December 19, 2014 | 1441 users online

Self Tanners - Avon - Skin So Soft Satin Glow Absolute Glow Gel

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2014 3:57:00 PM More reviews by Canadianpetite

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
- gradual tanner so not noticeable
- affordable
- shimmers if you like that
- does not tan to a dark tone; more noticeable on very fair skin and not at all on fair-to-medium

Cons:
- strong smell (good man repellant)
- shimmers if you don't like that
- takes a long time to dry

(1=bad, 2=disappointing, 3=good but may find comparable others, 4=good but not holy grail, 5=one of the best or possibly irreplaceable)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2013 12:19:00 AM More reviews by aflight

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Very sticky, takes too long to dry, maybe 15-20 mins. I did not like the super strong smell at all. It's too bad because It did give me a nice colour and made my skin very soft.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2012 4:05:00 PM More reviews by staci13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Overall, I wasn't happy with this product. It felt like oil and it was so sticky and greasy when applying it. It felt as thought I had to rub it in forever just to get my skin to not feel so greasy. As if that wasn't bad enough, it just never seemed to dry, at all. I applied it before bed one night, and it just felt gross and disgusting wearing this product, I couldn't wait to shower and wash the film off the the next day. But, I digress and I must say I was pleased with the color on my fair skin, but the whole "yucky feeling" is not worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2011 3:50:00 PM More reviews by BritJMc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this as a gift from my mother-in-law who ranted and raved about it. I've used it for about a week but couldn't tell you if I've gotten color or not, I'm already pretty tan this summer. Asked hubby to try it, (he's fairer skinned than I am) but he hated how 'slimy and slick' it was when he put it on. The smell isn't all that great, I feel like I smell like an old lady. I do suggest after you apply it give it a good amount of time to dry, it will streak your clothing if you still feel sticky. Okay product, don't think I'll buy it for myself, but I will use it until it is gone.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2011 11:56:00 PM More reviews by dbnsjsmom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was excited to get this product on sale. I've used gradual self-tanners in the past, but never from Avon. My legs are always so white, even in the Summer and I thought this might be the cure. I liked the gel, but found it difficult to rub in until dry, as it is a bit sticky. I used it as recommended and thought I noticed a slight natural glow. Later that night I was in a store with florescent lights and I noticed it didn't look natural, more like "Jersey Shore". I also started to notice that the most of the color was settling in my hair follicles on my legs which was also very (NOT) attractive. Now I'm stuck with two bottles of the stuff, and I have no desire to use it again. I don't recommend this product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2011 1:34:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

Please note: This is a preliminary review. If I can stand to use this longer, I'll post an update.

I cannot even put into words how sticky/dense/tacky this made my skin feel. I always put self tanner on before bed and I've never had a problem with feeling THIS sticky/tacky. OMG...this stuff made me feel like I applied honey to my skin. I kept waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting for it to dry but it never really felt dry to the touch. I literally felt like washing it completely off.

It's a shame too, because initially I thought I would really love this stuff. It's clear gel that has none of that distinct self-tanner smell. It applied nicely to the skin, but once I found out that it never really dried, my initial love turned to intense hatred.

If you can stand to feel sticky all day, this may be the right tanner for you. Otherwise...you've been warned!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2010 9:51:00 PM More reviews by Deravens7

I really like this product. It doesnt have a nasty smell it goes on smooth and leaves your skin soft. no streaking, i agree it doesnt get you really dark, but it has a nice natural glow. I used this product all summer long and when i got darker in the sun this product really enhanced my color. Liked it all around!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2010 2:20:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the only self tanner I have ever used that does not streak on me! Absolute glow contains moisturizer in the form of a glycerin and silicone base, caffeine to firm skin, and soy protein to inhibit hair growth. I have used this every day on my legs for the last month. I noticed no firming or diminished hair growth from this product. I like that this not orangey on my very fair skin. Provides a natural hint of color; a golden glow. You are not going to get very dark with this daily use, gradual tanner. I wish that it came in a darker formula. Update: This is still my go to tanner because ot the natural glow of color it gives on my fair skin. I do not want to be orangey. I seem to be the only that likes the gel texture because it makes it easier to apply.