Johnson & Johnson Honey Apple Baby Wash

3.4

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I was tricked because it smelled like yummy red apples in the pump, but when lathered up the scent is very plastic. It takes literally 30 pumps to get a good shower out of it. On the plus side, it isn't drying - it's winter now, but my skin has stayed non-itchy and non-flaky while using this.

on 4/16/2013 1:25:00 AM

I bought this from Target to use as a face and body wash because I thought that it would be very gentle and soothing. I was dead wrong! It was the exact opposite. My skin became irritated and I developed a rash within a few days (especially on my face and arms). My dreams of achieving "baby soft" skin by using baby products were forever crushed.

Ingredients: Water, cocamidopropyl betaine, peg 80 sorbitan laurate, sodium trideceth sulfate, acrylates crosspolymer, glycol distearate, glycerin, phenoxyetheanol, fragrance, lauryl methyl gluceth 10 hydroxypropyl dimonium chloride, laureth 4, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, citric acid, propylparaben, tetrasodium edta, mineral oil, vitamin e, aloe vera leaf juice, sodium benzoate, apple fruit extract, honey

on 10/7/2012 3:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

*Very* nice cheap thrill. This body wash is rather thin, but lathers nicely and cleans well without stripping. (I don't find it moisturizing, but I don't feel the need to slather on a ton of moisturizer after using it, either.) I find the scent to be a very pleasant watery apple--I don't pick up any honey at all. Overall, I like it very much and will repurchase--next time the larger bottle with the pump.

PS--thanks to previous reviewers about it not removing antiperspirants well--a very important and useful tip, and why I love MUA reviews!

on 7/19/2011 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love using these baby products for bubble bath, so when I saw this new one I didn't even have to think about buying it. I brought it on my break at work and just had it sitting out and one girl smelled it and made everyone else working smell it! All the girls were raving about the scent! Really smells just fantastic.

on 5/18/2011 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I found this to be delicious. I will admit when I first took a whiff of it at the store, I thought it smelled sickeningly sweet or... well, I just wasn't sure if I'd like it. But then I read about how great it is as bubble bath (yes, I'm easily swayed - haha!) so I thought for a few bucks (plus I had a coupon), what did I have to lose? So now that I've tried it as a shower gel, I'm crazy about it! It lathers nicely, smells fabulous, rinses well - and cheap! Holy Cow! I love it. **the fragrance became too much for me...I guess it was too sweet after all.**Update - I ran out of shower gel the other day and started using this bc it was available...it's really pretty good! Super cheap, gentle, it's really a pretty good bargain!

I really like this wash a lot! the first thing my little girl said, who never comments about how her bath time soaps smell, said "mmmmmmmmmm!!! apples!!!". It was so cute. She keeps asking for the apple soap cause she loves it. I used it tonight for myself too and it left my skin feeling so soft and clean. Also, i like that the scent doesnt linger heavy on the skin. It's barely there and just fresh and sweet. I think this really does smell just like red apples with a hint of honey. It's yummy. I would say that if you are going to use this as your total body wash (for us grown ups) make sure you have some other soap in the shower too just to wash under your arms. As someone else said, it doesnt remove deoderant well at all. That's ok, i mean, after all this is meant for babies and little ones who need a gentle cleanser. I will buy again and reccommend.

on 12/31/2010 3:47:00 PM

PROS: Scent is okay. Pretty inexpensive. Not too drying, but still gives suds. Comes in a pump. I wouldn't really call this moisturizing, as their bottle does. But it is not drying either. Okay suds. Very nice scent.

CONS: Has mineral oil in it, so I don't use it for the face. As a BODY WASH, does not remove antiperspirant well.

ALTERNATES: For FACE WASH alternates, I prefer Paula's Choice Moisture Boost for my combination skin. For BODY WASH, Equate Age Resisting Body Wash (at Walmart) is much more moisturizing.

on 12/18/2010 2:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I bought this since I'm a sucker for J&J products. The smell to me is awesome. I know some people found it plasticy but I don't. It doesn't foam as much as I'd like though, but on the upside it's moisturizing. I've been using this for about 2 weeks and it has not made my eczema flare up, which is definately a plus! I'd recommend anyone who likes sweet smelling bodywashes to try this

on 12/18/2010 2:28:00 AM

on 10/7/2010 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

i bought this as a substitute for the Johnson's plain (yellow bottle) head-to-toe baby wash, which smell i dislike.

right before i bought the new Honey Apple version, another MUAer described its scent as smelling "like apple juice that's been sitting around." i bought it anyway, hoping that she'd be wrong. unfortunately, she was right. the smell is awful. artificial, plasticky, and like old apple juice. the "honey" part is barely detectable.

i took off 3 lippies because i bought it mainly for the scent and was sorely disappointed. if you end up liking the smell, i'm sure it'll be a great product for you, b/c it does the job just fine.

Top Rated Johnson & Johnson Products