July 24, 2014 | 1296 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Spectrum+ Face Advanced Sunblock Lotion SPF 55

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2011 3:10:00 AM More reviews by becaboo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I found this on sale at Big Lots and seeing how Neutrogena's new lines of sunscreens are pretty pricey, I thought I'd give it a go. I've been using their sunscreens for the past two years or so and have been fairly content with them. However, this one caused me to break out on my face and chest and was so thick it made my skin feel trapped and just...claustrophobic! I'm switching to a lighter face sunscreen for my face and will just use this one up on my body for summer. It's pretty thick so I trust it for protection on my arms and legs but it's not going anywhere near my face! I'm very concerned about skin protection and liked that it's helioplex and full spectrum, but i'm looking elsewhere for something better :/ :)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2010 5:31:00 PM More reviews by lilchristine

ok so i bought this cause it had alot of spf in it. but you have to use ALOT of product to cover just a leg. and it says its waterproof, but the moment you get in the water it turn white and comes off. it says to apply 15 minutes before sunexposure. even when your not in water. it DOES NOT sink into your skin well. and will leave your skin white and sticky for the whole day. it does not clog pores which is good but i would not put it on my face because of its whitening affects. it says sweat proof but it turns white and does the same when you just in water. oil free.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/8/2010 2:30:00 AM More reviews by sunlee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this because I have been spending more and more time outdoors with a new energetic puppy who needs at least an hour/day of off-leash exercise.

Previously, I was using Mary Kay Timewise Day Solution SPF 25, which I really like because it's light, soaks in right away, doesn't leave a whitish cast, doesn't make me break out, and best of all, doesn't sting the eyes.

I decided to try the Neutrogena because of the higher SPF factor -- 55 -- hoping that it would still have all the advantages of the Mary Kay, but with a higher SPF. I'm sorry to report that I'm disappointed. The Neutrogena goes on thick and shiny, and despite a lack of zinc or titanium oxide, it definitely leaves a whitish cast. I have oily skin, that is also olive-complected, so those attributes are a no-no in my book. Plus, after a couple days of using this sunscreen (and no other change in my skincare routine, and it's not that TOM), I'm also noticing some pretty major blackheads on my nose, which I can only attribute to the sunscreen.

I'm going on a trip soon to Niagara Falls/Toronto region, so I'll bring this tube of sunscreen to use it up, but I will definitely not be repurchasing. In the meantime, I'm going back to Mary Kay SPF 25, but will be reapplying often throughout the day.