LUSH Oatifix Fresh Mask

3.8

Glycerine, Fine Oatmeal (Avena sativa), Fresh Organic Bananas (Musa paradisiaca), Water (Aqua), Ground Almonds (Prunus dulcis), Illipe Butter (Shorea stenoptera), Kaolin, Talc, Vanilla Pod (Vanilla planifolia), Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia), Sandalwood Oil (Santalum austro-caledonicum vieill), Benzoin Resinoid (Styrax tonkinensis pierre), *Coumarin, *Benzyl Cinnamate, *Linalool, Perfume, Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides)

on 7/26/2015 8:41:00 PM

I found my favorite face mask now. My HG fresh mask. If the store ran out I go with BB seaweed or Sacred Truth. These 3 masks work very well with my skin type which is normal to dry. The Oatifix is very make my face moist. If you're oily try other fresh masks, Lush make great masks. Love it. Must have.

on 7/23/2015 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a bit of an indulgent product. I didn't really need it -- I have enough hydrating masks that actually do something to my skin -- but I wanted to jump into the World of Lush and try some of their masks. This smells like banana bread -- a little weird that I'm smearing this over my face -- but it definitely leaves my skin soft immediately and the following morning. I have used this every night since I've purchased it and no break outs! yay! I would like to try some of the others -- but this is a treat for my skin that I will come back to if I can't find anything better.

on 7/23/2015 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Deep Dark, Not Sure

This product is delightful. Truly. It smells fantastic and it's a nice face mask for a night in. Now let's be honest this does absolutely nothing for my face except hydrate it. It's not an exfoliant it doesn't really soothe my skin (but then again my skin doesn't need soothing). This mask is more like a treat, it's just something you put on at night when you feel like giving your face a little TLC. But once again this product does absolutely nothing for my skin except smell good and leave it soft. I wouldn't repurchase only because there's probably other lush masks that I would rather try first. But if all else fails I'll come back to this one.

on 7/20/2015 5:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have dry acne-prone skin in winter so I was a bit worried to use Oatifix at first because my skin hasn't been super dry this winter as it usually is and it might break me out. But I purchased this since because I wanted to buy a mask I can finish within the three-week shelf life by sharing it with my sister who has slightly dryer skin than I do and will benefit from this mask. Sharing this mask justifies the short shelf life and price of this product for me.

Anyway, I finally used this and I'm pretty glad I did! Application was hard, but I used the back of a plastic spoon to scoop it from the tub and spread it on my face. Rinsing off was hard too because the mask is very sticky, but that doesn't bother me a lot. The mask left a REALLY sticky feeling on my face for HOURS which was a little bothersome, but since I used it at night I waited for the stickiness to get absorbed by sleeping. I was worried about the stickiness because I was scared it would block my pores by the next day.

By the next morning, my skin was beautiful! All the stickiness was gone and my skin was plump asf. Absolutely no new breakouts either. Overall, highly recommended to those with moderately to severely dry skin! I use numerous serums, essences and creams every night which gives me ample moisture, but this mask alone probably contains more moisture than I get from all that stuff I use already! It's a good mask to use every now and again if your skin is feeling tight, flaky, dry or irritated. It's way too rich in my opinion to use more often than maybe once or twice a week, and I don't see myself using this in the summertime. This is a winter mask for me, so I won't be repurchasing for another year or so.

I've noticed a lot of people had a negative skin reaction from this mask, and that's probably a result of an ingredient or two in this mask their skin doesn't agree with. So before purchasing, I would carefully look at the ingredients list and make sure there are no ingredients on there that you know will cause a bad reaction on your skin! Get a sample too! Don't waste your money on something that may not work!

on 6/28/2015 8:28:00 PM

Broke me out after first use.
My skin is not easily irritated. I can use a lot of stuff but this one is just awful!

on 3/22/2015 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have purchased this product probably about 10 times now, so I have a very good understanding of how it works. I will say that this mask is definitely safe for sensitive skin. It never has left me broken out, irritated, or with a burning sensation like some of the other Lush face masks do. In fact, my skin felt soothed from this mask. I have dry-very dry skin, and this product does not dry me out. My skin feels supple and soft after removing with warm water, and it gives me a healthy dewy look. I can't fail to mention that the scent is HEAVENLY! It smells like sugar and freshly made cookies...YUM (you will be tempted to eat it every time) The price of this face mask in Canada is about $7, which gives me about 5-10 uses (you don't need a lot to cover your face). However, the reason I give this mask 4 lippies is because it doesn't achieve miraculous results. The best you will get from this mask is hydrated skin that smells delicious for a pampering experience at a relatively low cost. I will continue to repurchase this product because I love the scent so much and it does give my skin a little extra hydration that I need (especially in Canada's cold winter months!)

on 3/12/2015 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

My skin is very dry and flaky around my eyes and forehead, and also extremely sensitive, so I tend to stay away from masks, but I'm glad I tried this one. It relieves dryness (temporarily) and gives my skin a really nice, smooth texture (again, only temporarily).

It smells like super sweet over-ripe bananas and it feels lumpy and goopy going on. I am not a big fan of the look and texture. However, it rinses off easily and leaves skin soft and not overly dry.

I've deducted 1 lippie because it needs to be refrigerated. I think it's great that it's made naturally without preservatives, however the need for refrigeration makes it difficult to travel with. If I could travel with this in the Winter, it would be a 5/5 product despite the smell and messy appearance.

I haven't noticed any breakouts or sensitivity since I started using this. I use it typically once a week for about 5 minutes. Overall I like it, but I don't LOVE it. I probably will repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This is the only face mask that I have gotten from Lush which I have used more than a handful of times over the years, I feel that the Oatifix I have currently sitting in the fridge will be the last time I use and purchase it. I've noticed my skin hasn't been reacting so kindly as of late, small bumps have also been appearing on my face and I also feel a slight burning sensation when applying and rinsing the product. I think it's safe to say that my love affair with Oatifix is well and truly over.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Of all Lush masks I've tried, Oatifix honestly isn't my favorite.

It does smell amazing, I'll give it that. It smells the best out of all the masks in my opinion, just like banana bread. Not going to lie, I tried to taste it at one point!

As for results, it really didn't do much. I was disappointed. It was really heavy feeling on my face and took a while to dry...chunks kept falling off in the sink. It almost burned a little too, I'm not sure what it was. When I washed it off my face was moisturized which was good, but it still felt kind of oily. I ended up throwing it out after two uses.

I would say use this mask in the winter or harsh weather if you have dry skin.. If you have regular skin it really doesn't do much.

on 1/24/2015 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

This I a great face mask for anyone with dry skin. I suffer with dry skin and when the weather gets cold no moisturisers can smooth my dry skin until I tried oatfix!

The product doesn't smooth into the skin that easily and the application can be a little messy as it falls and splatters but once you warm it with your fingers you can rub it on nicely and It smells beautiful. It says to leave it on for 5-10 minutes but I leave it on longer for up to half an hour as my skin is extremely dry. My skin is quite sensitive and my face sometimes feels a little soar and red when rubbing it in but once I have washed it off it leaves my skin so soft and smooth. I use lush skin drink immediately after washing it off and it leaves my skin moisturised for the rest of the day.

Popular Masks