E.L.F. Studio Blush in Gotta Glow

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Mica, Nylon-12, Magnesium Stearate, Silica, Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Polybutene, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491 , CI 77492 , CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow No.5 Lake (CI 19140), Red No.40 Lake (CI 16035), Ultramarine Violet (CI 77077), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090).

on 7/11/2015 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

PROS

- pigmented
- beautiful glow
- affordable

CONS

- a little powdery

COMMENTS: Looks exactly like Albatross, but the textures are obviously different. NARS has a smoother, silkier consistency. This one feels more dry and is a little powdery, but once it's on I can't tell the difference between the two. This can look very yellow, so use sparingly and just make sure to blend well.

Will repurchase.

on 4/26/2015 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Can I get a big "HELL YEAH!!" this is exactly like Nars Albatross (I have Albatross & like 5 Gotta Glows [backups of my beloved Gotta Glow!])...I thought this mythical fabled creature did not exist until I ordered off elf's website. Then I ended up finding it at a Target but anyways 1 of my gotta glow's ended up pulverized in transit so elf replaced it AND gave me a $5 gift card--can't go wrong w customer service like that! And even thou it may be kinda slow shipping on elf's website (typically at least a week+), it's so worth it! Gotta Glow is sold out a lot on elf's website but they restock frequently. I also love to support a cruelty-free brand. I'm champagne tastes on a beer budget but luckily I don't have to buy Nars anymore & a lot of other elf blushes are dupes for Nars. Nothing I like better than the satisfaction of finding a good dupe! I love saving money. I am on a major beauty budget. If I can find a good dupe I stock up when I see it. I collect highlight/contour of all diff kinda brands. This is a beautiful silvery shimmery highlight that doesn't look too OTT. Highlighters I own run the gamut from UD Nakeds Illuminator (on me a glitter bomb) to Hourglass Ambient Light, this is somewhere in the middle. It can be taken from day-to-night.

on 2/23/2015 7:13:00 AM

This is the exact colour of NARS however the powder is chalky and not very finely milled. The finished look is great in pictures but close up it really enlarges the look of pores and is a bit chalky. For the price however it is great if you are looking for a first time highlighter however I shall be investing in a more finely milled powder next time.

on 1/24/2015 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Believe it. This is absolutely identical to Nars Albatross highlighter at a fraction of the price. Gives a beautiful glowing highlight to the skin. I have a ton of high end highlighters yet I reach for this again and again. Its $3.00. Try it if you're looking for a subtle, golden glow.

on 12/28/2014 4:23:00 PM

Straight up albatross dupe. Side by side comparison is exact.

on 12/26/2014 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Beautiful highlighter - never tried NARS Albatross but this (appears to) give the same beautiful yellow toned golden glow. VERY pigmented and also very powdery (but not so much chalky) Snagged this for $1.50 off the ELF website, as I've never seen this shade in-store. Never dropped the packaging at all, but I guess the snapping of the compact has caused some of the powder to crack.

on 9/25/2014 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am very surprised with this blush and glad I stumbled across it before finding NARS Albatross. It is an obvious dupe. Even the packaging is very similar. I use it as a highlighter and setting powder underneath my eyes. I am most surprised with its staying power. I can go through an 8 hour work day and it is still there. I seems to blend decently as well. It does have a very frosty and shimmery look to it, so a little goes a long way. Overall, I am happy with it and will probably use it all. Maybe after it's gone, I will try Albatross to compare.

on 9/21/2014 7:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I am not particularly keen on this product. I had read that it is a very close dupe for Albatross, which I have not tried but heard glowing reviews of. So of course I was eager to try it. Personally, I find the undertone to be far too golden for my taste. Despite this it is not at all a bad product. The powder is very finely milled, the packaging is fantastic, and it leaves a lovely glow that is not at all glittery. I can definitely see this being something some others might like. So I will not repurchase this when I run out, but I will finish it off. If ELF were to produce a similar product with a more silver undertone, I would definitely be interested.

on 7/9/2014 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I had been eyeing NAR's Albatross blush for the longest but just couldn't justify the $30 price tag so I settled for this. Gotta Glow is a GREAT highlighter for medium/dark skin tones and a little goes a long way. I didn't find it to be chalky at all and it had a very nice gold sheen. A little dab of your angled foundation brush is really all you need. Brightens the face! Well worth the $3.00.

I LOVE this product!! Following the discontinuation of my HG highlighter (& subsequent despair, lol) I have been on the search for a powder highlight for my upper cheekbones. One after the other, high & low end alike, have been thrown on the 'no good' pile. Then I stumbled across this! Whilst it's still not EXACTLY 'right', it comes pretty close. Using a fan brush, I gently press the product along upper cheekbones & up onto my temples. I then buff it out with a medium stipple brush, achieving a gorgeous, slightly golden glow. My only complaint would be that it can get slightly 'glittery' if too much is applied, when I'm looking for a 'sheen'. It is also quite powdery, so a light tap of the brush before application is ideal. But overall, love the colour, love the packaging & love the price! Great highlight powder & will definitely repurchase! :)