Cover FX BritePrep FX

2.9

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polyethylene, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Saccharomyces/Xylinum, Black Tea Ferment, Silica, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1, Dimethicone, Squalane, Mica, Glyceryl Dibehenate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Alpha-Arbutin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Bisabolol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Cetyl Dimethicone, Octadecenedioic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Tribehenin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Tin Oxide, Alumina, Glyceryl Behenate, Arctostaphylos Uva Ursi (Bearberry) Extract Dimethiconol, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate/Triethoxycaprylylsilane Crosspolymer, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Linoleic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Retinyl Palmitate, Teprenone, Artemia (Plankton) Extract, Benzoic Acid, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, Sorbic Acid, Citrus Aurantium (Neroli) Oil, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This primer is absolutely dreadful. The smell of it alone can make my stomach curdle, however I really did try to like this product, so I did try and ignore that whilst using it. Ignoring the horrible smell, the primer itself was awful anyway. It is very very slimy and oily, and although I do not have oily skin, it made my skin feel slick and slimy, and made my foundation almost melt off my face, even with a setting period of 10 minutes. The primer has these odd little grains in it, and it is very hard to blend into your skin, as it doesn't blend or sink in, and simply sits on your face, waiting to melt off your concealer.
I have a somewhat uneven skin tone, with a lot of redness, and can be very sensitive. The first time I applied this my skin almost burned, became very irritated and more red, and broke me out a little bit. I was almost afraid to try it again as it upset my skin so much. After using it a few more times my skin didn't react nearly as much, but as I mentioned before, the primer is dreadful regardless.

on 11/21/2012 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I got a sample from Sephora and have since bit the bullet and purchased the fullsize product. I love this primer. It has a great consistency, neither too thin nor too pasty, adds glow w/o shine and keeps my makeup looking fresh all day long. I am applying w/fingers and have not tried using a brush yet. The SPF50 is a definite bonus as I am pretty lazy about using sunscreen, mostly b/c I haven't found one that supports a full face of m/u all day. There's one other thing I like about BritePrep...I notice at the end of the day I get a cleaner wash/removal and don't have to attack my face with all manner of m/u removers; it all seems to rinse clean away and I can apply my night cream immediately. Will repurchase w/o hesitation.

on 8/1/2012 10:11:00 PM

I’m an aspiring makeup artist who wants to start exploring HD makeup for use on film and photography. I recently went to IMATS where I picked up the Briteprep Foundation primer. This primer did help the foundation adhere to my skin. Feels light going on and is non-drying. It has anti aging properties in the formula which is always my go to when looking at skin care. Tip: Best put on with a brush opposed to your fingers.

on 11/20/2011 1:18:00 AM

I love this product. I have combination skin and use Retinol which leaves my face a mess of dry patches. My skin is sensitive and prone to breakouts. This product evens out my tone, hydrates, gives me a great glow and spf 50 to boot. I can skip moisturizing and using sunscreen by using this daily. The only small issue is that it turns me as red as a tomato which made me worry about irritation but that settles almost immediately. This looks amazing under my makeup and lasts alllllll day.

on 1/3/2011 5:58:00 PM

I first tried BritePrep FX when I got a free sample from Shoppers. I instantly feel inlove with it, as I live in Canada and winters are harsh, the creaminess of the formula is great for winter! I then went on to purchase a full tube. I find it REALLY expensive for the amount you get, but I don't have to wear moisturizer when I have this product on so perhaps that would cut down cost per wear if its the only base you have on. I don't know how this product will be in the summer, probably wayyyy to oily but its a great winter find.

on 9/21/2010 2:08:00 PM

I bought this when I ran out of the regular Cover FX primer, which I love. The normal variety happened to be sold out at my local counter, so I decided to give this a try. HORRIBLE! First, like other reviewers have said, it's greasy, and the 'illuminating' feature just makes me look sick. But the absolute worst thing about this crappy product is that it makes your eyes sting, burn, and water. How are you supposed to apply makeup over a primer while you're crying into your bathroom sink? I have no idea why a primer would be made to avoid the eye area, considering you would want your concealer to stick to it. Probably the worst product I've tried in a very long time.

on 8/4/2010 9:11:00 AM

I received a sample of this from Sephora and was really looking forward to trying it, especially since it has a very high SPF. Unfortunately, as soon as I put it on, it started to sting and burn, and turned my face a bright red. I have had problems in the past with intolerance of certain chemical sunscreens, so this is probably the cause of my skin's bad reaction.

