July 23, 2014 | 2043 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Aveeno - positively nourishing moisturizer

rated 3.0(1 review)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2010 4:10:00 PM More reviews by clearady

Generally speaking, when it comes to skincare like moisturizers, i always stick with organic as the majority of the drugstore brands of lotion ceased to impress me: Vaseline's cocoa butter lotion, Nivea's smooth sensation, Olay's purple bottled one, that Aloe one from a separate brand, etc. The only reputable lotion from the drugstore is Ocean Potion's Aloe lotion, other than that they're usually not amazing.

I bought this because I know that Aveeno is supposed to be a gentle brand, the packaging was appealing (sleek with a pump and light blue all over), and it read BLUEBERRY (love blueberries) goji on the cover. The advertising "refreshing, positively nourishing, 24-hour body moisturizer, luxurious soft smooth skin" didn't get me at all, as they go overboard with the claims and adjectives, as most drugstore/department brands do.

I was disappointed. It was not money well spent, as I barely make use to this comparatively to my Mi Voga Acai lotion (which is organic) and simply divine.

Pros:

1. easy to buy at Target, cheap price

2. beautiful packaging (perhaps its strongest point)

3. very nice light scent (although when you put it straight to your face, you can smell the chemicals).

Cons:

1. Isn't organic

2. Isn't superbly moisturizing like it claims

3. It smells like chemicals (as i put my arm over my eyes when i sleep, and that's all i could smell)

4. No difference in my skin texture the next day

5. Still feeling a little greasy after it sinks in

Would I buy again?... No, I will get enough of the beautiful packaging sitting on my shelf for a good two years from now. Blah.

UPDATE: i still don't use this more than my Mi Voga nor more than my Mountain Ocean coconut lotion as those are the best organic lotions I've tried by far (even better than Albas), but this one is not half bad. I still won't repurchase, but if I had to recommend a few drugstore lotions, they would go in this order, Jergen's cherry almond, Noah's Naturals body lotion, and this one of Aveenos. Though, I'm sure using the one that controls how fast your body hair grows makes more sense, unless there is a scent of this one that you can't pass up. I saw results with that other Aveeno lotion, and can say I would recommend it to someone, because after all, everyone else has different priorities, standards, and needs, and i'm sure one of my friends would love that she doesn't have to shave often.