August 21, 2014 | 1921 users online

Fragrances - L'Artisan Fragrances - Nuit de Tubereuse

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 12:37:00 AM More reviews by 1hotchick909

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am a perfume fanatic, I've been dying to try this brand, so I jumped all over this when I saw it online at Sephora.
This is beyond anything even Creed can produce. I love tuberose and florals in general, but this is SUCH a unique floral. I feel like all other perfumes are child's play and I finally have become a woman with this perfume.
The tuberose scent is tempered beautifully with the fruit, spices, and woods. At first it's juicy, then fruity, then an incredibly complex floral, woods, spices mix.
This is the feminine, sexy, floral, dirty perfume of my dreams.
I honestly think that men will follow you in public because of Nuit de Tuberose. My favorite perfume ever.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Fleurine

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Nuit de Tubereuse to me is a sheer, sexy, aquatic floral, not overly tuberosy, so Fracas/Carnal Flower/Tuberuese Criminelle/Beyond Love fans be forewarned. This is a woody, haunting, misty scent that remind me of flowers growing on a shady forest floor. It really lives up to the Nuit part. An SA at Barney's spray some of this on me, as it was one of his favorites, and overtime the scent just won me over. It stayed on the sleeve of my sweater, and just kept distracting me with its understated and unique prettiness, the cold tuberose petals do peeking out from time to time.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2012 6:40:00 PM More reviews by AntFarm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the only fragrances I have tried that had fast-forward development. Immediately on the skin it was a peppery tuberose, literally one minute later I smelled some lovely earth and greenery which led me to believe this was morphing into something gorgeous and different-- then five minutes later I was left with peppery water and a wilted tuberose dangling sadly. I felt like one of those announcers at a horse race--here comes Pepper, heading up behind Pepper is Lady Tuberose. Lady Tuberose and Green Machine are neck-to-neck, wait...ohhhhh, all the horses fainted.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2012 3:01:00 PM More reviews by fayedunaway

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

One of my favourite fragances ever. Nuit de Tubereuse is spicy, intense; but with a touch of sweetness that -unlike those uber-sweet, 'young' fragances like Miss Dior Cherie and Prada Candy- is an adult, subtle and true feminine sweetness. Also, the bottle is so stylish and pretty. A masterpiece!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2011 12:04:00 AM More reviews by hazyhaze

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favorite perfume as of the moment. On me, I smell pink pepper and green mango in the opening, tuberose absolute in the middle, and then it dries down to an earthy fragrance that smells absolutely sexy. Also, it wafts beautifully for hours.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2011 10:13:00 PM More reviews by Tamahawk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

L'Artisan Nuit de Tubereuse is my absolute favorite perfume, replacing Diptyque Tam Dao as my #1 fragrance. NdT is so beautiful... The tuberose IS there, but it isn't loud and in your face like Fracas. And, it isn't meant to be. As the translation means "Night of Tuberose," the notes are more hushed and more intimate. The predominant notes that stand out to me are tuberose, pink pepper, orange blossom, sandalwood, and perhaps a hint of cedar? When I wear this fragrance, I visualize a beautiful, demure lady walking with her lover on an enchanting, cool and foggy night in a garden, as the crickets sing their lullaby...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2011 1:22:00 AM More reviews by SNIFFMEALLOVER

The fragrance is really beautifully crafted and I enjoy the earthy quality about it.
It reminds me of the smell of Tahiti by night. I remember years back arriving in Papetee, Tahiti in the afternoon. We went to sleep exhausted after the long flight and woke up in the middle of the night. We went outside and the city was alive. People everywhere. Warm, humid air. The smell of tropical flowers, tiare, frangipani etc. And the smell of moist soil, the earth resting after another extremely hot day.
I don't think I could wear this perfume, as all florals on me make me think of air freshner. I am just not a floral type of gal. I prefer stuff like Dzing! or Timbuktu. But I like the concept of Nuit de Tubereuse.
I have only seen the bottle in pictures on the net, but it looks stunning.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2011 2:26:00 PM More reviews by WentworthRoth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Notes: tuberose, cardamom, clove, pink pepper, pepper, citrus, tuberose, orange blossom, ylang-ylang, rose, mango, angelica, gorse, sandalwood, palisander, musks, benzoin and styrax.

