September 2, 2014 | 954 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Definicils Precious Cells

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 2:48:00 AM More reviews by GooMavs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My brother, who NEVER comments on my makeup and hates makeup in general, was in awe of my eyelashes. He kept saying that there was no way they were my real lashes. This was a month after starting to use to the product (it hasn't increased length significantly, but has made them much healthier and I don't have the random stubby, snapped off lashes anymore). My lashes look fantastic with this stuff on. I don't even need a primer! Not clumpy at all. Simply fantastic and I've always been a DS mascara girl.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by iLoveYoutwo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

These days, I love the natural, effortless look! I am asian with wimpy puny lashes, and I used to have lash extensions which made my eyes WOW for 2 years but eventually I feel like they are ultimately plastics with glue. I was also using fake lashes on a daily basis for years and realized, they're not really mine, I'd rather show the world my lashes (Even though they are puny)

The problem with Asian people (in general, and OPINION only! Don`t message me to say I am making mean remarks please!) is that they generally have small eyelashes compared to Westerners. When they try to put on mascara it usually ends up looking very spidery or clumpy, even though they still look bigger and more visible. When I walk on the streets most Asian girls I see have eyelashes that look globby and thick and doesn`t look soft to the touch. But of course that is my opinion only. Or that their eyelashes become huge compared to their eye size, Mascara is meant to bring out your natural beauty of eyes that everyone has, not draw attention to the lashes. (Opinion again)

So I used to use volumizing eyelashes but most of them are so clumpy and heavy. I like drug store mascaras, but today I went in to a department store to try the Lancome Definicils Precious cells after seeing how great it looked on HSN- i really liked how the women looked enhanced, not made up which I like.

It was love at first sweep! The small brushes allow every lash to be reached, and trust me I have small lashes. It built volume and length at a moderate level (but not so much it looked so make-up like) but again I like the effortless look more. And when I was done, I went home and touched my lashes and I was SHOCKED at how they felt like eyelashes, not like mascara! Every single mascara I have tried I have tried feel hard on my lashes. This may become my HG!

I love love love this mascara. I just love how realistic my lashes look!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2012 9:25:00 AM More reviews by lovemyangel1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I usually love Lancome but, this mascara is really messy, clumps and it flakes off. it does not hold a curl what so ever. it does lengthen but I will be returning this product

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by XOXBunniezzXOX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I've been using this mascara for so long and I love it! I'm the kind of person who has the short and thin lashes, that can never hold a curl. Well sweet mother of Jesus, this mascara has everything. The formula was light weight throughout the day, it held the curl of my lashes (You should've seen my face when I discovered that the curl was still strong after 12 hours!), and it made my lashes long and lush! It flaked just a bit, but it wasn't a probem because I could easily dab it off with my finger. Yes, it is a bit pricey, but I think it's really worth splurging on.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2012 11:36:00 PM More reviews by babyjane14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this in a sample size apart of a gift with purchase 3 years ago and I didn't care for it at first but after a week the consistency changed and I loved using it for everyday. It mainly lengthens your lashes and makes them very black. Also it gives fairly decent hold to your lashes which is the number one thing I look for in a mascara.

It has a rose fragrance to it that didn't affect my eyes as I have very teary sensitive eyes, but if your easily offended by strong smells (especially the smell of mascara) be careful as it is very potent and is the strongest I have ever smelt.

This formula is supposed to have moisture/growth/protection benefits, but I can't say I really saw any results as I didn't look out for it because I only found that out recently.

I really enjoyed using this mascara as it was easy to remove at the end of the day because it isn't waterproof, but I never had an issue with it smudging on me. I feel like it is water-resistant.

Interested to try Lancome's other mascaras someday they're just so expensive, but loved it while I had it!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2012 3:12:00 PM More reviews by BohemianChic89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Lancome make some very good products, however this mascara was a let down. It does not apply smoothly, it flakes and the tube dries out quickly (I do not pump the wand). Lastly, I find the added fragrance extremely annoying, I am not allergic to it, but I think it is obnoxious and unnecessary.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2012 11:15:00 PM More reviews by blythegraves

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

FLAKES and clumps like crazy once dry. Can only apply 1 coat because it dries so fast. Irritated my eyes and smelled horrible. L'Oreal mascaras work better for a fraction of the cost.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2012 7:13:00 PM More reviews by gleamyeyes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I loved this mascara. It does not clump and adds beautiful length. It really defined every lash elegantly. Although, I cannot say it regenerated the condition of my lashes. I found they fell out a little more easily. But that's probably just me, the same thing happens when I apply nail strengthener, my nails chip and go brittle the next day. That being said I originally have very strong nails. Same goes for this mascara. Bottom line: I loved the elegance but the price was a little too much to be buying again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Valerie84

I was impressed with this product since the first stroke. This is hands-down the best mascara I have used. My lashes are short and sparse. This product made them look longer, thicker lash by lash, and evenly seperated. I didn't have to fight with the wand to distribute onto my lashes evenly, which saves me lots of time and effort. The product is light and non-clumpy. I had no residue on my lids at the end of the day and it does not smudge easy.
PROS: easy to use, longer lashes, thicker lashes, spreads evenly, doesn't clump, is light, great wand, stays on all day & night,
CONS: bit pricey, hard to take off (makeup remover is a must),

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2012 5:08:00 PM More reviews by MissNRI

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am glad this was only a GWP miniature, as I did not like this mascara at all. I found the texture thin and runny, and it took forever to dry and smudged easily. It is impossible to build volume without lots of clumping and it does not define either. Its only positive IME was rich black colour, that is it. Will not purchase the full size.