July 28, 2014 | 961 users online

BB Cream - Skinfood - Agave Cactus Sun BB Cream SPF36 PA+++

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 9/6/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by gabyfer2309

HORRIBLE product!! It gave me like 3 or 4 white heads and a horrible pimple and I used it just once. =(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2012 5:22:00 AM More reviews by justilou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I really liked this one!!! It was sent as a sample with the GoodAfternoon Rose & Lemon BB cream, which is also great! I love the higher spf with this one, and I find that it applies smoothly and feels more hydrating. So far skinfood is winning over BRTC hands down!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2012 7:38:00 AM More reviews by Annamang

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I, for one, actually loved this BB cream. It was the first BB cream I tried and I honestly fell in love instantly.
It has a pleasant refreshing scent and gives a slight cooling sensation when applied.
This BB cream is a little on the heavy/thick side but it works well with dry skin and skin that only has light/mild acne. It didn't make me break out at all, infact it helped with my overall skin condition. I don't, however, recommend using the sponge as it's somewhat unhygienic.

This product worked well for me when I first applied small amounts as a concealer to needed areas, then by warming the rest in my palm applied to the rest of my face. This way, it didn't feel too heavy or thick.
You don't need to use any primer or concealer with this and it's quite moisturizing, gives a lovely dewy finish and adjusts to your skin tone nicely.
Love this and would buy it again :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2011 1:26:00 PM More reviews by Bchow1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Having tried most of the Skin Food BB creams, I'd have to say this one and Peach Sake are my favorite. I purchased this one in shade #1. I had no idea before that #1 was more yellow and #2 was more pink. So now that I know, I got this one in #1 to try it out. It is a thicker texture than the other skin food ones I've tried hence a bit more coverage. The color also worked for me which is another plus! My only gripe about this is the fact that it has a sponge applicator. When I use this, I twist off the top and just squeeze the product out of the tube onto my hand as opposed to squeezing it out onto the sponge and then applying on face.
Here is a pic of me wearing it:

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2011 12:44:00 PM More reviews by ladysonoma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Agreed with person below. This product is way heavy coverage. I put it on and was looking like a pancake face. Now the product smells nice and feels like good quality, but it did break me out a little in white heads.

I agree with other poster about the peach sake because the tinted moisturizer is a better option for me. Plus I like the natural look.

One thing I could NOT do was put this bb cream on top of moisturizer on my face. Sort of like the thin layer that forms on top of warm milk, the agave bb cream form little skin layers that had to be peeled off. The moisturizer I experienced this with is the peach sake emulsion and then I tried the grape seed emulsion (also from skinfood) to see if it would go on more smoothly but it didn't.

Anyway, if you like heavy foundation, then this is great. However, I had a hard time putting powder on top of this cream. I also had a hard time blending it into my skin. This stuff is thick thick thick. If you need serious coverage and are tired of thin bb creams (which I'm not yet, lol), then this agave is for you.

In consideration of "different strokes for different folks," I give this a 3. I can't deny that the cream is good, but its just not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2010 6:29:00 AM More reviews by syasya83

I remember using this bb creams in the past. It is thick, moisturizing and has a cooling effect. It also has heavier coverage comparing to the peach sake bb cream. I use shade #2 and has has really neutral undertones. I prefer peach sake for minimizing the pores, controls oil esp my t-zone. The peach sake also has more of yellow, peachy undertones so it suit my skin better. 40 ml is pricey coz i can get a high end foundation with spf that has better coverage. Its best applied with sponge wedge.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2010 7:57:00 PM More reviews by cakie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First of all, i did not purchase this one. I got a few samples of this one when i was shopping @ the skinfood store @ korea last month. Just tried it for the first time last Sunday. The instant feelings once it got on was WOW... so thick and sticky. Didn't like it at all. The coverage is on a pretty heavy side IMHO. I think i got too used to tinted moisturizer. So it felt quite uncomfy once I put it on. Though my face didn't seems to be that oily throughout the day and the spf36 (IIRC...) is really good for such a hot summer in nyc. The color is one shade only i believe. I'm a shiseido 040. I used MUFE green primer underneath with this, and my face looked a bit too *light* than what i would have liked. Overall, not bad, but not my cup of tea.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2010 11:23:00 AM More reviews by hikuto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

My HG BB cream! I love this bb cream for various reason.
This BB cream has a thicker texture in comparison to other Skin Food BB creams, but the finish is more sheer and it feels lighter on the skin. The fact that it has SPF36 PA+++ is great for summer.

Another thing that made me like it so much was the shade as it matched quite well unlike my aloe one. The BB cream comes in two shade #1 brightening and #2 natural. I use #2 and it doesn't seem to have much of a red undertone (generally #2 has a red undertone, aloe BB cream being the reddest making my face quite pink) and blends into my skin quite nicely. As it has agave cactus in it its also quite hydrating as I have found that it has helped my oily nose which lacks moisture as the skin would flake a bit (its kind of strange but I notice how it has white bits of skin). In terms of oil control its quite average, other than my nose which is a lost case the rest of my face looked quite fine throughout the day after setting with loose powder and I rarely need to blot/reapply powder my face other than my nose area.

The only down side is the package. As pretty as it is its a little hard to squeeze the product out as the plastic is quite hard. I don't like the sponge tip as I don't think it seems quite hygienic :'D (But my friend actually liked it a lot and said it saved her more product) Instead I like stippling this onto my face as it gives a more even finish, where as with a traditional foundation brush it works fine, but due to the thick texture I find it not as easy as stippling.

It also saddens me that there's only 40ml where as my aloe one had 50ml and cost less. Then again it does have a much higher spf. But I know its also a lot cheaper in Korea than it is in HK >_< I suppose if you know someone going to Korea do get them to help you get them there =D

For reference I use shu uemura foundation in 764, it should be around NW25-30ish in Mac (not too sure) for #2. I forgot what #1 was similar to :'D