December 19, 2014 | 1473 users online

Powder - Maybelline - Shine Free Oil Control Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2014 5:10:00 PM More reviews by babyro0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for quite a while, since I was 16 and have enjoyed it ever since the first time purchasing.

It does go unnoticed because it is usually hidden at the bottom shelf in drugstores and can be found at most supermarkets. It only has 2 shades so I'm not able to use it if I've been tanning as the medium shade is too orange and dark and the light shade is too light. It doesn't go on cakey, however, it doesn't last very long, usually 2 hours for me maximum, especially in summertime.

I don't recommend it if you have really oily skin, it doesn't absorb oil as much as some better higher end brands, it's only $5.00 so it's cheap, but it's cheap for a reason.

The packaging is dreadful, don't throw it in your purse or you'll most likely have a powder mess (which is never fun)

Bottom line, it's worth a try but it isn't the best for everyone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2014 7:33:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

This needs to be more finely milled & less orange. It will oxidize on my oily skin & become greasy after a couple of hours. It's alright but not something I don't know if I'd want to rebuy because light is too light & medium is too dark & orange. The puff it comes with is nice. The packaging is bulky. If you are going to get loose powder for oily type skin get the Coty Airspun loose powder instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2014 7:20:00 AM More reviews by Louiserm97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a pretty good loose powder. It does take the shine away but I wish it would take it away longer. Overall I would buy again. Really good amount that it comes with & colour range is good.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 8:15:00 PM More reviews by BlueberryPancakes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

A HG powder for me. Sets perfectly on my skin. You get plenty of product in the container, which is great too.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2013 9:10:00 PM More reviews by Waaterlilly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

great powder, lasts a very long time and i think it would be good for any skin type. the packaging is not good at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by laurenbtr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

It's a fine setting powder, but it doesn't control oil much and it makes skin slightly lighter. For someone as pale as me I cannot afford to look anymore pale. For someone with mild oiliness and doesn't mind looking a bit more fair, it's a decent product, but you could probably find better.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2013 10:45:00 AM More reviews by edmineralsgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This powder is lovely for my oily skin. I'm glad I decided to try it out. I apply this over my foundation to set it. It gives a nice matte appearance and as for oil control - it lasts around 2-4 hours for me. Don't expect too much. It's a cheap drugstore loose powder, but for the price, it is excellent and does its job! It does not appear cakey and blends in just perfectly on my medium tan skin. I bought my current tin of powder almost 6 months ago and even after daily use, I'm only close to 1/2 way through. It'll last a very long time. The lid on the packaging is very loose though! Don't make the mistake of putting it in your purse without a rubber band over.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2012 10:54:00 PM More reviews by nilorac123321

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love the product, but hate the packaging.
Just...It's so bulky, and the top doesn't always stay on..
But in general, the powder is amazing.
I have combo skin. It's getting cold here in Texas, so I have dry patches and slightly oily T-zone too!~

I use this every day after my Mac foundation to set it and prevent shine. I say that it Works really well. Great for a semi-matte finish, and doesn't cake up!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2012 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Lilra17

I'm not too terribly picky about loose powder, so this one works for me fine for the most part. They could use more color options, since the one I use now really only works for me when I have a bit of a tan. I use this to set my make-up, and it does help mattify my face just a bit, but it's usually pretty shiny again within a few hours, and this is not a package I would want to carry for touch-ups since the lid doesn't stay on.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2012 2:55:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros

- matte finish
- not cakey

Cons

- no oil control
- light coverage

Comments: This is a decent powder, however it doesn't control my oily skin. It's not a big deal considering I don't like touching up, anyway. I use this as a setting powder only and it works well for that giving me light coverage with a matte finish.

Will repurchase.