This fragrance opens with an interesting blend of sweet floral and hot spice notes. If the resulting olfactory experience were a fabric it would be black velvet delicately embroidered with an exotic flower motif. As the accord develops orange blossom and tuberose dominate the composition, whereas the resins and balms interwoven with the spices glitter like jet pearls on black moiré fabric. The use of sensual spices like cardamom and clove make this scent more suitable for cooler evenings and night-time events. Its sparkly, almost champagne-like quality confirms my idea of this being a night-time fragrance. To me Nuit de Tubereuse is more “couture” than Serge Noir. Lasts six hours on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2011 6:33:00 AM More reviews by kerriki

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Has to be the sexiest thing of 2010...in fact of anything, its a sort of tuberose-banana- sandalwood, a bit undergrowthy...definitely lost on a desert isle with only an testosterone at-your-service male, who can sail away a stonking big yacht, not that you would want to go anywhere...absolutely gorgeous...must be in the immortal hall of perfume fame.
I'm adding to my first impulse review...its actually also a scent that takes me into a really flashy seaside resort, we have settled on the marine voyage and are rocking up to, say, Monte Carlo!
I can't explain, I get a real marine vibe from this wonderful frag; I would have to, if forced, vote it my #1 of 2010.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2011 1:10:00 PM More reviews by crdimalla

I've never worn or even thought of wearing a tuberose based perfume because I've never seen myself as a floral person and they tend to be the kind of perfumes which bother me eventually. There is something a little remarkable about this one.

According to my best open minded opinion, Nuit De Tubereuse opens with an initial blast of floriental tuberose (as one would expect), but almost instantaneously I caught something round and denser like tonka bean. There was a note perhaps more powerful than anything else that I couldn't put my finger on till about mid day when I was so certain there was a gourmand element hidden...well not so much hidden....lemongrass! Maybe not what L'Artisan had in mind, but it's sure very present to me. It's really what makes the scent for me too. I sat in my Art History lecture staring at Fragonard's "The Secret Meeting". Two procelaine like figures, lovers, convening as the day grew thin in a dreamlike landscape of swollen pale pink blossoms. It seemed like maybe a conincidence, but I feel like that painting was embodying a little bit of Nuit de Tubereuse and even more a coincidence that we immediatly went on to talk about Chinoiserie.

Here I think is the best way I can describe Nuit de Tubereuse. One who is familiar with Chinoiserie will know that it usually specifically pertains to oriental artwork and porcelaine craft adopted by Western society (particularly France). The two realms combine to create something inherently exotic but also elevated by ornate Rococo flourishes and European elegance. I've always been fascinated by Orientalism because of my roots as a half asian half european mix. The concept seemed like the embodiment of my own personal culture.

Nuit de Tubereuse takes the raw, elemental, exotic energies of tuberose and lemongrass, and adds a significant touch of tonka bean, an animalic musk, clove, cardamom, with a strong backdrop of tobacco to elevate two realms of scent that are, to me, both equally present in the perfume. It's curious, seductive, and very likeable at the same time. Soemthing primal, something sophisticated. In addition, I think this is one of those scents which plays upon the psyche a little. I began to notice the animalic musk around the same moments when I was drifiting into my reverie about two lovers in a secret meeting...perhaps it was really only then that the scent saw its full potential. I think some of the best perfumes do this to us, and I'm hoping I'm not the only one.

Most descriptions of the perfume boast of orange blossom and black and pink peppers but I could smell none to speak of today. Perhaps another day?

(See all my reviews at: swigandtipple.blogspot.com)

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No