September 1, 2014 | 1614 users online

Cleansers - Eve Lom - Morning Time Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2014 3:45:00 AM More reviews by RLB103

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used this product for a year and overall was pretty satisfied. The formula took at little getting used to, but I enjoyed the ritual of application, which probably has more to do with effects and success of this, than the formula.

I don't like products in tubs as I hate having lots of product under my finger nails and this was my one bug bear.

In the end I didn't buy this again because I felt it was too expensive and the results weren't outstanding.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2013 8:20:00 AM More reviews by CJCJ

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this and the one in the pot. Made to be used without a cloth, it rinses easily without leaving a residue. Great for dry skin during the winter and in the shower. No complaints.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2013 7:12:00 AM More reviews by mariannepilgaard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This cleansing balm is really comfortable on your skin and emulsifies easily and leaves your skin soft, clean and not dehydrated. The smell though... It smells very strongly, herbal (in a bitter, medicinal way) so if you are sensitive to odours check that you can stand the smell first. This cleansing balm does not have a permanent home with me...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by Hermanspottypants

The only advantage of the morning time cleanser compared to the original cleanser is the user friendly packaging. The squeeze tube is way better than a big pot.

The original cleanser is more effective at cleansing my face whether used with flannel, muslin cloth or clarisonic.
This shifted nothing off my face. End of story.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2013 7:11:00 AM More reviews by Laski

Even though this cleansing balm is expensive as hell, I would seriously consider buying it. Even though I´m not a fan of its faint slightly medicinal smell, it feels seriously luxurious massaging it on my skin - it has a gorgeous, slippery, oil-gel-like texture, perfect for a little face massage. As the instructions say, I leave it on my skin for a coule of minutes, and then I just rinse with water. When I first applied it, I thought it wouldn´t rinse off easily and I would have to get the help of a muslin cloth or a second cleanser - but no such thing! It rinses very easily without leaving a trace of residue. My face feels clean, but extremely comfortable, and has a pretty glow to it - not oily or somehow artificial - just nice and clean and healthy. I just have a sample and I will be missing it when it´s gone. I have to save a bit to get a regular size. And it´s worth noting that you just need VERY little per application - my sample lasted me all week now, even though at first I thought I will get 3 uses at most out of it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by dontmakemeupgur

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am not sure what the difference is between this and the regular product but I do enjoy it. I also don't know what makes it for the am but hey, who cares as long as its good.

I am not currently using this because I have a protocall dialed in but I do recommend it if you are looking for a different cleanser.

It isn't supposed to be a strong wash that "removes Makeup" so I guess thats why is is an am wash. That makes sense.

I like to use a cloth and really scrub with this stuff to exfoliate the skin and get that freshness. I really let it sit for a while (1-2 minutes) and then wash off and I used to get good results without the stinging feeling.

I really liked this stuff and the way it feels just brings me zen. Recommend giving it a try. Gets my seal of approval

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by peekachoo

lovely cleanser if you are looking for a balm.
Much prefer this to the original eve lom as it is easier to use, not as messy, greasy and involved and still gives great results.
Perfect for time saving too, i put it on and leave it while i brush my teeth then rinse off.
Gently exfoliates without drying and smell lovely too. A real treat.
Nice neat, clean no fuss packaging too.
Wish it was a bit cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2013 9:58:00 AM More reviews by charlies04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have avoided using the original Eve Lom cleanser for many years, despite the beauty industry hype, after having already tried a similarly industry praised cleanser - Liz Earle's Cleanser and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser and realizing that muslin cloth cleansing is just too much hassle for me. This version, however, is designed to be more convenient, quick and easy to use, hence the named 'morning time' cleanser.
If you are not used to the original version (just like me) then the first thing that may hit you about this cleanser is the very strong, though not unpleasant, aromatic smell. The directions for use say to 'warm a small amount of cleanser between hands and use circular movements to massage it onto dry skin. Leave the cleanser on the face for 2-3 minutes and then rinse off with water'. What I really like about this cleansing balm is that it leaves my skin looking and feeling noticeably moist rather than chapped or tight, especially around the eye area. This cleanser makes a very effective eye make-up remover - very much on the same level as Shu Uemura's cleansing oils. And even though this product is named 'Morning Time Cleanser' it is a really just a quick and easy cleanser for anytime of day and good for make-up removal. It is lightly exfoliating and very kind to my faint remains of acne even more so than the Yes To Carrots cleanser that I have been using prior to this, so I would say this is a good one for sensitive skin types.
I now tend to alternate use of this with other cleansers as even though I like the fact this leaves my skin moist i'm not a total fan of the 'dewy' look.

Ingredients: HYDROGENATED POLYDECENE, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, SODIUM COCOYL GLUTAMATE, LANOLIN OIL, STEARYL ALCOHOL, CETEARETH 20, PHENOXYETHANOL, PAPAIN, CHAMOMILLA RECUTITA (MATRICARIA) FLOWER OIL, HUMULUS LUPULUS (HOPS) CONE OIL, EUCALYPTUS GLOBULUS LEAF OIL, EUGENIA CARYOPHYLLUS (CLOVE) LEAF OIL, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, BETA-CAROTENE, DAUCUS CAROTA SATIVA (CARROT) ROOT EXTRACT, DAUCUS CAROTA SATIVA (CARROT) SEED OIL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2013 4:57:00 PM More reviews by ceen

Superb. Gentle, non-oily balm that cleanses, tones and exfoliates perfectly. Skin is intrinsically transformed after 3 days: clarified, balanced and dewy. No going back!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2012 6:43:00 PM More reviews by fikins123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Very similar to the original balm just without the granules, love the original balm and this is also a lovely cleanser!