December 22, 2014 | 908 users online

Polishes - Rimmel - Bare Naked

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2013 1:56:00 AM More reviews by jjmacdon

hated this colour - looks like a bandaid. I have very fair skin, and after 2 coats it gave me "mannequin hands" and I couldn't get over how it was the exact same colour as the bandaids in my first aid kit. My husband noticed my nails and said he hated the colour too. I also don't like the flat brush - less control than with a regular brush like OPI, as I had to always make sure I was gripping the brush handle to make the bristles flat or it wouldn't apply properly.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2012 6:19:00 PM More reviews by onenimi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I am not a nail polish person but I love this one.
I suck at putting on nail polish - always get it on my skin around the nail, streaks, etc - but this is sooo easy to put on and comes out smooth.
I love the color. It seems light at first, like I put nothing on, but it dries to a noticeable but barely there nude-ish tan with a slight shimmer.
I would strongly recommend this anyone who doesn't usually wear nail polish and for people who are looking for a basic nude to wear everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by JanaFae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro in Bare Naked is everything I'd hoped for. I've been wearing it for nearly a week, 3 coats sandwiched between a one layer on top and one on bottom of Sally Hanson Hard As Nails Advanced. I'm pleased to find no chipping except on the first finger and thumb of my right hand, which I'm not shocked about, since it's my dominant hand, and thus, I use my right hand to do pretty much everything.

The color is a stunning, barely shimmery, pinky nude tan, which seems to dry a tad darker than it looks in the bottle. It compliments my warm toned skin really well, and I've also used it on my toes, also 3 layers, though I doubled the basecoat on the toenails just to even out the painting surface... somehow, the color looks slightly more nude tan on my toes, but not in a bad way.

I'm trying to google more photos of people wearing other Rimmel colors, as their website has VERY unhelpful color swatches that are obviously not true to the actual colors. Hopefully I'll find more colors I like, since I'm sold on the quality of their laquers!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2012 10:05:00 PM More reviews by ashleyanders

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

* First impressions review, will update when I've used it more often!

What it Claims:
"Professional polished perfection for flawless up to ten-day colour and shine...Lasting Finish Pro Nail Enamel creates a smooth and super glossy finish for up to 10 days of maximum colour impact and shine...The formula is ultra flexible and long wearing with superior shock absorption and chip resistance. The Mistake-Free Pro brush features a wide angled brush for a fast and mistake-free professional application. With more than 800 fine textured bristles, the brush is designed to adapt to any nail shape and require less strokes to apply, while delivering a super smooth finish and truly streak-free results."

Claims - True or False?
1) Up to 10 days of wear: To be determined.
2) Smooth and super glossy finish: True..
3) Chip resistance: To be determined.
4) Fast and mistake-free application: True.
5) Streak-free results: True.

Packaging:
Comes in a square glass bottle, completely clear in colouring, and a black cap. The cap is quite long and narrows toward the tip, and has a small crown on the top. The plastic used for the cap is slick, meaning it has less grip. It's not a huge problem, though. The brush is on the larger side, although not as wide as the OPI brushes, while also thinner and more rectangular. The plastic that holds the brush is not rounded, but instead flattened on both sides, making it easy to remove any residual polish from its sides before using.

Consistency:
This is a very pretty pinky apricot shade. As my skin is quite fair, even one coat darkens my nails quite a bit compared to my skin. It could be considered a nude, but I feel that there's just a bit too much peach/orange; as mentioned in an earlier review, the colour on the nail dries down a bit lighter and more peachy/apricot-y than the colour in the bottle, which definitely looks more nude. Bare Naked is a sheer polish, probably the sheerest in the line that I've purchased so far. Three coats works best to get the most opaque coverage without getting thick, but it will likely not cover the nail 100%. I found that the colour wasn't completely even with the 2nd coat, but it wasn't an issue once I finished the application. I don't love the sheerness, but it doesn't bother me too much, as it creates the opportunity to just swipe on one coat for a healthy and natural dose of colour to the nails. It would potentially work well for layering as well. The formula comes with Rimmel's standard fine silver/white shimmer, which is really only obvious when close to the nail; it helps to give the polish a really nice and subtle sparkle without the nail looking too done-up. The consistency is on the thinner side, runny but not watery. I had some issues with the colour flooding the cuticles.

Wear Time:
Will update (although because my nails are quite short due to some paint-nails-too-often damage, I will likely hold off on posting concrete results until my nails are much healthier and I can try the polish out again).

