L'Artisan Fragrances Nuit de Tubereuse

3.7

on 7/5/2015 1:21:00 PM

This one I bought from TKMaxx and it happens to be one of the most unusual smelling perfume I own. The packaging is a clear glass bottle with gold cap encrusted with the Artisan design/logo. I should also mention that the outer cardboard packaging is quite Art Deco and Eye catching with it's black background with gold writing and design as well as a deep pink interior design. It has another additional deep pink cardboard casing. So naturally I do not feel like throwing away the packaging. For an authentic French designer perfume, it was quite reasonably priced at TK Maxx. I liked the packaging so I bought it without having any clue about the smell as there are no samples there. Anyways the smell turned out to be quite mind blowing. It is a sensuous combination of hot summer nights,sweat,musk and in a way it smells sour but not in an off putting way. There are other hidden notes and undertones to it and in a nut shell it reminds of hot, sweaty nights in Paris maybe. I have a 50ml EDP bottle and it will last me forever. If I run out of it soon which is quite unlikely, I will definitely repurchase this subject to availability. A big thumps up for this night time almost haunting yet profoundly seductive perfume.

on 3/8/2015 1:37:00 PM

Confession: my reference tuberose is Fracas. But don't dismiss me on this factor alone. My reference honeysuckle is vintage Avon from the seventies. This reference point caused me to double check the label, and double check my French-English dictionary. I don't get tuberoses at all. The "nuit" part of the name compelled me to ride with this a while to see what happened. The opening salvo is pure wood, like horse barn shavings, a scent I happen to love. A citrus element comes next and freshens up the mood. After a bit, you get hints of something floral, and it peeks out from behind the citrus and wood as does the sun on a chiariscuro day. It never dominates. After some hours, something a bit more fruity and murky comes along (rhubarb?), and it seems to be grounded in some patchouli. I like this. It sticks around and transitions. It is light but persistent. But stick with Fracas if you want tuberoses.

on 9/29/2014 8:21:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Not a tuberose for me. It's very spicy and peppery and seems somehow thin, like they almost forgot the tuberose note. Not a bad scent, but nothing like the rich, expansive notes I expect with a fragrance named Tuberose.

on 1/27/2013 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am a perfume fanatic, I've been dying to try this brand, so I jumped all over this when I saw it online at Sephora.
This is beyond anything even Creed can produce. I love tuberose and florals in general, but this is SUCH a unique floral. I feel like all other perfumes are child's play and I finally have become a woman with this perfume.
The tuberose scent is tempered beautifully with the fruit, spices, and woods. At first it's juicy, then fruity, then an incredibly complex floral, woods, spices mix.
This is the feminine, sexy, floral, dirty perfume of my dreams.
I honestly think that men will follow you in public because of Nuit de Tuberose. My favorite perfume ever.

on 4/20/2012 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Nuit de Tubereuse to me is a sheer, sexy, aquatic floral, not overly tuberosy, so Fracas/Carnal Flower/Tuberuese Criminelle/Beyond Love fans be forewarned. This is a woody, haunting, misty scent that remind me of flowers growing on a shady forest floor. It really lives up to the Nuit part. An SA at Barney's spray some of this on me, as it was one of his favorites, and overtime the scent just won me over. It stayed on the sleeve of my sweater, and just kept distracting me with its understated and unique prettiness, the cold tuberose petals do peeking out from time to time.

on 1/4/2012 6:40:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

This is one of the only fragrances I have tried that had fast-forward development. Immediately on the skin it was a peppery tuberose, literally one minute later I smelled some lovely earth and greenery which led me to believe this was morphing into something gorgeous and different-- then five minutes later I was left with peppery water and a wilted tuberose dangling sadly. I felt like one of those announcers at a horse race--here comes Pepper, heading up behind Pepper is Lady Tuberose. Lady Tuberose and Green Machine are neck-to-neck, wait...ohhhhh, all the horses fainted.

on 1/1/2012 3:01:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

One of my favourite fragances ever. Nuit de Tubereuse is spicy, intense; but with a touch of sweetness that -unlike those uber-sweet, 'young' fragances like Miss Dior Cherie and Prada Candy- is an adult, subtle and true feminine sweetness. Also, the bottle is so stylish and pretty. A masterpiece!

on 11/2/2011 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

My favorite perfume as of the moment. On me, I smell pink pepper and green mango in the opening, tuberose absolute in the middle, and then it dries down to an earthy fragrance that smells absolutely sexy. Also, it wafts beautifully for hours.

on 10/18/2011 10:13:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

L'Artisan Nuit de Tubereuse is my absolute favorite perfume, replacing Diptyque Tam Dao as my #1 fragrance. NdT is so beautiful... The tuberose IS there, but it isn't loud and in your face like Fracas. And, it isn't meant to be. As the translation means "Night of Tuberose," the notes are more hushed and more intimate. The predominant notes that stand out to me are tuberose, pink pepper, orange blossom, sandalwood, and perhaps a hint of cedar? When I wear this fragrance, I visualize a beautiful, demure lady walking with her lover on an enchanting, cool and foggy night in a garden, as the crickets sing their lullaby...

The fragrance is really beautifully crafted and I enjoy the earthy quality about it.
It reminds me of the smell of Tahiti by night. I remember years back arriving in Papetee, Tahiti in the afternoon. We went to sleep exhausted after the long flight and woke up in the middle of the night. We went outside and the city was alive. People everywhere. Warm, humid air. The smell of tropical flowers, tiare, frangipani etc. And the smell of moist soil, the earth resting after another extremely hot day.
I don't think I could wear this perfume, as all florals on me make me think of air freshner. I am just not a floral type of gal. I prefer stuff like Dzing! or Timbuktu. But I like the concept of Nuit de Tubereuse.
I have only seen the bottle in pictures on the net, but it looks stunning.

Popular Fragrances