LUSH Oatifix Fresh Mask

3.7

Glycerine, Fine Oatmeal (Avena sativa), Fresh Organic Bananas (Musa paradisiaca), Water (Aqua), Ground Almonds (Prunus dulcis), Illipe Butter (Shorea stenoptera), Kaolin, Talc, Vanilla Pod (Vanilla planifolia), Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia), Sandalwood Oil (Santalum austro-caledonicum vieill), Benzoin Resinoid (Styrax tonkinensis pierre), *Coumarin, *Benzyl Cinnamate, *Linalool, Perfume, Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides)

on 3/22/2015 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have purchased this product probably about 10 times now, so I have a very good understanding of how it works. I will say that this mask is definitely safe for sensitive skin. It never has left me broken out, irritated, or with a burning sensation like some of the other Lush face masks do. In fact, my skin felt soothed from this mask. I have dry-very dry skin, and this product does not dry me out. My skin feels supple and soft after removing with warm water, and it gives me a healthy dewy look. I can't fail to mention that the scent is HEAVENLY! It smells like sugar and freshly made cookies...YUM (you will be tempted to eat it every time) The price of this face mask in Canada is about $7, which gives me about 5-10 uses (you don't need a lot to cover your face). However, the reason I give this mask 4 lippies is because it doesn't achieve miraculous results. The best you will get from this mask is hydrated skin that smells delicious for a pampering experience at a relatively low cost. I will continue to repurchase this product because I love the scent so much and it does give my skin a little extra hydration that I need (especially in Canada's cold winter months!)

on 3/12/2015 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

My skin is very dry and flaky around my eyes and forehead, and also extremely sensitive, so I tend to stay away from masks, but I'm glad I tried this one. It relieves dryness (temporarily) and gives my skin a really nice, smooth texture (again, only temporarily).

It smells like super sweet over-ripe bananas and it feels lumpy and goopy going on. I am not a big fan of the look and texture. However, it rinses off easily and leaves skin soft and not overly dry.

I've deducted 1 lippie because it needs to be refrigerated. I think it's great that it's made naturally without preservatives, however the need for refrigeration makes it difficult to travel with. If I could travel with this in the Winter, it would be a 5/5 product despite the smell and messy appearance.

I haven't noticed any breakouts or sensitivity since I started using this. I use it typically once a week for about 5 minutes. Overall I like it, but I don't LOVE it. I probably will repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This is the only face mask that I have gotten from Lush which I have used more than a handful of times over the years, I feel that the Oatifix I have currently sitting in the fridge will be the last time I use and purchase it. I've noticed my skin hasn't been reacting so kindly as of late, small bumps have also been appearing on my face and I also feel a slight burning sensation when applying and rinsing the product. I think it's safe to say that my love affair with Oatifix is well and truly over.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Of all Lush masks I've tried, Oatifix honestly isn't my favorite.

It does smell amazing, I'll give it that. It smells the best out of all the masks in my opinion, just like banana bread. Not going to lie, I tried to taste it at one point!

As for results, it really didn't do much. I was disappointed. It was really heavy feeling on my face and took a while to dry...chunks kept falling off in the sink. It almost burned a little too, I'm not sure what it was. When I washed it off my face was moisturized which was good, but it still felt kind of oily. I ended up throwing it out after two uses.

I would say use this mask in the winter or harsh weather if you have dry skin.. If you have regular skin it really doesn't do much.

on 1/24/2015 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

This I a great face mask for anyone with dry skin. I suffer with dry skin and when the weather gets cold no moisturisers can smooth my dry skin until I tried oatfix!

The product doesn't smooth into the skin that easily and the application can be a little messy as it falls and splatters but once you warm it with your fingers you can rub it on nicely and It smells beautiful. It says to leave it on for 5-10 minutes but I leave it on longer for up to half an hour as my skin is extremely dry. My skin is quite sensitive and my face sometimes feels a little soar and red when rubbing it in but once I have washed it off it leaves my skin so soft and smooth. I use lush skin drink immediately after washing it off and it leaves my skin moisturised for the rest of the day.

I have always been a fan of the lush fresh face masks and usually go for the seaweed but needed some extra moisture for these winter months. It smells like a honey flapjack and it is very thick texture with oats in. At first it was annoying to apply but once your hands warmed the product up it slid on much easier. I left on for about half hour and could still smell the honey. It was a bit difficult to wash off but I massaged it into my skin with warm water until it all came off and then my skin felt exfoliated, moisturised and clean. Woke up to a lovely soft and refreshed face! Great mask!

on 10/24/2014 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Let me just start off by saying that this mask is gorgeous. It smells heavenly and once you have it on it just kind of sinks into the skin and wraps you up is a warm sweet buttery scent.

