October 22, 2014 | 1135 users online

Hair Removal - Schick - Hydro 5

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 1:23:00 PM More reviews by pickmepinup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I thought this was lovely! So lovely I'm skeptical that naysayers paired this up with a good, high-quality shaving cream or lotion or were patient enough to be very careful and to get the best results.

Good for both legs and underarms, this nicely-weighted razor gives a really easy, slippery shave with no dragging, nicking or scraping, even around finicky parts like ankles and knees. Really, this was so slick and glided so effortlessly across my skin that it was just a really leisurely, nice time in the shower. Nothing quite like super silky legs all softened up with your favorite lotion. I kept on touching mine for an hour after.

I could definitely feel a thin film from the Hydro strip on my legs after washing up, but personally, I really liked the way that felt. I wouldn't want that oily feeling on my face if I were a guy, I don't imagine, but for legs, underarms and bikini lines, a soothing layer of softness is always, always welcome. I feel super pampered.

I'm actually eager to hop back into the shower and use this again, though the funny thing is that my legs are still very, very smooth the second day after using it. Definitely try these, because they are worth the price, but make sure you've got a trustworthy shaving lotion on your skin before you do. Got to have a good canvas to work on!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by Saspants

I received one of these disposables in my sample box from Walgreens. I normally use an Epilator so I threw this in my travel bag and used a month or so later while traveling for work. WOW, I really like how this felt gliding across my legs. It has gel strips that are activated by water and it makes the blades glide effortlessly over my legs. The head is slightly weighted so there is no need to press down while shaving. I totally agree with another reviewer that Schick hasn't offered the best quality razors in the past but this one makes up for it. As I stated, I normally use an Epilator and started doing so since shaving was tearing up my legs due to the lack of quality razors on the market...this one may get me to start shaving regularly again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2013 5:36:00 PM More reviews by laluna82

I've been a Venus user for years, but one day I ran out of blades for my Spa Breeze and had to steal my husband's Hydro 5. I have to admit, I've never been a Schick fan before. As a teenager, I had a Schick Silk Effects razor, and using it always felt like trying to shave with a rusty butter knife wrapped in barbed wire. But I was pleasantly surprised with the Hydro 5. It is weighted, so you don't feel the need to press down like you would with a cheap plastic women's razor. It also gave me a smooth shave with no cuts at all, unlike the Venus Original (three blades), which always turned my legs into a filet. My only small complaint is having to pull back the lubricating strip in order to shave the underarm area, but that's a minor issue. This razor is definitely a keeper, especially since you can easily get coupons for replacement blades. I won't be purchasing any women's razors ever again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2013 1:32:00 PM More reviews by angiee0215

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I know this is for "men" but I wore out one of the razors and thought i would do a review on it! This stuff is amazing for shaving everything because the head is so flexible. I am allergic to certain shaving creams so sometimes I don't use any and with soap this glides over and I do not have any cuts or bumps. This helped me provide with the more smooth and easiest shave. Ladies do not be turned off cuz it is for men! It is way better than any womens razor that I've used!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2013 4:44:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I still prefer my Gillette Fusion, but this one is almost as good. It was on sale at CVS plus I had coupons and ECBs, so it was free. This one is heavier and bulkier than the Fusion, but it glides smoothly over my skin without any problems. Never cut myself, even without using shaving cream (usually I just use whatever body wash I have). I'd definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 10:35:00 AM More reviews by Kellitor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my absolute favorite razor, and I have tried a lot of them! I went through a phase where I HAD TO HAVE female razors, because I was a female, and that phase was crushed when my campus was giving away these razors like candy (I actually went home with 4). I started using it as soon as I ran out of razors in my Schick intuition and I fell in love. I have never gotten as good of a shave as this razor gave me, and I almost ALWAYS got razor burn before I got the Schick Hydro 5. I actually recently upgraded to the Power Select version of this razor (the electric one) and I love it even more. I even have converted several of my friends and family members over to this razor!
The best part about this razor? How dirt cheap the blades are. I don't think I'll ever want to change razors.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2011 4:15:00 PM More reviews by lasoltera

I use men's Fusion for a couple years now and loved it but it's so freaking expensive. I am happy to have found this one. It gives me smooth and close shave. I use on legs, bikini and underarms. I really hope this shaver does not get phased out!! Oh and I LOVE the travel cover.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/2/2010 4:06:00 PM More reviews by jlclerf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I thought this was a good razor at first, but when I found that my legs, underarms and bikini area had stubble only an hour (!!!) after shaving, I decided that there are much better products out there. I liked their idea of protecting the moisturizing bar (or Hydro strip) by covering it with a mesh, and it did help provide a smooth, nick-free shave. The razor was able to get a somewhat closer shave on my thighs than it could on my calves, which is the complete opposite of my experience with all other razors. I'm not sure it matters, since the "immediate stubble" problem is a deal breaker for me! The handle is pretty good - lots of rubberized surface so you won't drop it easily. I did find it to be a little bulky, but I have small hands and am used to the thinner handles of the razors I usually buy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2010 11:22:00 AM More reviews by mascaraismycrack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this razor. My intentions were to get this for my husband but after he raved about it, I had to try it. My husband has a very course, curly beard. His skin is thick yet he's prone to break-outs and folliculitis. He uses Kiss My Face shave cream for sensitve skin along with this razor and he rarely gets folliculitis now. He will get a 5 oclock shadow and this razor gets him a very close shave that now he's able to skip a day in between shaving.

I personally use this on my axiallry area and legs. Gets a nice, close shave and no break-outs, rashes or folliculitis. I can't comment on use for bikini area since I wax in that region.

Highly recommend this razor, very inexpensive plus it's always on sale at CVS.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2010 8:54:00 AM More reviews by nxdfashionista

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I actually love this razor! I have very thick dark hair when it grows in, and this one does the job! I haven't experienced the cuts everyone is talking about, but since my hair is no joke, I always use shaving cream. I have been using EOS shave cream, but found that when i use the hydro cream that came with the razor, i got an amazing shave. i would buy this razor again, but only if the price were right. I feel like I get the same shave from my quattro vibration, and an even better from my venus embrace. I got this on sale at walmart (a package deal of razor & 6 cartridges) for $9. The major con is that the razor doesn't click on to the base, so it just sits there.