LUSH Plantational Shampoo

3.5

on 4/1/2005 12:05:00 PM

Wow! What a wonderful smell! Liek oranges and plums (with a hint of henna of course). Henna paste ensures you get those shiny, red glints in dark hair. My hair has been very shiny since using this a week ago. Scalp feels clean and no sign of flaking scalp as I sometimes get. So easy to use, too. Just use like a normal shampoo. A few red/burgundy glints are coming thru and I'm really pleased.

on 8/17/2003 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Lathers up nicely, but didn't really do anything special for my hair (no noticeable reddish sheen as it claimed) --- disappointing.

on 4/24/2003 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

As with the Buddha Bar, I was skeptical at first -- a solid shampoo? With no conditioner? On my dry, curly hair? Yes, yes, and yes! I was scared when I got out of the shower -- my hair was squeaky, which I usually think of as a bad sign -- but it worked well, made my hair full of body, and now, a week or so into using it, my hair is a richer brown than it was when I started. I love the scent, but for those put off by hippie-ish smells, don't worry -- it doesn't linger.

on 4/14/2003 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This solid shampoo smells of spices and oranges. Its made of red henna to help those who use lush's les cacas keep the color of their hair. It did keep my hair looking redder but the fact remained that it did not help any in taming my dry hair. I have to use loads of conditioner to keep my hair down. Overall, a great product just make sure you use a lot of conditioner afterwards.

on 4/14/2003 9:00:00 PM

I love this stuff.. No, it doesn't have the best smell in the universe - but after using this, everything else smells so fake. My hair actually styles better when I use this - and I love the subtle red highlights from the henna.

on 4/7/2003 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I HATED this shampoo bar. I have long, thick, coarse Asian hair and it made my hair the opposite of shiny, silky and soft. No matter how much I rinsed and how much (or how little) product I used my hair felt dirty and strangely sticky after using this and hung limp and unhappy. Actually my hair looked dirty after using this! YUCK! In addition, I looked up the primary ingredient sodium lauryl sulfate and it turns out most shampoos don't contain this anymore as it's very drying and can cause scalp irritation and flakes! Since all LUSH's solid shampoo bars are made with sodium lauryl sulfate I'd say sensitive, dry scalped girls should stay away!

on 3/31/2003 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I tried the solid shampoo version of Plantational, and it was just awful. First of all, the bar doesn't look very appetizing, it's dark brown and muddy-looking. Secondly, it smells just awful. It's kind of an organic smell, like sour-smelling soil or something like that. Third, I don't feel like it cleaned very well. I have gone through several Trichomania bars and been happy with them. Overall, this was not a good experience. I'm glad I swapped for this and did not buy it. Yuck!!

on 3/23/2003 12:12:00 AM

I love solid shampoos. The only flaw is storing them when your done. I used this one after an Arabian Bright treatment and OO LA LA, great looking hair. Don't smell this one with your nose, but don't worry, it didn't leave my hair smelly nasty. Somehow the scent transpires into something different when on the hair. It added great depth and highlights to my already color treated hair. My hair smelled great and felt soft (ran out of conditioner). I use one of my other shampoo bars normally and save this for the days I do the Arabian Bright pre-wash.

on 2/10/2003 7:54:00 PM

After reading some negative reviews I was a bit hesitant. But so far I've been very pleased ! I haven't experienced any of that "grittiness" that some people have described. It lathers really well ( just make sure your hair is very wet ) and leaves my dark brown hair shiny with extra depth and auburn highlights. The smell isn't that bad to either. Kinda "earthy" but better then the Okra condition in my opinion.

on 1/21/2003 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was uncertain of this product when it got to my home. I smelled the gritty brown bar and thought that it was a bit earthy. Who would have thought something so ugly and odd smelling would work SO well. This one is not only for brunettes..I'm a redhead and I love it. It made my winter-dulled hair shiny and my copper highlights were back in three uses. Also, it doesn't weigh my fine hair down or make my curls go frizzy!