April 20, 2014 | 1670 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Korres - Quercetin & Oak Antiageing Face Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by Dapp2711

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I Love this product. It was given to me as a sample in Sephora one day and I figured I tried it out since I didn't even know what a primer's purpose was. I end up using this product mostly as a moisturizer since, again, I did not know how to use it. I must say, it has made my skin have this very subtle glow.

Eventually, I learned to use it with makeup and still have great results. My only recommendation is to not use it if you're using other oil based moisturizers. Your makeup won't last.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2013 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Rhonda2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This doubles as a moisturizer for people who don't need a lot of moisture. I had to use a moisturizer underneath it.

Strong flower fragrance, which some may love, but others may find irritating.

Kept my makeup looking fresh all day. This is the fourth primer I've tried, but the best as far as keeping makeup lasting long and looking fresh all day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2013 3:47:00 AM More reviews by arianell

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wish I had read the reviews of this Quercetin & Oak Primer here on MUA before purchasing it. I had been wanting to try Korres' Pomegranate Primer, which is supposedly amazing for oily skin, but they were out of stock at Sephora, so I picked this one up instead. I like the scent of this product, and I love the idea of a primer that isn't silicone-based, as silicone tends to clog my pores. The supposed anti-aging benefits seemed like a nice perk, too.

This primer is probably better for dry skin, as it has a very moisturizing feel (it feels more like a moisturizer than like a traditional primer, honestly) or maybe it works well when paired with a Korres foundation/powder, but it just did NOTHING for the longevity of my foundation, or for the overall tone/texture of my skin. I went through one tube pretty quickly (it isn't one of those products where a tiny bit goes a long way) and overall I was just really underwhelmed with how it performed on me. For my skin type, there are certainly much better primers out there, at much lower price points too.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2013 11:54:00 PM More reviews by atomickittenlove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I usually use mineral veil by Hourglass but recently I found my makeup starting to slide off mid-day. Also wanted a primer with a cheaper price tag. This was recommended to me by a salesperson at sephora. It does wonders for keeping my foundation in place all day and I also liked the light weight packaging (tube vs. hourglass bottle)- good for travel. However, after a week of use I developed cystic acne bumps, which i haven't had in years. I shoulda known based on the smell- lost of flowery scents ("natural" products always wreak havoc on my face). I stopped using it three days ago and my acne is starting to clear up; Returned it today and re-purchased mineral veil.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2013 5:35:00 AM More reviews by AgeJ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have only used this twice and I am already in love!
I have been using the original silicon-free face primer and was loving that, but I found it wasn't working very well with any of the mineral makeup I have (mostly Joppa Minerals, but that's a whole other story).

I had also wanted to try this because I have dry skin (very acne prone, but very dry, annoying >.>) and I find that anything that is anti-aging is usually going to help put back some internal moisture and stop early fine lines, some of which I already have.

I bought a 10ml sample size from eBay, and I think I like this better than just the original primer formula.
A lot of people said they experienced the 'balling up' effect, this hasn't happened with me and never really happens with primers, usually if it does I find it is because I haven't exfoliated properly.
It goes on nice and smooth, and doesn't really have much of a scent, I'd say if anything it is slightly citrus scented. I was thinking about it this morning, it's almost like lemon jello.

So far this hasn't irritated me at all, and my skin will usually act up immediately (i.e. 5 - 20 minuted within application) if it is 'disturbed' by a product.
It definitely extends the life of my foundation, without a doubt, and I absolutely love the finish it gives my skin - 'semi-dewy', non-artificial looking natural skin kind of glow.

So far the only con is that the product isn't very available, I have to search through eBay and pay pretty unreasonable postage costs to get it (born and bred Australian here).
Even so, I'd definitely repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by cameobear

In theory, I loved the idea of this product. I have oily skin and large pores, so I love wearing primer under my foundation to help improve the appearance of my skin and make my makeup last much longer. Unfortunately, so many primers are loaded with silicone, and make me break our HORRIBLY. As a result many cult classics, like benefit porefessional, smashbox photofinish, etc, just dont work for me. I love the Hourglass mineral primer, but its nearly twice as much as this primer, so I thought I'd try a sample of this to see if it was a more affordable alternative.

When I first put this on, I loved the smooth, lotion like texture, but it started to lightly burn and tingle my skin. I probably should've taken that as a warning sign, but I ignored it and put on the rest of my makeup, and went about my day. That night when I took off my makeup, my skin was red, blotchy, and covered in rash like bumps. Thankfully no pimples, but my skin is clearly pissed off. I do not have sensitive skin AT ALL, and have never experienced this with a product before. So strange for a product claiming to be a better, natural alternative, but I simply cannot recommend this!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by Boxerface

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Korres makes products that are truly gentle to your skin. I would only consider this primer with Korres Foundation. Otherwise why bother. If you are looking for a primer to correct your skin tone, make your foundation last or keep the color even across your face, this just will not do. But it will make the Korres foundation last a tiny bit longer and benefit your dry skin. See the Foundation review to understand what I mean. This primer is not your typical primer.

No Cones, NO Sulfates NO Fragrances, No Dyes, NO Petro Chemicals to clog pores, No Sulfates, No... not sure but I know the list is long. And NO it does not work. It means it is not going to work the way you might imagine a primer to work. It is not going to color correct or fill in fine lines. It is not going to provide a base for the makeup but rather is is going to provide a healthy base that any good moisturizer should do. Your makeup is not going to last longer with this primer. There was no difference using this prior to foundation. I think it definitely makes my skin feel better. I have dry, sensitive, roaseac and acne scarred skin. My skin needs something gentle and this is definitely an option.

Will this primer work with other foundations? I tried it with ELDW, Clarins and Revlon... Nothing! It did nothing special. If your goal is to go natural and no cones this will be great and you will love it with the Korres foundations.

What will this primer do? It is not going to make your make up last longer but it will make your skin feel and look better over time. Is it worth it? I would save your money and use it toward a super moisturizer, BB cream or serum. Get a sample from Ulta or Sephora and see for yourself. You might find you love it. I found it did nothing a good sunscreen couldn't do.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2013 6:28:00 PM More reviews by berrycurious

An extremely overpriced moisturizer (around $70) than pills up and does not make makeup go on any smoother. Actually it makes application worse due to the pilling.
I tried it on my eyes and that didn't do a thing either!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2013 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I, like some other reviewers, was skeptical about this product because I have combination skin. I received this as a gift. Normally, I don't buy primers if they don't have sunscreen, as I prefer eliminating steps in my make up routine if possible. However, I was pleasently surprised. I have been doing many peels on my face to help reduce acne scarring I have. This primer gives moisture back to my face and helps it feels balanced. I am really enjoying it for the winter. I might skip this if you have any sort of oily skin in the summer though.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2013 3:12:00 AM More reviews by marylovexo

I have combination oily skin. I was a bit skeptical of trying this product. I read a lot of reviews saying it was like a moisturizer etc. I had to give it a try because my skin always acts up on silicon primers. I can honestly say I love this primer! I use it in combination with korres mineral makeup. It's the best primer ever. Even though I have oily skin I find that it works perfect . I apply a really, really small amount. It makes my skin smooth and my makeup literally looks fresh the whole day. I use tarte's maracuja concealer. It's so creamy and I find that it will never really set or last all day. When I applied this primer, the concealer lasted all day. I am impressed with this primer. My holy grail !