July 28, 2014 | 2056 users online

Lipstick - Sephora - Rouge Cream Lipstick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 6:08:00 PM More reviews by macabremakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have this in Passion Red which is a deep red with purple. I love this shade. I was looking for a red that would look good with my coloring and this is what I left with. I don't regret it at all. The color can be worn sheer (tapped on over lip balm) or built up. Plus I love the fruity smell. It's familiar but I can't place what it is. This lipstick is creamy and moisturizing without needing a lip liner to keep it in place. I will definitely be picking up some more shades.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 1:38:00 PM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Purchased this lipstick in The Red. I was on the hunt for a good dupe for the NARS Velvet Matte pencil in Cruella since I'm on the last half of that lip color and don't want to use it up too quickly. I love the color, but I'm not ready to shell out another $26.
Finding this lipstick was a godsend. So many reds pull pink on me, which is not what I'm going for. I want a strong, bright, true red that doesn't pull orange or pink, but sits right in neutral territory. And this, like NARS Cruella, does exactly that.
Texture-wise, I quite like it. It glides on the lips effortlessly and then settles to a satin finish. I actually like the texture better than Cruella, as I feel the satin finish vs. totally matte lends more dimension to what can sometimes be a very unforgiving shade.
The formula wears very well for a few hours without much feathering or bleeding. There's transfer to my water bottle or tea mug, but the color stays well true. It also stains the lips a tad, so when the color finally DOES fade, it's not as obvious.
The packaging is great - hygienic, sturdy, simple, and elegant. I do wish the shade was printed on the bottom, rather than on a sticker on the actual inside tube, since over time, skin oils will break down the adhesive and the sticker will come off. Had I gotten a less common color, I'd likely forget the name ("The Red" is pretty easy, though). That aside, I love the packaging. The slight curvature of it and the true-to-color swatch at the bottom, with "SEPHORA" printed in silver along the bottom edge of the tube makes for a very elegant-looking package.
The price is extraordinary. $12 for something that I'd not even think twice about dropping $20 on? That's just terrific.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2013 12:17:00 PM More reviews by vuvie

I got this in:
It Girl 06 - muted coral tangerine

It is a redder coral with tinge of orange (and unfortunately too much blue). Very pretty and also very creamy. Staying power is not much but then again, that's the pay off with creamy lipstick. To get full lip opaqueness, always go for matte colours. I like this for not drying at all.

Transfer a lot. Hmmm....

Unfortunately for me, I don't like it cause there is way too much blue in this one and this happens to be the reddest of them all. I will stick to my Nars.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2013 7:02:00 PM More reviews by Nikki_L

I have this in crush. I love bold berries, and this is a smidgeon darker than MAC Rebel. I love colors like that. This is very creamy and moisturizing, however. I will definitely repurchase Sephora lipsticks in the near future.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2013 8:09:00 PM More reviews by sniffer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Courtisane: This is a deeply pigmented bright red, worked fine with my NC15-20 skin, the formula is fairly creamy but not long-lasting. You'll need a lip pencil with this (I don't with my MAC reds) as it can migrate. This is basically a classic red lipstick, worth it if you want a va-va-va voom mouth. Lipstick as it used to be, not the sheer hybrid gloss products that are everywhere today.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2013 3:31:00 AM More reviews by RedLipsBlackHair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in shade The Red. Beautiful shade of red and nice formula. I do prefer to blot cream lipsticks so they look as low-sheen as possible and this can take it without coming off. Wears well throughout the day without eating/drinking but depending on what I eat or drink it usually comes off lightly. The packaging is elegant, I love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2013 8:58:00 PM More reviews by BreannaLyneHall

I bought this in "crush". And it's an exact dupe of MAC rebel. I wouldn't re-purchase because with 4 more dollars I can just get the mac version which smells better and is more popular. I do like the way the sephora one applies, it's kind of matte. But that's all.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2013 3:05:00 AM More reviews by omgVitasoy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have the shades Valentine, Hot Spot, and Matchmaker (that's two reds and a nude), and they're all really great. It applies really smoothly and it doesn't dry out my lips afterwards, pigmentation is really good. If you want something better than drugstore lipstick but don't want to splurge on high-end brands just yet, this is a good in-the-middle product to try out. Not too pricey, and the quality is really good. Love the shade selection, too. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 10:58:00 AM More reviews by Chachitamariaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have about seven of these lipsticks and they're amazing. I would buy a sephora brand lipstick over a Mac brand anyday!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2013 12:29:00 PM More reviews by beachesatnormandy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I think the packaging on this is adorable. It's sleek and I love how their packaging corresponds with the item. I have this in Champagne and it looks great on my lighter warm toned skin. I have really dry lips and this product not only makes them feel less chapped, but it also hides the dryness. It is so smooth when you put it on. I have had problems with it coming off when I eat, but I expect that. It has a normal wear time of a few hours depending on your activities. For the price I really enjoy this line of lipsticks because they offer a HUGE variety of shades and textures.