, is the brush. I hate their brush! It is thin, long, and flimsy. Dispite the brush though, I will keep using Flip Flop Fantasy for many summers to come!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2014 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was looking for a bright pinky-coral for my pedicure, and this color was recommended by an SA at Ulta. I didn't see much pink in it, but she said that it would appear differently once applied. No, it didn't. It looked exactly like it did in the bottle: peachy. The color is cute, but just wasn't what I was looking for. Also, the application and finish were as others described; very streaky and matte. It took 3 coats to get opacity and then it needed a shiny top coat to keep it from looking dull.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2014 6:29:00 AM More reviews by dekayedd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After hearing so many raving reviews about this polish, I decided to buy this polish.

My first coat was a huge mess, because it was very thick and streaky! I was quite disappointed because it looked so terrible.

I tried this again but in thinner coats, this time it was slightly better. However, the application of this polish is still very tricky because it is a neon polish and it is very streaky.

Even though it was very streaky, my top coat (seche vite) smoothed it all out, so I didn't have any problems with that eventually.

I really like this polish because it's a bright neon peach creme, slightly darker toned, but it looks fantastic and eye catching! The only downside is the application of the polish.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2014 10:55:00 AM More reviews by chupafabra21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The color is a neon, which means you HAVE to apply top coat...or it will look matted on your nails.I like this color..people will definitely notice your hands. The price is okay $6.49. The only thing I don't like about this shade is it takes a long time to apply....like you prrly have to put 4 coats so you have a solid color. However China glaze bottles don't run out that easily.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2013 3:51:00 PM More reviews by colormegood

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm so disappointed in this polish. I'd been reading so many good things about it. But the formula is horrible! It's like it dries while you're paining your nail. It's very streaky and looks like a 3-year-old painted your nails when you get done. I really wanted to like this polish. I wanted a bright, eye-catching color. But this definitely isn't it. This is going back to Sally's the first chance I get. I thought China Glaze was supposed to be one of the best polishes out there?

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2013 12:26:00 PM More reviews by ouicestloui

I LOVE IT! A neon peachy-pink colour. It's super opaque and is very easy to paint with. One coat, dries super fast, and you're ready to go! Incredible colour to my fair skin (almost makes my hands look more tanned). The look is matte and feels a bit like rubber, which I didn't know when I bought it, but I like it! (:

I only have two nail polishes from China Glaze, but both of them are incredible! The staying power is also one of the best I've ever tried. It's almost hard to get it off, haha.

It comes in a big 14 ml bottle so it'll last forever :)