Bang for your Buck:
This polish cost about $6.00CAD for 0.45oz or 13.3ml. Prices will vary from store to store, averaging between $5 and $7. While some of my other polishes contain more product, the amount given for the amount paid is good, and for some one or two coats may be more than enough.

Final Consensus:
This is a very pretty natural colour, great for warmer skin-toned gals looking for a nice light shade to play up the warmth in their skin. I agree with earlier reviews, it's a wonderful polish to apply when your nails/hands are just not wanting to cooperate and may not look their healthiest. Definitely seems like a polish I'll grab when I want a quick polish change but can't decide on what type of colour to go for!
- Pros: Cheap, perfect amount of fine shimmer, buildable, fantastic brush, easy-to-find, creates a very healthy-looking nail, smooths over the nail fairly well, one coat gives a smooth wash of colour to help brighten the nail.
- Cons: Can take a while to dry, takes more coats if you want a truly opaque finish, experienced some flooding issues, colour dries with a slightly different tone to it than in the bottle (not a con for me, but may be for others)

Overall Rating: 4.5/5
Price: 1/5
Packaging Quality: 3/5
Would you buy this product again: Yes

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2011 5:37:00 PM More reviews by lrigtnahpele

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this nail polish!

It is my go-to nude. The colour is close to my natural skintone with a hint of peachy pink. It makes my fingers look really long and feminine without looking like I put foundation on my fingers. The warm peachy pink tones are a perfect complement to my naturally tanned skin.

This colour is perfect for people who are in the process of growing out their nails or those who want to wear nail polish but always feel like their nails are ugly/too short/to stubby/etc for it. I don't know why, but this colour always makes my nails look nice no matter their state. Hopefully that made sense? I started wearing nail polish because of this colour. I used to think that nail polish made my hands look ugly. This made me change my mind :)

I can get it opaque in two coats, but one coat is very nice as well and looks very natural. You can still see the whites of your nail, but you'd have to pay attention to see it. The formula is nice and smooth and I love the fat and flat brush. Also, the square bottle is really cute and different.

I can't really vouch for the 10-day lasting power. My job is mostly manual labour so I chip it within 5 minutes of being at work and I've yet to have a 10-day break to test this out.

I would totally rebuy this..after I finish the 3 extra bottles I have stashed away lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2011 11:39:00 AM More reviews by alexaclarke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

This is a beautiful nude shade. I didn't find that this was a salmon colour at all, or that it changed colour after being exposed to the sun.
I needed 3 coats to get it completely opaque and with top coat it lasted about three days without chipping in my hectic lifestyle.

I love the brush! It's flat and allows for a more even coverage imo. I would definitely buy this again, it's the third colour I've brought from this Rimmel line and I can't wait to get more :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2011 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Noboho

I have my likes and my dislikes about this polish. The color in the bottle looks like the world's most perfect nude. When you first put it on it goes on quite sheer. After a few coats it looks perfectly opaque. I absolutely detest the brush! It is far too wide. I just wish it were narrower because my nails aren't particularly wide. When the polish is still wet on the nails, the color looks beautiful. When it dries however, there is a very noticeable peachy undertone. Others have described it as a salmon color. However you define it, I'm not a fan. It's certainly not horrid, but it makes me fall slightly out of love with that color I adored so much in the bottle. I doubt I'll repurchase. There are other nude nail polishes in the sea.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2011 8:40:00 PM More reviews by Kat2004

Very nice nude beige with a hint of pink. Looks great on my fair/medium skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 8:03:00 AM More reviews by msmurder

oh my god i have a polish addiction and let me just say that i always stick to wearing dark colored polish i.e. black :D but while looking at the rimmel section again yesterday at the store i found this gem. i just finished putting it on and i absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! it's a warmer nude color w subtle silver sparkles. it dried very quickly and wasn't streaky.
it goes so well with my skin tone (NC 40)
i will totally rebuy.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2011 12:27:00 AM More reviews by characterarc

Wonderful nude color on my NC25 skin. 2 coats gives you a slight sheer pretty salmon color. To me its more opaque than sheer, but there's still some sheerness to it... haha does that make sense? 3 coats intensifies the color to completely opaque salmon, but it no longer looks nude-ish on me. It's definitely a great shade for spring. Will repurchase.

EDIT: This is still a pretty shade, for about a day or two, until it turns into an ugly shade of light orange that resembles vomit. WTF? The formula is too goopy and applies unevenly and streaky.