September 19, 2014 | 1907 users online

Hair Styling Tools - T3 - Single Pass Styling Iron

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2014 12:18:00 PM More reviews by SophMcD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product! We use to sell it at my place of work and all my co workers were into it! I have very thick and curly hair (mixed race-black with white down the line) and I can't perfectly straighten my hair with this! Works very well with my hair extentions! I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2014 1:16:00 PM More reviews by mousquerader

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I first purchased the T3 Single Pass iron five years ago at Sephora, without reading any reviews. I have very thick, coarse "Asian" hair, and this works very well on my hair type, without even having to set it to the highest temperature. It heats up very quickly; I just plug it in, turn it on, and within 20 seconds, it's hot and ready to use. I use this easily to straighten or curl hair.

What I really love most about this device is the longevity and quality of the build. Five years after purchasing that flat iron and using it regularly without any issues whatsoever, it finally went kaput one day and did not heat up, despite being on. Since I prefer to fix something before throwing it out, my engineer friend and I took it apart and tried to troubleshoot it, but there were no apparent issues that we could fix anyway (nothing was broken, disconnected, or obviously burnt out), and finding replacement parts would have been more trouble than it was worth. Anyway, I purchased a new Single Pass iron (didn't even bother to consider other flat irons, to be honest, because the Single Pass didn't leave anything to be desired for me), and it works just as well. It has a new/different looking dial from the one on my first one, but that doesn't affect the performance I was accustomed to.

Even though it's $160, I think it's very well worth the price, especially considering it lasted me 5 whole years of regular use! I've had other flat irons that never lasted me beyond a year or two, so I would much rather have this than some $20 flat iron that I will have to replace every year.

The T3 single pass is very reliable, and I will continue to purchase this as long as they make it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by desertrose08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the second flat iron I've owned (my first was the Sedu) and I have to say I really love it. It heats up super fast, has an adjustable heat dial, long cord, and works equally well at straightening and creating curls. No, on my super curly hair it doesn't really straighten it in a single pass (usually two passes are enough) but I imagine any iron that would be able to would be so hot it would burn my hair. My only complaint is that if you get it in the half white/half black color the white eventually yellows near the plate which isn't very pleasant looking. Other than that though it's a great iron and if I need to in the future I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2012 12:43:00 AM More reviews by thelifeofthemind

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have naturally curly (very curly) hair, but it's not coarse after a wash and condition. I love this iron, it leaves my hair silky and smooth, although I have yet to test the lasting power. The iron itself is very nice, and although it's fairly expensive (but there are more expensive ones out there), it seems very professional. However, this is not a "single pass" iron unless your hair is naturally straight or barely wavy, nor is any flat iron under $250 on the market. I haven't had it long enough to discuss the durability of it, and will be registering for the warranty after reading the horrifying reviews of how it works well but dies quickly. And with every review, be careful- believe it or not, some people just do not know how to straighten their hair properly. Some straighten chunks at a time, some just go section by section without any product, and some go too quickly down the hair. Make sure you're using a good straightening product, taking your time, and using a brush (preferrably bristle) pressed right underneath the flat iron as it glides down the section. This separates each strand (like the Instyler).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 2:25:00 AM More reviews by TheBeautyStart

Ladies, thank you all for your reviews. I decided to give this T3 flat iron a try. It seems expensive but worth every penny! I received mine in just 2 days and I love it! It straightens my hair sooo much faster than my old Biosilk flat iron. My hair is left shiny, super-sleek and smooth. I should be a model now )))) No, seriously, my hair looks amazing. I have never received so many compliments on my hair! By the way, I didn't have to pay the full price, I actually found T3 on sale here: http://www.fashionandbeautystore.com/t3-professional-hair-styling-tools.html
The product is 100% authentic. I already registered it with T3 online. Don't forget to do that in order to activate your warranty.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2012 1:04:00 AM More reviews by NJCathi

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Didn't really want to believe that I'd spend $160 on a flat iron, but I decided to try it. Yes, it is that good. Previously I'd only bought the $30 ones at Target and they were ok, but often pulled my hair or just didn't do the job. The T3 is great. One pass is all I need and it stays straight all day. Believe the hype.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2011 11:07:00 AM More reviews by MaddieEvans

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I decided to try this iron after reading positive reviews and the fact that allure voted for it. I've previously used a chi and a solia and I think this one measures up to those brands. It's also good for the price, which isn't cheap but not as expensive as some other brands (I got it from ebeauty.ca for $160). It heats up incredibly fast and leaves my hair super straight and shiny but not too flat. I love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2011 7:15:00 PM More reviews by prune

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

I had such high hopes for this flat iron. I researched before I bought, narrowed it down to GHD, CHI.&...settled on the T3 Single Pass. At that time (about a month ago) I did not read any reviews saying that even with TLC and looking after it.............. it would it DIE....4 WEEKS after buying it!!! It suddenly stopped heating up! I am really upset! I was going to write a longer review but basically want to know.....
Has anyone else had this problem????
Up until this point, it was an amazing flat iron..got my hair really straight and frizz-free....I LOVED it.....until now!

Can anyone suggest one they are VERY happy with....under $200??
Thanks!!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2011 2:12:00 PM More reviews by sv

Bought it in April, died today. Thankfully Ulta does a return store credit. Bought a Sedu. It was a good straightener. I just don't think something costing $160 should only last only a few months. BTW I didn't use it every day, so no wear and tear excuse.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2011 11:39:00 AM More reviews by rsrs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just went to my Costco and they don't have it. Which Costco did you buy it at? I am in NJ.