Sally Hansen Dry Kwik Nail Color Dryer

3.0

I was in search of something to dry my nail polish since the SH Insta Dri Drops were seemingly discontinued. Anyway, I love this product and have repurchased several times. I apply this over my top coat (SH Insta Dri in the red bottle), and within moments, my polish is set.

on 4/30/2013 5:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I am obviously one of those people who didnt know this would make my fingers oily. Feels healthy though! (keyboard not looking so good).... however I can very quickly go about my business now my nails are all done! Although I didnt put a topcoat on before this, thinking I could after, not realising the extreme oiliness. So not sure if my nail polish will still last....guess I will wait a few days and update my review if need be.

Ok - off to wash my hands! Would purchase again though, feels nice!

on 2/3/2013 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I don't use this as a stand-alone top coat; instead, I put it on after a top coat to seal everything in (high maintenance, much?) and make everything dry to the touch. Works perfectly; everything's dry and unsmudgeable within minutes. Would recommend.

on 12/23/2012 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Um, Im not sure abou this because the brush was actually very cheap, I had to dip it in several times because it would split in half. Im actually wearing it right now and its all over my computer. I dont know if my nails are dry because its so oily, and I need to use a topcoat. But It did speed up the dry process and it mouisturizes my cuticles. :|

on 9/5/2012 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

No issues, does exactly what its supposed to do. I'm surprised that other reviewers weren't aware that many quick drying products include mineral oil. It's the best way to set your polish. As soon as I've finished my base coat, 2 or 3 coats of color, and top coat, I brush on the Dry Kwik. Literally within moments, the nails are completely "finished." I run my hands under cold water to set the color and gently pat my hands dry. Voila: perfect manicure. Works every time for me, no exceptions.

on 7/1/2011 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

this product works as it says for me. i prefer it to a spray. it is really thin and watery so you do have to be careful of what you touch after you use it but it does speed drying in my opinion. i use it even when i'm not in an immense rush. the one thing i'm not sure about is if it pics up the color of one shade and drags it into another if you're doing a design on your nails as i have been lately. i don't think it would since the brush stays clear and there's no color but i've only used it when i have a single shade on my nails, no designs.

on 10/29/2010 10:50:00 PM

This is totally useless and irritating. The thin stiff brush, ruins my NP. And the stuff feels strangely oily. I checked it out, there is mineral oil in the ingredient. Why would I want to spend money on a small bottle of expensive mineral oil that comes with a horrid brush.

I happened to have Insta Dri drops, which comes with a dripper. Hence now I just attach the dripper to Dri Kwik and use the dripper instead of the brush. This is my cheap alternative to Insta Dri drops. Personally I love Orly's In a snap better, but for some reason Orly is extremely expensive in my country .

on 9/22/2010 3:12:00 AM

I use this over my china glaze and it works. If I use it with my sally hansen items it will not dry. Or with most other polishes. I don't think it's useless as some have said. But I will not be reaching for this all the time unless I am wearing china glaze.

on 3/16/2010 8:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

totally useless product. I swear it actually kept my polish from drying and therefore allowing smudges, etc. if you want an excellent polish drying solution try Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Drops.

on 10/3/2009 11:38:00 PM

I'd give this a product a 0 if I could. I have this in bottle form, it resembles a bottle of nail polish. This product promises to dry your nails "kwik" and prevent dings and smudges after you paint your nails. On the contrary! The moment the "brush" (a few thick stiff plastic bristles) hit my nails, they were dinged. The oil spreads everywhere (it promises to condition your cuticles, I haven't gone that far because my manicures are always destroyed after using this product and I have to remove everything with acetone) and drips all over the place. A while later, I moved around and destroyed my nail polish when I hit a few things (drawer handles, etc). Worst product ever.