April 19, 2014 | 1086 users online

Powder - Maybelline - Shine Free Oil Control Loose Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2014 7:20:00 AM More reviews by Louiserm97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a pretty good loose powder. It does take the shine away but I wish it would take it away longer. Overall I would buy again. Really good amount that it comes with & colour range is good.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 8:15:00 PM More reviews by BlueberryPancakes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

A HG powder for me. Sets perfectly on my skin. You get plenty of product in the container, which is great too.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2013 9:10:00 PM More reviews by Waaterlilly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

great powder, lasts a very long time and i think it would be good for any skin type. the packaging is not good at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by laurenbtr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

It's a fine setting powder, but it doesn't control oil much and it makes skin slightly lighter. For someone as pale as me I cannot afford to look anymore pale. For someone with mild oiliness and doesn't mind looking a bit more fair, it's a decent product, but you could probably find better.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2013 10:45:00 AM More reviews by edmineralsgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This powder is lovely for my oily skin. I'm glad I decided to try it out. I apply this over my foundation to set it. It gives a nice matte appearance and as for oil control - it lasts around 2-4 hours for me. Don't expect too much. It's a cheap drugstore loose powder, but for the price, it is excellent and does its job! It does not appear cakey and blends in just perfectly on my medium tan skin. I bought my current tin of powder almost 6 months ago and even after daily use, I'm only close to 1/2 way through. It'll last a very long time. The lid on the packaging is very loose though! Don't make the mistake of putting it in your purse without a rubber band over.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2012 10:54:00 PM More reviews by nilorac123321

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love the product, but hate the packaging.
Just...It's so bulky, and the top doesn't always stay on..
But in general, the powder is amazing.
I have combo skin. It's getting cold here in Texas, so I have dry patches and slightly oily T-zone too!~

I use this every day after my Mac foundation to set it and prevent shine. I say that it Works really well. Great for a semi-matte finish, and doesn't cake up!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2012 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Lilra17

I'm not too terribly picky about loose powder, so this one works for me fine for the most part. They could use more color options, since the one I use now really only works for me when I have a bit of a tan. I use this to set my make-up, and it does help mattify my face just a bit, but it's usually pretty shiny again within a few hours, and this is not a package I would want to carry for touch-ups since the lid doesn't stay on.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2012 2:55:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros

- matte finish
- not cakey

Cons

- no oil control
- light coverage

Comments: This is a decent powder, however it doesn't control my oily skin. It's not a big deal considering I don't like touching up, anyway. I use this as a setting powder only and it works well for that giving me light coverage with a matte finish.

Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 8:08:00 PM More reviews by mantharay27

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of the products that goes unnoticed a lot... found it on the bottom shelf. Nothing flashy, either. But I really like it.

First of all, there's only two shades, meaning it doesn't give a whole lot of coverage. However, it has an airbrushed quality to it that kind of blurs out imperfections without getting too cakey. Powders tend to look bad on me (as do foundations) because my skin has lots of little bumps on it, but this doesn't accentuate it.

It has a soft matte finish as it claims on the packaging. It's quite a pretty finish, but for those who are super oily it might not last all day. I use it over an spf 100 sunscreen, so I would say it does a pretty decent job of keeping things on the glowy side and not on the greasy side. I also really like it over my bare minerals original foundation. The two of them together guarantee all day shine control and a wonderful finish that just gets better as the day goes on.

The price is pretty good and you get a good amount of product-- you don't need a lot. I don't really recommend the sponge, but a good kabuki brush should do the job. The packaging might seem a little weird to others, but i quite like it. If you're looking for a super-matte, high coverage powder, this is definitely not for you. I like it because it looks natural and airbrushed at the same time, thus the 5/5.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2012 6:56:00 PM More reviews by godudicas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

Its not perfect but it literally is the only thing I have found to help control the oil on my face for a little while longer. It's a horrible foundation if you use it on its own because the colour is orange and it can look really chalky if you apply too much. What works for me however is if I use another powder foundation to cover my whole face then I lightly dust this on top of my T zone using a fluffy brush. This way it acts more as a translucent powder and gets rid of shine straight away! After discovering that this technique works for me I don't think I could ever live without it!