Sephora Rouge Cream Lipstick

4.6

CASTOR SEED OIL, POLYBUTENE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE, C12-15 ALKYL BENZOATE, POLYGLYCERYL-2 TRIISOSTEARATE, NEOPENTYL GLYCOL DICAPRATE, PETROLATUM, MYRISTYL LACATE, YELLOW 5 LAKE, CANDELILLA WAX, IRON OXIDES, SYNTHETIC WAX, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYSUCCINATE, PPG-51/SMDI COPOLYMER, RED 7, ETHYLENE/PROPLENE COPOLYMER, STEARALKONIUM HECTORITE, OZOKERITE, FRAGRANCE, BLACK CURRANT SEED OIL, OLIVE FRUIT OIL, PROPLYENE CARBONATE, TOCOPHEROL, AMMONIUM GLYCYRRHIZATE, ASCORBYL PALMIATE

on 2/17/2015 9:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have this in Crush and it is such a lovely berry/ vampy colour!!

Been using mine for a few months and colour is great. It has a slight sheen to it. Colour looks different on my lips and my cousin's. It looked much more wine reddish on her but more purple on me.

The colour is a little darker than WetnWild's Sugar Plum Fairy which is a dupe for Mac's Rebel. Surprised that I dont see a lot of reviews online talking about how similar these colours actually are (Crush&Rebel, Crush&SugarPlumFairy).

Colour payoff is great, and I realised that as time passes the colour in the inner sides of my lips start to fade. But it creates a nice ombre, gradiation effect, so Im not complaining :)))

For a cheaper alternative: WetNWild's Sugar Plum Fairy. :)))

on 1/1/2015 9:54:00 AM

I have R17 named Mmm. It is a gorgeous mauve with a hint of lavender. Most shades in this family pull a touch brown or go too bright a pink. This is just the perfect no brainer everyday MLBB lip shade. Very pretty neutral. I thought maybe it was too close to shades I already have (Lovecraft, Faux), but it is unique. I am NW20 deep winter with almost black hair, brown eyes & mauvey lips.

on 12/31/2014 6:59:00 PM

This is the hidden gem at sephora. $13 for a very pigmented , moisturizing and good quality lipstick. I have been in and out of sephora at least a few hundred times and never thought to check their brand out. I am gonna get more colors in the future. Maybe try their lip glosses too. I got the passion red. It's deep sophiscated red that is very wearable. I don't know about the staying power but it's not something I expect out of a moisturizing lipstick.

on 12/23/2014 11:44:00 PM

I bought this lipstick in shade 19 Charmer. This lipstick is very moisturizing and stay on. I will buy more rouge cream lipstick line in more shades. Very pigmented for $12.50 love it.

on 10/20/2014 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I'm shade NC50 a ROUGE is one of my favorite lip colors. It's the only one I buy from the Sephora collection. Fir some reason I have tried the other shades in those moisture line and they are not as moisturizing.

on 9/13/2014 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Happen to be in Sephora one day and let me say Love it! I was tired of the drugstore brands not working at all anymore and didn't want to break the bank since I am on a budget and my friend saw the Sephora lipsticks and Wow! I settled on the Ingenuous Color R21.. Great for a nude lip that just glides on... And it does have great staying power thru coffee in the morning and water during the day.. The Price is spot on! Love it! Going to check out more colors for sure! Great Find!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have this in Passion Red which is a deep red with purple. I love this shade. I was looking for a red that would look good with my coloring and this is what I left with. I don't regret it at all. The color can be worn sheer (tapped on over lip balm) or built up. Plus I love the fruity smell. It's familiar but I can't place what it is. This lipstick is creamy and moisturizing without needing a lip liner to keep it in place. I will definitely be picking up some more shades.

on 1/17/2014 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Purchased this lipstick in The Red. I was on the hunt for a good dupe for the NARS Velvet Matte pencil in Cruella since I'm on the last half of that lip color and don't want to use it up too quickly. I love the color, but I'm not ready to shell out another $26.
Finding this lipstick was a godsend. So many reds pull pink on me, which is not what I'm going for. I want a strong, bright, true red that doesn't pull orange or pink, but sits right in neutral territory. And this, like NARS Cruella, does exactly that.
Texture-wise, I quite like it. It glides on the lips effortlessly and then settles to a satin finish. I actually like the texture better than Cruella, as I feel the satin finish vs. totally matte lends more dimension to what can sometimes be a very unforgiving shade.
The formula wears very well for a few hours without much feathering or bleeding. There's transfer to my water bottle or tea mug, but the color stays well true. It also stains the lips a tad, so when the color finally DOES fade, it's not as obvious.
The packaging is great - hygienic, sturdy, simple, and elegant. I do wish the shade was printed on the bottom, rather than on a sticker on the actual inside tube, since over time, skin oils will break down the adhesive and the sticker will come off. Had I gotten a less common color, I'd likely forget the name ("The Red" is pretty easy, though). That aside, I love the packaging. The slight curvature of it and the true-to-color swatch at the bottom, with "SEPHORA" printed in silver along the bottom edge of the tube makes for a very elegant-looking package.
The price is extraordinary. $12 for something that I'd not even think twice about dropping $20 on? That's just terrific.

on 12/3/2013 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I got this in:
It Girl 06 - muted coral tangerine

It is a redder coral with tinge of orange (and unfortunately too much blue). Very pretty and also very creamy. Staying power is not much but then again, that's the pay off with creamy lipstick. To get full lip opaqueness, always go for matte colours. I like this for not drying at all.

Transfer a lot. Hmmm....

Unfortunately for me, I don't like it cause there is way too much blue in this one and this happens to be the reddest of them all. I will stick to my Nars.

on 11/29/2013 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have this in crush. I love bold berries, and this is a smidgeon darker than MAC Rebel. I love colors like that. This is very creamy and moisturizing, however. I will definitely repurchase Sephora lipsticks in the near future.

Popular Lipsticks