So the main ingredients of the mask are Glycerin, Oatmeal, Fresh Bananas, ground almonds, and kaolin clay. Aside from smelling good bananas contain a ton of vitamin C and B6 which helps boost the elasticity of the skin. The vitamin A helps to provide the skin with deep moisture. The glycerin acts a a natural humectant constantly drawing moisture from the air to keep you moisturized. And the oatmeal is made to soothe and calm the skin while giving genial exfoliation and moisture at the same time. Lush also throws in a little kaolin clay to detoxify and deep cleanse the skin without stripping it.

To apply it I like to start with a clean face. I always exfoliate before I put any mask on. I feel like if you exfoliate first you get a chance to get rid of all the nastiness on your face and reveal new skin and instantly nourish that new skin through a mask. It really allows the mask to sink into the skin better.I use ocean salt another product by lush as my exfoliator. Then I work the mask on. I just take a little on my fingertips and then slowly kind if work it over my face. It is a little solid at first from the fridge, but then it sort of just melts onto your skin. I just do a thin layer, and I usually leave it on for about thirty minutes to an hour. I personally love leaving this specific mask on for a whole because it's so soothing and moisturizing that I just want to soak up all the benefits. After I have let it sit on my face I just rinse my face with warm water , pat my face dry with a towel, I do not rub, and then apply moisturizer.

My skin is more on the combo side, normal/oily. Usually skin tends to be oily because it is lacking moisture, so your skin produces oil in an effort to try and moisturize itself. Hence why I use this mask. It is intensely moisturizing especially after exfoliating. The moisture from the mask helps to balance out the skin so that it doesn't have to overcompensate with oil.

Overall this mask does exactly what it is supposed to. It softens the skin with bananas and calms it with the oatmeal. All of the ingredients work together to give the skin a really soft moisturizer finish that isn't too heavy feeling. It all just sinks in leaving you with delicate skin.

For those of you looking for something to brighten this isn't for you, this isn't meant to brighten. It is just meant to smooth and moisturize the skin. I love this mask and I think that everyone's skin could benefit from this no matter what type.

I only give this four stars because I feel like you could make this at home, it would not smell nearly as good and would probably expire faster but I feel like you could DIY this at home.

on 10/23/2014 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This was bought for me as a gift by someone who knew my skin type - dry, red and sensitive. Exactly what this face mask claims to tackle.

This mask smells absolutely amazing, however it does look a little like vomit smeared all over your face once on which I found amusing! It can be a little messy but eh... nothing some water and a cloth won't clear up.

The first time I used this mask I left it on for 10-15 minutes as advised in the instructions. Once removed my skin felt/look no different. Perhaps a little smoother but no real difference.

I recently used the mask a second and a third time, this time leaving it on for half an hour or so in order to let the mask actually get deep into my skin and do it's thing. Once I removed the mask, my skin felt sooo soft. All the dry flaky patches I had on my skin were gone and this provided a perfect base for make up application!

The mask does claim to remove redness which I feel this did not happen at all which is a shame as I suffer from quite red skin. I do not think I would repurchase this product, as even though the softness is and feels amazing, the mask does not have a stand out quality which would draw me into buying it again.

If it helped with redness, I think I would. If you have dry skin I would highly recommend this product to aid with dry and flaky patches on the skin. I cannot see this being an ideal mask for those with oily skin as it is extremely moisturising.

I would give this product 4/5 as it does assist with dryness and flakiness. I would not give 5 as it does not help with redness like it claims.

on 9/21/2014 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is honestly the best face mask I've ever tried. I have very acne-prone skin, and I've been using quite a lot of topical products to help tone it down (which it has), but it's left my skin really dry and flakey. When I put this mask on, it leaves my face feeling SO soft and luscious! it literally feels like a baby's bum, and all of my dry, flakey areas are gone! another upside to it, is that most hydrating products do hydrate my face, but they break me out, since most acne-prone people have oily skin. This face mask did NOT break me out or anything; it soothed my face, made it feel soft, and got rid of ALL my dry areas! Definitely repurchasing!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have oily/combination skin, and my skin does not need all that moisture, that this really gives. It felt like there was a huge layer of oil on my skin. But I knew that this was very moisturizing when i bought it. So this was not for my skin type.

But i am sure that people with dry skin would love this.

I love the smell of it. It smells sooooo god. Like vanilla and bananas. Simply amazing.

The price is very affordable. I just wish the product would last longer (all lush's face masks)

I hate the packaging - i don't like tubs. But thats just a personal preference.

Popular Masks