August 22, 2014 | 1868 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Cover FX - BritePrep FX

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2012 9:56:00 PM More reviews by dogdaze

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got a sample from Sephora and have since bit the bullet and purchased the fullsize product. I love this primer. It has a great consistency, neither too thin nor too pasty, adds glow w/o shine and keeps my makeup looking fresh all day long. I am applying w/fingers and have not tried using a brush yet. The SPF50 is a definite bonus as I am pretty lazy about using sunscreen, mostly b/c I haven't found one that supports a full face of m/u all day. There's one other thing I like about BritePrep...I notice at the end of the day I get a cleaner wash/removal and don't have to attack my face with all manner of m/u removers; it all seems to rinse clean away and I can apply my night cream immediately. Will repurchase w/o hesitation.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2012 10:11:00 PM More reviews by jillbeannw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I’m an aspiring makeup artist who wants to start exploring HD makeup for use on film and photography. I recently went to IMATS where I picked up the Briteprep Foundation primer. This primer did help the foundation adhere to my skin. Feels light going on and is non-drying. It has anti aging properties in the formula which is always my go to when looking at skin care. Tip: Best put on with a brush opposed to your fingers.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2011 1:18:00 AM More reviews by stephdev

I love this product. I have combination skin and use Retinol which leaves my face a mess of dry patches. My skin is sensitive and prone to breakouts. This product evens out my tone, hydrates, gives me a great glow and spf 50 to boot. I can skip moisturizing and using sunscreen by using this daily. The only small issue is that it turns me as red as a tomato which made me worry about irritation but that settles almost immediately. This looks amazing under my makeup and lasts alllllll day.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2011 5:58:00 PM More reviews by mobo10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I first tried BritePrep FX when I got a free sample from Shoppers. I instantly feel inlove with it, as I live in Canada and winters are harsh, the creaminess of the formula is great for winter! I then went on to purchase a full tube. I find it REALLY expensive for the amount you get, but I don't have to wear moisturizer when I have this product on so perhaps that would cut down cost per wear if its the only base you have on. I don't know how this product will be in the summer, probably wayyyy to oily but its a great winter find.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2010 2:08:00 PM More reviews by michelle2583

I bought this when I ran out of the regular Cover FX primer, which I love. The normal variety happened to be sold out at my local counter, so I decided to give this a try. HORRIBLE! First, like other reviewers have said, it's greasy, and the 'illuminating' feature just makes me look sick. But the absolute worst thing about this crappy product is that it makes your eyes sting, burn, and water. How are you supposed to apply makeup over a primer while you're crying into your bathroom sink? I have no idea why a primer would be made to avoid the eye area, considering you would want your concealer to stick to it. Probably the worst product I've tried in a very long time.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2010 9:11:00 AM More reviews by tabloid

I received a sample of this from Sephora and was really looking forward to trying it, especially since it has a very high SPF. Unfortunately, as soon as I put it on, it started to sting and burn, and turned my face a bright red. I have had problems in the past with intolerance of certain chemical sunscreens, so this is probably the cause of my skin's bad reaction.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2010 2:58:00 PM More reviews by reallychelseawow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is probably my first real HG product. It took me a few times to appreciate it though. To clarify, I don't wear foundation, only a bit of concealor where needed. I use primer to hide my pores, make my skin seem naturally flawless and help my blush stay. I have no colour luck with foundations or tinted moisturizers, but my skin is fairly even toned anyway.

When I first bought it, I thought it was thick, slimy and greasy looking. I'm very pale and sensitive to the sun, so a primer that is combined with sunscreen seemed like a godsend to me.
It cost $20cdn for a small tube (expensive since I use Quo primer that is $15 for twice the amount).
A little goes a long way with this. I use a small dollop and cover my whole face & eye area.
The key to this primer is you need a good setting powder! I am faithful to Maybelline's translucent mineral powder, but when I bought this I strayed to a Physicians Formula face powder, which was no good. It didn't mattify this at all and my face felt sticky. Ick. So this sat for some time before I picked it up again.
Once I bought my trusty face powder, this has become a lovely product! It is brightening but not shimmery which I like. I don't wear bronzer so my skin can seem very sallow and lifeless, highlight is a must!
This doesn't clog pores or make my skin seem shiny. I find it to be moisturizing as well. I have dry, clear skin, but someone with oily skin may have trouble with this one.
It spreads a little funny, you sort of need to work it in. It makes my skin look so great that frequently I can forgo concealor all together and wear just this, which is exactly what I wanted.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2010 3:52:00 PM More reviews by BrookeBuchanan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my hg summertime primer - how can you beat spf 50? I agree that it can get gross if you use too much - very little is needed. On days when I'm not wearing makeup it's great for adding protection and a touch of dewy to my complexion.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2010 5:12:00 PM More reviews by PaleIsTheNewTan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I expected to like this primer a lot more than I did. And to be honest, it's a great primer when it's not humid or real summer weather out. Spring, Fall, Winter, this will probably be my HG primer - but right now, when it's been humid for the past week, I do not like. And I'm dissapointed.

