April 17, 2014 | 1783 users online

Eyeliner - Tarte - EmphasEYES waterproof clay eye shadow & liner

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by MariahB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

After searching for the perfect gel eyeliner, I broke down and tried Tarte EmphasEYES Waterproof Clay Eye Shadow & Liner (I did not think this was an eyeshadow until I wrote this review - nor would I ever use it for that).

I really really liked this liner. I was skeptical about the liner brush that it came with, but I ended up really liking it (not as much as the L'Oreal gel pot - review to come). I love how smooth the gel glides on, it is really easy to control the intensity, length and shape of the line (think cat eye).

I found this liner to be long lasting. It didn't fade throughout the day, which is a bonus. I also used this to line the inside of my lash line (very carefully).

I did like the product, but I'm not sure if I'd purchase again - Just because there are so many other gel liners to explore (at a far cheaper price).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 7:57:00 AM More reviews by kamberc94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I really liked the bronze one I got in the set. I use it on minimal makeup days with brown mascara and the tiny shimmer adds a little something to the look. Makes my blue/grey eyes pop.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2013 10:31:00 PM More reviews by joshquinto

Got this with the set and never used again after one time.. The one that i got has glitters and i dont like that in my gel liners.. Maybe i'll use it on a girls night out or something

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 3:33:00 AM More reviews by ibangal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Loves this eyeliner. I use it with my MAC 208 brush and the color glides smoothly when i tightline near my eyelashes. I got two of the color, black and brown. The best time, it did not smudge and lasts whole day. I had to thoroughly remove it with makeup remover at night.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2013 12:24:00 PM More reviews by albs

I could not get this to work for me at all. Regardless of the brush I used with it I got a very thick and unattractive line on my eyelid that was just no good. I've tried to use it many times and each time have simply had to remove it. I've tried lining my upper water line with this but it doesn't stay- definitely not waterproof. I'll probably end up throwing it out soon, unfortunately.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2013 9:01:00 PM More reviews by Mollieismehehe

THIS IS MY FAVORITE LINER EVER. I really love the smooth look of liquid liners, but they can be hard to apply. This is the perfect inbetween. It's not a liquid or a pencil. It glides on so smoothly with the provided brush. It doesn't smudge and it stays forever!! It is the blackest black and looks amazing. It's not for beginners though, because you have to have a steady hand to apply it evenly. My only complaint is that after a few weeks it tends to dry out. It's not really dry though and you can add a little water to it. It's still usable and looks amazing. I have bought this 2 or 3 times despite the hefty price because it lasts a really long time and looks beautiful! would recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2013 6:01:00 PM More reviews by laurasmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is currently my favorite go to eyeliner. It's very creamy and easy to apply and it does not budge. I have black, bronze and my latest is green. This morning I used it as a shadow base like the Maybelline color tattoos and put a pretty shadow over it....awesome look! The brush you get with it is a really good brush too. One end lines and the other smudges. I can't say enough good things about this liner.

Upon closer inspection, this liner, as beautiful as it is, does not last all day. I don't know where it goes but it disappears. Very disappointed.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2013 12:35:00 PM More reviews by pelini

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't like this product. I found it to be less creamy than most gel liners and it tugged a lot, so I couldn't get a smooth line. I ended up returning it. I thought the staying power was decent. It also irritated my lids. If you are prone to contact allergies, the sales people at Sephora keep referring you to "natural" products and Tarte is one. But their eye products may not work for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2013 3:22:00 AM More reviews by teukbook

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. I haven't tried MAC or UD cream liners but I have tried almost every drugstore brand and MUFE. This is the absolute best for me. It has a slightly drier (like...clay?) consistency but is still very smooth. I'm not very skilled with eyeliner but I can always do a perfect job with this product because it is a little bit thicker. It is SUPER pigmented and an absolutely gorgeous black. The included brush is great for the smudging end, but I tend to use my bent liner brush from Coastal Scents to apply. It's hard wearing, too. Pencil and liquid liners can't stay on my lower lid for more than a minute because my eyes water a lot. This stuff still looks great when any other eyeliner product would have settled onto my cheeks. Although I'm tempted to try other gel liner products, I might stick with Tarte just because I know it works so well for my lids.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 3:00:00 AM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had very high hopes for this liner, but it was a total bust for me. The brush that it comes with is actually quite nice, and you can get a line that is very similar to liquid with the brush. However, the formula might be somewhat water resistant, but it is NOT waterproof; also, it is incredibly runny when it comes in contact with any type of oil. I don't have very oily eyelids, but as the day goes on a little bit of oil can collect near the outer corners of my eyes. This eyeliner ran MUCH more than any other liner I have tried, be it pencil, liquid, or gel. It is very black and pigmented, so it was very obvious that it ran. It also transferred from my upper lid to my lower lashline as the day wore on. I have had decent luck with both Inglot and L'Oreal's gel liners, and moderate luck with some other brands, but Tarte's has unfortunately been the worst one I have tried to date. In general, I love the brand Tarte, but their gel liner really is sub-par if you have even the slightest tendency toward oily lids. It gets 2 lippies for the brush though, that thing is amazing, and since I returned the liner to Sephora, I now have to find a similar one that I can buy separately.