October 30, 2014 | 1724 users online

Eyeliner - Tarte - EmphasEYES waterproof clay eye shadow & liner

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2014 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Hellany

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

As an eyeliner, it didn't work out for me. But I got the copper and used it as an eyeshadow and it lasted all day, even without a primer. It's fast and looks very pretty with my eyes. I wouldn't consider it a staple but I would buy it again because it's the only thing that stays on during those hot summer months.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/30/2014 3:31:00 AM More reviews by pluke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Maybe it is my bad luck, but the one I got was so dry and hard as a stone, that I couldnt even apply it - the brush, the fingers, nothing was ok to take some of it out and apply to an eyelid. Finally I put in some eye-gel, that made the eyeliner a little bit smoother so I could try it on, but only with a "big" size of the brush, and so it worked just as an eye shadow. I would not recommend it as you never know if you buy a good one or a dried up one. In my case seems there is too much clay in it or something.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/31/2014 4:17:00 PM More reviews by LadyRenacorn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love it. After searching endlessly for an eyeliner that didn't give me 'coon eyes I had hoped this would be it.

Day 1: Smudgetown, Population, This girl.

What started out as the perfect (this stuff is creamy, matte and opaque from the start) ended in a mess. My boyfriend asked me if I was alright. If something was wrong.

Yeah, this eyeliner. It doesn't deliver (although the brush is kinda nice). Maybe great for others, but not for these oily lids.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 11:08:00 PM More reviews by Nancyazc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have tried many gel liners in my journey of perfecting the wing, and one day I received this gel liner in a swap because I wanted to try it out. It is super creamy and easy to manage. Also, very long lasting. The thing I really like about this that it last throughout the day, BUT it will easily come off with my PONDS cold cream makeup remover. The brush that it comes with is also superb. I'm already on my 2nd one!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 10:54:00 PM More reviews by Perfection91

I went into Sephora with the intention of purchasing the YSL gel eyeliner. But a sales associate recommended the Limited edition version of this eyeliner (its the same formula)
That one does not come with a brush, so I don't have an opinion on the brush, but this is one of the best liners I've had.

Makeup Forever liquid eyeliners are great, but its a pain removing them and it sometimes chips into my eyes and create allergies.
This liner is great because its potentially less irritating to the eyes.

Pigmentation is great for both Bronze and black color. The texture is very smooth and creamy for a gel liner, so its not very hard to draw a smooth line. but its not too creamy to show off as transparent.
It also sets at just the right time. I have some time before it sets to remove any mistake with a cotton swab, but it doesn't move or smudge when I'm done with the entire line.

I have not tried this without a primer, but this truly last the whole day on my Asian eyes. my eyes also get watery often but this withstood even the tears.

I use Clinique's eye makeup remover and I was able to remove it very easily.
I would definitely repurchase

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2014 10:29:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I think this eyeliner is fantastic because it simplifies the process of lining the eyes by a million times. I use the brush that came with it and it really does a good job of getting close to the lashline. I use the fine end for applying the gel liner and the thicker end for smudging and blending. I think this is the trick to using this liner and making it last. As far as waterproof goes, I managed to rub some liner off while scratching my eye, but I am content with the performance during the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by MariahB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

After searching for the perfect gel eyeliner, I broke down and tried Tarte EmphasEYES Waterproof Clay Eye Shadow & Liner (I did not think this was an eyeshadow until I wrote this review - nor would I ever use it for that).

I really really liked this liner. I was skeptical about the liner brush that it came with, but I ended up really liking it (not as much as the L'Oreal gel pot - review to come). I love how smooth the gel glides on, it is really easy to control the intensity, length and shape of the line (think cat eye).

I found this liner to be long lasting. It didn't fade throughout the day, which is a bonus. I also used this to line the inside of my lash line (very carefully).

I did like the product, but I'm not sure if I'd purchase again - Just because there are so many other gel liners to explore (at a far cheaper price).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 7:57:00 AM More reviews by kamberc94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I really liked the bronze one I got in the set. I use it on minimal makeup days with brown mascara and the tiny shimmer adds a little something to the look. Makes my blue/grey eyes pop.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2013 10:31:00 PM More reviews by joshquinto

Got this with the set and never used again after one time.. The one that i got has glitters and i dont like that in my gel liners.. Maybe i'll use it on a girls night out or something

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 3:33:00 AM More reviews by ibangal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Loves this eyeliner. I use it with my MAC 208 brush and the color glides smoothly when i tightline near my eyelashes. I got two of the color, black and brown. The best time, it did not smudge and lasts whole day. I had to thoroughly remove it with makeup remover at night.