I have dry skin, some visible pores along my nose, and uneven skintone. My nose can get quite red in either extreme of weather. This product did 'brighten' and help to even my complexion (along the lines of Make Up Forever's HD Primer in #5 Blue), and left a nice dewey finish. I haven't had a reaction to the SPF, or breakouts of any sort on my skin from this - rashes, flaking skin, pimples.

However, this product does claim to increase wear time, and this is wear it loses one lippy (lippie?). I have dry skin, and rarely need to blot - even in Summertime. Never before have I had my makeup slip-off with any primer - even the comparitively 'greasier' GOSH Velvet Touch or Clarins Instant Smooth. With this, I had makeup slide off in the area between my nose and mouth/filtrum, and along the areas one would have a mustache. Within 5 minutes of stepping out in city humidity. Again, it should be noted, I have dry skin, and mostly just carry around blot papers in the off-chance someone else might need them. I can't imagine how well this would work with someone who actually had oily skin.

The consistency and bottle are not the greatest. It is extremely watery in texture, and even shaking up before use, I still notice there's always some product pooled in the bottom cap. I would prefer a pump, if possible, but beggars can't be choosers. Another lippie off for the packaging.

I did answer 'Yes' to rebuying, because of the SPF factor. The first week I used it, it was regular late Spring weather, and this product was great. To be honest, I will probably use this in Spring, Fall and Winter when I'm drier than I am now, and it's still warm (but not too hot) enough to walk around a lot. This, though, is just too prone to sliding off in humid weather, so I wouldn't reccomend to those with oilier skin who are expecting longer wear time for foundation, or to those in humid climates year round. So, for now, I'll have to go back to the tried and true broad-spectrum sunscreen under primer everyday. But come September, I will definately pull this one out again. Despite the less-than gangbusters - for humid and/or Summer weather - review.

ETA: 7/27/10. Not adding or removing from the amount of lippies, because though this helps the primer not slip off, this doesn't speak well for it's oil control/long-wearing makeup claims. A bit of Dr. Brandt's Pores No More Pore Refiner - which I'd just been using on my nose and inner cheeks - patted in the area between my lips and septum helps with the fading coverage, slipping and increased oilyness issue. Not a dealbreaker, but having to use another product to help with the extra oil does not speak well for it's increased wear claims.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2010 7:55:00 PM More reviews by MyBeehive

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hey girls!
Want a primer plus 50 spf that makes your face a disgusting greasy mess and leaves a sickly metallic tinge as well?? Well, look no further!!

Sigh.

Summer is coming. And, like last summer, I am on the hunt for a great primer with a sunblock so I can simplify my life. No such luck yet. Last summer I tried the Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer SPF 15 With Dermaxyl Complex, I didn't love it, I just didn't do it for me. So the other day I went into Sephora and asked the salesgirl what other options there were for such a product. She said there were 2 others, the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15 and this Cover FX one with spf 50!!! I was so excited about this one. She made me generous samples of both.
Today I went to use this one. Looks like a light yellow cream, applies greasy, absorbs eventually, feels smooth after like 15 mins. I don't understand why anyone would be willing to wait that long since it's a primer and is meant to take foundation over it. I wouldn't. Then that metallic tinge, ughhhh. Looked ok, even "brightening" in the bathroom mirror but I stepped outside in the sun to have a look and it wasn't a pretty sight. A shiny, metallic cast! Also, why put luminizers in a primer, anyway? Unless it's meant to be worn with nothing over it, in which case it's NOT a "primer" for anything.
Tomorrow, I'll try the Hourglass. Pity it's only spf 15.

If anyone knows of a miracle product that would fit this criteria please let me know!