E.L.F. Studio Blush in Gotta Glow

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Mica, Nylon-12, Magnesium Stearate, Silica, Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Polybutene, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491 , CI 77492 , CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow No.5 Lake (CI 19140), Red No.40 Lake (CI 16035), Ultramarine Violet (CI 77077), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090).

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I love this!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I was looking for a drugstore highlighter so I was thrilled when I saw this at Target. Compared to Albatross it is the same color but Albatross is much more creamy and shimmery. It is powdery thats why I apply it with a flat brush and tap it on with my brush, no swiping motion. It is not as shimmery as Albatross but that’s why I like it. It gives a very subtle glow/shimmer. I will repurchase it again when I run out.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

at $3 this is a stellar product. i owned nars albatross a long time ago. while albatross swatches as a more refined powder, on the face they are hard to tell apart. they both impart a golden glow that isn't too shiny or glittery. other highlighters on the market that i have are much frostier eg mary lou manizer and champagne pop. i like those highlighters for a different purpose. the elf gotta glow is not as frosty as those, but still can build up to a yellow gold glow on me. it looks polished on the skin for a fraction of the price of other highlighters.
the packaging is sleek and sturdy for the price point. all in all a lovely affordable product.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Swatching it with my finger onto my hand, it looks beautiful with its nice golden flecks. Applying it to the cheekbones though, it comes off really powdery. Seems to emphasize dryness too.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I picked this up in Target for $3. It's a champagne color that leans warm and to me it gives off more of a powdery look than anything else. Every single time I look in the mirror I expect to see a pretty glow and instead all I see is a dull powdery look to the areas that I applied it to. I get much better results with my Wet n Wild Reserve Your Cabana or if I really want an intense highlight on any area of my face I would choose to use the Cover Girl Eye Enhancers single eye shadow in the color Champagne and I would definitely recommend the Cover Girl shadow over this.

I've been eyeing this as a dupe for the Nars highlighter. I finally picked it up at Target for 3.00 and was pretty excited. Got it home and busted it open only to be sadly disappointed.

Packaging: Exactly like the Nars except not matte, which means no horrible finger prints all over it, and with the plastic viewer. 5/5

Product: Decently milled. Not finely by any means, but decent. It doesn't show huge specks of glitter in the pan which is another plus. When brushed upon the product releases a lot of powder and product that builds up in the corners.

Use: When applied to my skin which is N10 in Cover Fx and N15 in Mac with no yellow undertones, it disappears pretty easily. However I have yet to find a brush that applies it evenly or in a way that it shows up on my skin. The first time I applied it I saw it pop on one cheekbone like BAM but when next applied it didn't show at all. It was like there was just the coating on top that got used up at once.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

PROS

- pigmented
- beautiful glow
- affordable

CONS

- a little powdery

COMMENTS: Looks exactly like Albatross, but the textures are obviously different. NARS has a smoother, silkier consistency. This one feels more dry and is a little powdery, but once it's on I can't tell the difference between the two. This can look very yellow, so use sparingly and just make sure to blend well.

Will repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Can I get a big "HELL YEAH!!" this is exactly like Nars Albatross (I have Albatross & like 5 Gotta Glows [backups of my beloved Gotta Glow!])...I thought this mythical fabled creature did not exist until I ordered off elf's website. Then I ended up finding it at a Target but anyways 1 of my gotta glow's ended up pulverized in transit so elf replaced it AND gave me a $5 gift card--can't go wrong w customer service like that! And even thou it may be kinda slow shipping on elf's website (typically at least a week+), it's so worth it! Gotta Glow is sold out a lot on elf's website but they restock frequently. I also love to support a cruelty-free brand. I'm champagne tastes on a beer budget but luckily I don't have to buy Nars anymore & a lot of other elf blushes are dupes for Nars. Nothing I like better than the satisfaction of finding a good dupe! I love saving money. I am on a major beauty budget. If I can find a good dupe I stock up when I see it. I collect highlight/contour of all diff kinda brands. This is a beautiful silvery shimmery highlight that doesn't look too OTT. Highlighters I own run the gamut from UD Nakeds Illuminator (on me a glitter bomb) to Hourglass Ambient Light, this is somewhere in the middle. It can be taken from day-to-night.

This is the exact colour of NARS however the powder is chalky and not very finely milled. The finished look is great in pictures but close up it really enlarges the look of pores and is a bit chalky. For the price however it is great if you are looking for a first time highlighter however I shall be investing in a more finely milled powder next time.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Believe it. This is absolutely identical to Nars Albatross highlighter at a fraction of the price. Gives a beautiful glowing highlight to the skin. I have a ton of high end highlighters yet I reach for this again and again. Its $3.00. Try it if you're looking for a subtle, golden glow.