April 18, 2014 | 1787 users online

Polishes - China Glaze - Flip Flop Fantasy

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2014 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was looking for a bright pinky-coral for my pedicure, and this color was recommended by an SA at Ulta. I didn't see much pink in it, but she said that it would appear differently once applied. No, it didn't. It looked exactly like it did in the bottle: peachy. The color is cute, but just wasn't what I was looking for. Also, the application and finish were as others described; very streaky and matte. It took 3 coats to get opacity and then it needed a shiny top coat to keep it from looking dull.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2014 6:29:00 AM More reviews by dekayedd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After hearing so many raving reviews about this polish, I decided to buy this polish.

My first coat was a huge mess, because it was very thick and streaky! I was quite disappointed because it looked so terrible.

I tried this again but in thinner coats, this time it was slightly better. However, the application of this polish is still very tricky because it is a neon polish and it is very streaky.

Even though it was very streaky, my top coat (seche vite) smoothed it all out, so I didn't have any problems with that eventually.

I really like this polish because it's a bright neon peach creme, slightly darker toned, but it looks fantastic and eye catching! The only downside is the application of the polish.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2014 10:55:00 AM More reviews by chupafabra21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The color is a neon, which means you HAVE to apply top coat...or it will look matted on your nails.I like this color..people will definitely notice your hands. The price is okay $6.49. The only thing I don't like about this shade is it takes a long time to apply....like you prrly have to put 4 coats so you have a solid color. However China glaze bottles don't run out that easily.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2013 3:51:00 PM More reviews by colormegood

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm so disappointed in this polish. I'd been reading so many good things about it. But the formula is horrible! It's like it dries while you're paining your nail. It's very streaky and looks like a 3-year-old painted your nails when you get done. I really wanted to like this polish. I wanted a bright, eye-catching color. But this definitely isn't it. This is going back to Sally's the first chance I get. I thought China Glaze was supposed to be one of the best polishes out there?

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2013 12:26:00 PM More reviews by ouicestloui

I LOVE IT! A neon peachy-pink colour. It's super opaque and is very easy to paint with. One coat, dries super fast, and you're ready to go! Incredible colour to my fair skin (almost makes my hands look more tanned). The look is matte and feels a bit like rubber, which I didn't know when I bought it, but I like it! (:

I only have two nail polishes from China Glaze, but both of them are incredible! The staying power is also one of the best I've ever tried. It's almost hard to get it off, haha.

It comes in a big 14 ml bottle so it'll last forever :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2013 9:54:00 AM More reviews by elizabetel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I LOVE this colour. An absolute must for the summer months. Looks great with a tan and even makes you look more tan because of how bold it is. I will go through the pros and cons of this now:

PROS:
-beautiful & fun coral colour
-makes you look more tan
-perfect for the summer months
-it's rare to find such an amazing neon colour that is TRULY neon
-people will notice and compliment you on it

CONS:
-chips like there's no tomorrow
-dries matte (this might be a pro for some but personally, I prefer a shiny finish for my nails)
-is quite streaky but goes away after the second coat
-doesn't last long on your nails, however it lasts quite a lot longer on your toenails I've noticed!
-small brush, but this is true with all China Glaze nailpolishes. I would prefer a bigger brush for easier application such as the likes of essie or OPI or even Sally Hansen!
-colour isn't for everyone, especially more mature ladies I feel like and isn't a very sophisticated and natural colour(obviously!)

As you can see, there are more cons than pros BUT REGARDLESS, I would still repurchase this because the colour is amazing and I love me some neon for the summer months.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by kristnn

love this color!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by newnewroro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this color because it looked pastel-y in the bottle but got it home and to my surprise it was a briiiiiight neon coral! However, i was pleasantly surprised with how long it lasted. A little too bold for me to wear on my hands, but i painted my toes with it about 10 days ago and no word of a lie it has hardly chipped or come off! so, very long lasting to say the least. it's a fun, light, flirty color that is amazing in the summer. i recommend, but only if you are not afraid of bold colors. the forumla is nice too - not too light, not too thick. i recommend :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by ltnla

Someone here called this one for the kids. I couldn't agree more -- but heck, I wouldn't expect a coral neon to be sophisticated. Great for summer, and a must have if you want an in-your-face neon. Formula not so great, but then again that's par for the course for most neons. I find that if I make sure that the brush is well coated and apply quickly and lightly (as opposed to pressing down hard), all patchiness should be gone by the second coat. It goes without saying that a topcoat is needed bc neons dry down matte.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Cecily8

Everyone is complaining about how this nail polish chips. I don't own this polish but I did get a pedicure done at a salon with this colour and it's been over a week and no chipping. Maybe this is better for toes than fingernails? I can't really comment on the formula since I haven't tried applying it myself. But I LOVE the colour! It really gives a pop to anything you wear. I got tons of compliment on this colour too. It's so bright and fun for summer! I'm not sure if I would buy this colour but i will definitely get this colour at the salon again! So I chose "yes" to repurchasing but what i really mean is I will get this colour done on me again.