September 2, 2014 | 1650 users online

Lipstick - Tom Ford - Private Blend Lip Color - Blush Nude

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2014 4:21:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is such a pretty nude, especially for a pale, natural blonde like myself. As much as I love nudes they can wash me out or look totally unflattering. I don't want my lips to disappear into my face, I just want a nude with a little color but that's still subtle enough not to compete with an intense eye look. The name is very fitting because it's a creamy, light nude with a blush of fleshy pink. It reads warm on my cool toned skin but still looks beautiful. It adds that finished "naked" lip look that doesn't seem as if I'm trying too hard but am still pulled together.

The color is reason enough to win me over but the formula is the clincher. My lips are naturally pigmented and can show through a lot of nude colors and change the effect of the lipstick. But this shows up true to the color in the tube and goes on evenly in one swipe. Fully opaque with a little sheen without settling oddly. It makes my lips look smoother and fuller too. It feels so rich and comfortable minus the heavy, coated sensation. I have three of the Private Blend lipsticks and they all last so long on me, like a long wearing formula.

YSL's Rouge Volupté in Nude Beige looks similar but a touch lighter and pulls more peach than pink. Otherwise it's a very close match.

Love the sturdy, modern packaging and the faint vanilla scent. It's not the cloying, unnatural vanilla found in other brands. The price is steep for a lipstick but I can't get enough of the beautiful color and the lux formula and I wear it often enough to justify the splurge.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2014 5:54:00 PM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

One of my favorite lipsticks ever ....... I absolutely LOVE Tom Ford's makeup collection and Blush Nude is a HG for me ..... Blush Nude is of exceptional quality ..... the formula is creamy, long-lasting and non-drying ...... the color is a gorgeous nude with pink which looks natural and makes my lips look fuller ..... the price is an issue as it is super pricey for lipstick, but hey sometimes you have to pay more for something that works so well for you. A great color choice if you are cool-toned.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2012 4:03:00 PM More reviews by liangaf1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love TF lipsticks, which is why I even gave this one a 3 - but for me, this is the worst color. I know matte nudes are in, but this looks so chalky and unnatural on me. It's like those pale chalky lipsticks you see in pictures from the 60s. The texture is super creamy, the color is opaque and with a single swipe you have full coverage - ironically this feature, which is usually a positive one, is actually what makes the lipstick not work for me. Although I'm pale, and looking at the tube you think it would work - it looks beigy pink cream - but somehow it just ends up so completely chalky. I was really disappointed because I read reviews and looked at swatches, but sometimes you really just have to try something on first. Luckily I ordered this from Nordstroms, which has a saintly return policy, so even though I tried it on, luckily they will take it back - I would hate to have a $50 lipstick that I hated sitting around my house!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2012 12:42:00 PM More reviews by missDeeblue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I recently took delivery of this Lipstick - a 'blind' purchase, both in Colour & Cannister, as I had never before paid above £24 for a lipstick (I am a 20 year plus die-hard YSL customer, and was a Tom Ford virgin)
This lipstick is a WHOPPING £36.
I hoped that it would live up to the price tag

The colour ordered - 'Warm Sable' I have added pics, see above. This colour can only be described as a milk chocolate shade. If you can imagine dipping a strawberry into a chocolate fountain & pushing it to your lips.. yup, thats about right. The texture is the same - hey! It even tastes of chocolate a little.

I am not a chocoholic, but it gave me a fix. The texture is incredibly creamy, and smooth - just glides on, and is happy to stay in place, for a good period. It is very pigmented, and has a gorgeous sheen

The cannister - I would have marked 5/5 However, I personally thought that the gold colouring was a little too 'gold' very similar to 22ct gold, but as you might know fake 22ct is very 'cheap' looking, hence the reason for marking down the packaging 4/5. The Tom Ford new dark packaging might be a little less brash than my white cannister.
I personally think YSL own the 'gold' crown The very satisfying 'click' closure of Tom Ford Lipstick makes up for the brassy gold (the difference between a Mercedes door closing & a Lamborghini door - one can notice the difference, blindfolded)

To sum up, if you wish to treat yourself to celebrity beauty, then by all means do, but at £36 a tube? Considering YSL Rouge Pur is £10 less, I personally would take a diversion to the YSL vendor first

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2012 4:13:00 PM More reviews by xoxokris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS LIPSTICK. I've been searching for the perfect nude for years; I've tried everything from YSL, Chanel, Cle de Peau, Guerlain, MAC, Dior, Armani, Lancome, MUFE, Nars...etc. Something was always wrong with those...be it the texture, color, pigmentation, wear, or whatever else. So I decided to try Tom Ford, even though the price is insane. NOw, I don't know if I can ever use another lipstick. The texture is wonderous...it's light, creamy, smooth, yet has no slip. It lasts a while too. The pigmentation is amazing. It's opaque in one layer. Blush Nude is a pinky nude beige color and is the perfect nude for my NW25 skin tone. I love love love. I am obssessed with these now and will definitely be buying more lipsticks from this line!! The packaging is a bit bulky but it's alright. It's about $50 but it's worth it. You won't ever go back to other brands once you try these...or at least I won't :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2012 3:41:00 PM More reviews by aet5935

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Best. Lipstick. Ever. Also have nude vanille which is a little more pink and I love it too. These have the best creamy texture. They don't last as long as MAC lipsticks, but they don't dry your lips out! LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2010 10:17:00 AM More reviews by sadistic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I wanted this lipstick in my life after I saw these youtube videos on it (thanks to my younger sister who enables my makeup addiction, and yells at me for buying stuff all the time haha) I purchased this in Blush Nude and Vanilla Suede. I have medium toned skin. The lipsticks look wonderful with a smoky eye.

The case feels very luxe, and is very heavy, which was one of the first things I noticed about this lipstick. The product itself? heavenly. I use lipsticks/glosses all the time, and mainly use MAC. My lips tend to chap through the day, but with Tom Ford's lipsticks, they do not. They stay soft all day, even after the lipstick wears off (they last pretty well for me - about a few hours) You don't need to swipe on a lot of product either, since the colors are pretty opaque the first time on. At 45$ each, it IS very expensive, but I think it's worth it and perfectly okay to treat yourself to something nice once in a while (in my case - makeup :) I am lemming the Pink Dusk now ..hehe.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2010 1:51:00 AM More reviews by pinkolive2010

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lipsticks is hard to discribe, I like it at times and sometimes, i think it is too bare for my skin tone. I am pretty fair and I really like color because color bring out features on my face, but his lipstick looked washed out. At times, I will use a light pink, coral tone lip pencils and it will be great. However, it is a bit creamy in the texture, its smooth, but too smooth, is like slapping on butter on your lips and trying to take a sip from a glass with that. I guess its alright if you are not out to dinner or something, its embarassing with lipsticks stains on the glass of wine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2010 9:43:00 PM More reviews by jejkim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

First of all, I love Tom Ford and everything he creates. Just got 2 lipsticks from his new lipstick line. Blush Nude is a creamy lipstick which is a mid-range nude color (similar to NC25/30 MAC concealer color). It has a touch of pink in it, which is a shade lighter than Pink Dusk. Very hydrating, long lasting and the packaging is glam and luxurious.

For me, this lipstick looks good alone for a nude lip. Haven't tried layering it with other lipsticks. The color swatches opaque on the hand and goes on very pigmented on the lips. It luckily doesn't settle into lines like YSL Rouge Volupte but it is very creamy and has a tendency to slide a bit so lining lips with a lipliner would help. Great lipstick for smokey eye looks or to tone down lips during day looks.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No