This is probably my first real HG product. It took me a few times to appreciate it though. To clarify, I don't wear foundation, only a bit of concealor where needed. I use primer to hide my pores, make my skin seem naturally flawless and help my blush stay. I have no colour luck with foundations or tinted moisturizers, but my skin is fairly even toned anyway.

When I first bought it, I thought it was thick, slimy and greasy looking. I'm very pale and sensitive to the sun, so a primer that is combined with sunscreen seemed like a godsend to me.
It cost $20cdn for a small tube (expensive since I use Quo primer that is $15 for twice the amount).
A little goes a long way with this. I use a small dollop and cover my whole face & eye area.
The key to this primer is you need a good setting powder! I am faithful to Maybelline's translucent mineral powder, but when I bought this I strayed to a Physicians Formula face powder, which was no good. It didn't mattify this at all and my face felt sticky. Ick. So this sat for some time before I picked it up again.
Once I bought my trusty face powder, this has become a lovely product! It is brightening but not shimmery which I like. I don't wear bronzer so my skin can seem very sallow and lifeless, highlight is a must!
This doesn't clog pores or make my skin seem shiny. I find it to be moisturizing as well. I have dry, clear skin, but someone with oily skin may have trouble with this one.
It spreads a little funny, you sort of need to work it in. It makes my skin look so great that frequently I can forgo concealor all together and wear just this, which is exactly what I wanted.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my hg summertime primer - how can you beat spf 50? I agree that it can get gross if you use too much - very little is needed. On days when I'm not wearing makeup it's great for adding protection and a touch of dewy to my complexion.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I expected to like this primer a lot more than I did. And to be honest, it's a great primer when it's not humid or real summer weather out. Spring, Fall, Winter, this will probably be my HG primer - but right now, when it's been humid for the past week, I do not like. And I'm dissapointed.

I have dry skin, some visible pores along my nose, and uneven skintone. My nose can get quite red in either extreme of weather. This product did 'brighten' and help to even my complexion (along the lines of Make Up Forever's HD Primer in #5 Blue), and left a nice dewey finish. I haven't had a reaction to the SPF, or breakouts of any sort on my skin from this - rashes, flaking skin, pimples.

However, this product does claim to increase wear time, and this is wear it loses one lippy (lippie?). I have dry skin, and rarely need to blot - even in Summertime. Never before have I had my makeup slip-off with any primer - even the comparitively 'greasier' GOSH Velvet Touch or Clarins Instant Smooth. With this, I had makeup slide off in the area between my nose and mouth/filtrum, and along the areas one would have a mustache. Within 5 minutes of stepping out in city humidity. Again, it should be noted, I have dry skin, and mostly just carry around blot papers in the off-chance someone else might need them. I can't imagine how well this would work with someone who actually had oily skin.

The consistency and bottle are not the greatest. It is extremely watery in texture, and even shaking up before use, I still notice there's always some product pooled in the bottom cap. I would prefer a pump, if possible, but beggars can't be choosers. Another lippie off for the packaging.

I did answer 'Yes' to rebuying, because of the SPF factor. The first week I used it, it was regular late Spring weather, and this product was great. To be honest, I will probably use this in Spring, Fall and Winter when I'm drier than I am now, and it's still warm (but not too hot) enough to walk around a lot. This, though, is just too prone to sliding off in humid weather, so I wouldn't reccomend to those with oilier skin who are expecting longer wear time for foundation, or to those in humid climates year round. So, for now, I'll have to go back to the tried and true broad-spectrum sunscreen under primer everyday. But come September, I will definately pull this one out again. Despite the less-than gangbusters - for humid and/or Summer weather - review.

ETA: 7/27/10. Not adding or removing from the amount of lippies, because though this helps the primer not slip off, this doesn't speak well for it's oil control/long-wearing makeup claims. A bit of Dr. Brandt's Pores No More Pore Refiner - which I'd just been using on my nose and inner cheeks - patted in the area between my lips and septum helps with the fading coverage, slipping and increased oilyness issue. Not a dealbreaker, but having to use another product to help with the extra oil does not speak well for it's increased wear claims.